1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pointless even saying anything.

He’ll turn it around in Europe and make us into a force again...

Jeannie960 likes this.
  2. Grace

There's nobody I would rather have in charge.

He's by no means perfect, he's stubborn, he can be frustrating but what he's delivered for us was beyond my wildest dreams.

Europe is horrible, and barring the odd spectacular night, I watch the games through my fingers. But I'd rather Brendan than anyone else we could have.

3. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    Rodgers isnt the problem. He is being let down by the players and board.

Forestbhoy66 and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. Lewis Kerr

I do like Brendan but let’s call a spade a spade here.

He’s a massive bullshitter. At Liverpool he was the same. He’s not entirely to blame but I stopped believing his * a long time ago

True, but their his players at the end of the day and he’s a part of the problem too.

littlekennie likes this.
  5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    There's a bit of a myth being built up about Smith's Hun team or indeed the Huns in general during their tainted 9IAR.

For instance they went five seasons without a win v us (at our lowest ebb) at their * hole of a stadium and they only won one domestic treble during that entire period.

Our team right now would comfortably beat any of the Klan's 9IAR teams.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

We aren't giving him 45k a week to live off of one season. No matter how special.

Last season the signs were there. This season it's even more evident.

Needs to seriously up it. Everyone involved does because right now We are nowhere near good or consistent enough considering the advantage we have had over others in our league in recent years. We should have used the time a lot more effectively. Instead we have gone backwards.

Not all his fault of course. But he isn't blameless.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Seriously?

Now I didn't live all the way through that, but just looking at their squads back then...they would run all over us.

Our team of 2012 would run all over us.

9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    "Negative football gets Negative results" dont care what hes won for us. A manager with an attitude that ignorant to the reality of the game is taking us nowhere in Europe

rkid and Mr Shelby like this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep. * ridiculous thing to say.

We beat the best team in the world in 2012 using negative tactics. Atletico Madrid are one of the best teams around, and they use negative tactics against top teams.

11. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Nah, not having that.

They often struggled to beat our worst ever teams, and went 5 years without a victory against us at their own midden of filth.

Imagine for the past two years, we failed to beat Sevco at Parkhead, and when we did win at Ibrox, we only did so by sitting back, getting outplayed and nicking goals against the run of play. Winning 1-0 or 2-1. That's what they did in the 90s.

The Hun side of the 90s was not special at all, not by a long shot. The Advocate teams were better, and even then, MON came in and brushed them aside.

They've been a very average club(s) for the past 50 years.

Won more titles than them in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 00s and the 10s. The 90s was an outlier of recent modern history. And even then ,they weren't very good.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

The next couple of months will be huge for Celtic. If Rodgers is to stay on, he needs to be backed in the market and the squad needs a bit of freshening up over the next two windows.
    A frustrated/unhappy manager has an enormous impact on the team, as can be seen from around half way through last season until now.

Xatraps, Rydo1888*, Paddy156 and 2 others like this.
  13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If the Board want to keep him until he’s won 10IAR, which they should because he wants to be here, they must give him the appropriate tools to achieve his aims.

We’re * away from in Europe and we’ve always been * away from home on Europe, nothing has changed in that respect. That doesn’t detract from what is an elite manager and one we should be proud of having.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: “I wanted the players to play positive football and I thought we tried to do that. The players who haven’t played a lot gave everything tonight.”

BR: “We had a little spell where we conceded the goals and had two big chances at this level you want to take. It gives us great encouragement for the home game and we know we can have a great opportunity to have a positive result.”

BR: “My only criticism to the players afterwards was that this is the level where just a fraction quicker you have to do things with the ball. You’ve got to look after the ball better.“

BR: “Too many times we gave the ball away under no pressure. This is something that’s important for the players to learn. A lot of positives but we didn’t get the result.”

BR on
    @SimunovicJozo
    : “Looks like he’s struggling for the weekend. He’s had immediate swelling on that. We’ll see how he is but could be struggling.”

BR: “Some of our best performances have come after a loss in Europe so we’ll recover over the next couple of days and we’ll be ready for the semi-final on Sunday.”

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He says he last point after every game in Europe near enough.

Clearly isn't sinking in.

16. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    He does not know how to set a team up to defend. So he has to hide it behind stupid statements like that. He does though know exactly how to have us reigning supreme in scotland. Thats enough for some fans for his european shortcomings not to matter. The reaction to his weakened team selection tonight showed it.

17. Grace

No, I hear you. We haven't been good enough, last two league games being the exception. We have regressed, undeniably. But all things considered I think we're still light years ahead where we would be without him.

Imagine the same lack of investment AND a sub standard manager.

I'm not ready to kiss goodbye to Europe yet and I think, despite the less than sparkling start, we'll be back in business domestically.

18. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    European record at Celtic, not including qualifiers

Played 17
    Won 3
    Drawn 3
    Lost 11
    Goals For 13
    Goals Against 42
    Goal Difference -29

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He is part to blame, he has not strengthened the defence since he has been here and continues to use * tactics in Europe.

When he has done well he should be praised and rightly so but when he gets it wrong he should be criticised

20. aliceinsound

Suppose it depends on how you want to spin it, in 50 years theyve won about 20 titles 5 trebles, cup winners cup. Their team of the 90s wasnt a patch on our 9 in a row side, but laudrup, gascoigne and goram were all top players for them and they would hump this current team with those players on the park

Our teams in the 90s were much better than the rangers sides of the last 2 years, we actually achieved some respectable european results in that era