1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Hibernian (Saturday - 20/10/18 - 15:00 GMT)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Celtic v Hibernian (Saturday - 20/10/18 - 15:00 GMT) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

The Mrs * blocked you then?:celtman2:

2. Onefootwonder

Some of the play today was as good as we have seen for a long time.

The players must surely enjoy playing football like that and the fans reciprocating?

Not sure what has changed in the last couple of games, but thank *.

PEI#1 likes this.
  3. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Probley helped with not having to face 2 rows of 5 men . Lots of gaps to play football.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. jamesfr

Exactly that's how football should be played

5. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    But sadly sometimes at home that’s what you see. As someone once said, parking the bus.....

6. Grace

If we had played this game a few weeks ago I'd have been nervous aa * when they pulled back twice but today I was 100% confident we were winning.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Did we not hit the post/bar a couple of times against St Johnstone as well, 10 goals scored and woodwork skelped 5+ times in 2 games not bad :celt_2::ynwacelti

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Naw it was her that pointed it out she was shouting somecunt get that lassie a bra! She then turned to me and said why they going on about us being Huns if it wasn't for his is she goes to mass and kneels to pray she is going to kneel on her nipples!

bagforlife likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye but it's a divided dressing room and a crisis. We have looked good but it does help when the opposition actually want to play football and not have 20 players in 40 yards of space

JC Anton likes this.
  10. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fantastic performance today. Really good to see how we picked up from a fortnight ago at St Johnstone. We were unstoppable at times especially first half and Ntcham and Rogic were unplayable in the first half as well.

Hibs' style and how open they were allowed that in the first half though. I don't think we'll have the same room and freedom in the cup semi final next week as we did today.

Really wish we weren't so wasteful with our chances as well. Should have been about 4-0 at half time and easily should have scored 6 again today.

All things considered though, a very pleasing and entertaining performance.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Surprised i didn't give my after-match comments yet.
    • I feel like the scoreline is very flattering to hibs and makes it seem like it was a close game, where-as it was a more dominant game than the st johnstone one.
    • Edouard and Rogic finally hitting form and Mcgregor out of his rough patch too was a huge bonus.
    • Lustig, as usual, was the weak link in the second half, but to be fair to the guy he done good in the first.
    • Next league game is away to dundee, who look utter rank and easily are the worst side in the league atm, so i think we may finally win 4 games in a row.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

Quality performance today - definitely got our money’s worth! Game should have been more comfortable given the chances we missed and how many times the woodwork saved them!

Middle to front we are looking great with Rogic back in the team and Forrest on fire!

I thought everyone had a good game but my standouts were Rogic, McGregor, Forrest and Benkovic! Didn’t think Eddy was at his best but still scored 2 and could have had a hat trick so that’s the sign of a great striker!

Interesting formation change in the second half, Rodgers moved Sinclair over to the right when we went to 3 at the back. First time he’s played on that side since we signed him.

On to mid week then the semi! Don’t expect anything on Thursday but want to smash the diet hun * on Sunday!

Fully87 and joemc like this.
  13. strike twice

Just going by what I heard on BBC Radio Scotland ( all be it the negative , anti Celtic , staccato delivery from the hopeless Rob Mac Lean . Who just can't hide his displeasure when Celtic score etc . ) it seems that we have clicked back into decent form . Especially Tom Rogic . Onwards and upwards for the Hoops !

14. Cmcgregor90

Always knew we had to get a third goal before half time as many a time seen Lennons hibs come back into it against us a 2 goal lead isnt good enough when you know second would be different from them in the end it didn't matter mind you.

15. Cmcgregor90

Lustig had a great game today

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

so true

anti football is rife in scottish football i know of no other country or league that when they feel outmatched they decide to chuck it and bury their heads in the sand like scotland seems to do and then * moan about not getting a decent price for the tv deals and moan about having * footballers

we are the top dogs in scotland we are gonna win 9 times out of 10 the other teams positions in the league arent determined by their results against us but against the other * teams

now im not saying they should roll over but its entertainment and 11 men behind the ball isnt going to get foreign armchair football fans watching scottish football and isn't going to develop footballers either

it just goes to show that 2 celtic men know whats what regarding football hibs come to glasgow to test themselves against teh best but dont * it and play everyman behind the ball celtic recipricate and we have a fantastic game of football, game of the season and 6 goals and everyone is getting something, even the tv companies

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hun * pumped..

18. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I thought that was a wind up when I saw it at the top of the screen. They must have boarded someones ship second half.

19. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Thought that was a great game to watch.....the opposition came to play and we turned it on with a few really solid performances throughout the side.
    Very proud of the displays by some players that have caused me a bit of strife lately......don't want to mention who in case I put the jinx on them!
    Good open game with a wee bit of everything thrown in for good measure.... such as an absolute * of a ref.....but at the end of the day it was proper game a fitba and we looked sublime going forward at times today.
    Team should be very happy with that show: Hail, Hail.

20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Another great performance. Long may it continue. Much more like it the last couple of games :50: