1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The importance of the League Cup this season.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jun 25, 2018.

Discuss The importance of the League Cup this season. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Who cares where the game is.

As long as we beat them.

Couldn’t give a * if the game was in the park.

scott_learjet likes this.
  2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Seems weird, Aberdeen and rangers shoulda went there and us and Hearts to murrayfield, and forgot about hearts playing there.

3. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I agree, the result is all that matters, but why not put the Huns at hampden. Usual from the Sfa.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The huns are playing at hampden.:56:

5. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Meant Murrayfield, you know what i meant. :giggle1:

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:84:

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  7. strike twice

On the debate about a LC semi final venue , one problem that not many folk have mentioned , was the one pitch getting played on ( potentially ruined in foul weather , extra time etc ) twice within a few hours . Complete madness IMHO . Keep semi finals apart by a week , or at least a few days , if they are to be played at Hampden . And the dates should be known prior to the draw being made . It's fair and transparent , and means the playing surface is in good nick . But the clowns that run Scottish football are incapable of the basics . I also think there was a fear factor , regarding Sevco's rent a mob playing the sheep at Murrayfield .

8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I don't think it is bigger but when Hearts were using it they narrowed it when playing us. They won't be allowed to do that this time.

9. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The importance of being idle

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This. We will get a bigger allocation than we would have had at hampden as well.

Hmm maybe the supporters who will need to travel to it.

Artorias and scott_learjet like this.
  11. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Dump? Whit?

You're from Cumbernauld ffs :43::56:

Pablo87 and littlekennie like this.
  12. saltire78

We're being sent to Murrayfield because the rugby crowd looked at the 2 options, and thought "2 sets of unknowns, or a crowd who played here recently and an award winning set of travelling fans", especially given sevco tendency to trash a place if they lose...

13. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

No offence mate, but i’d much rather live in Cumbernauld than listen to that accent all day. :fear:

14. apevrak

Will there be played any rugby matches at Murrayfield in the mean time? If not I think this is good news, as the pitch probably will suit us better than the Hampden pitch.

15. Hurler32

Before all this betfred cup semi final drama , I had booked for myself and my 12 year old son to come over from Ireland to fixture v Motherwell I thought was on that weekend . We had booked flight early Saturday morning into Glasgow and departing Sunday evening at 820PM .
    Then the whole betfred semi final story came on my radar and When the original fixture was late Sunday evening in Hampden I was figuring no point going over as we’d not make flight home but now with change in fixture ...
    Two questions , firstly thinking we could now get a train from Glasgow to Edinburgh Sunday morning but would we get one back in time to get to airport for 7 ? And secondly how difficult will tickets be to get for game in murrayfield as non season ticket holders ? ... in 2 minds wheather we should go over or not but don’t want to disappoint young lad if I can make it work...

16. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

We're playing at a better stadium, with a better view, more fans and a better kick off time. Why all the moaning, we need to travel to Edinburgh not Asia.

DJ CJ, scott_learjet and Valhalla like this.
  17. joemc

Think this has been more down to police although spfl would have been more than happy to go along with it ,it also came down to 2 things celtic or rangers regardless of hearts gaining a big advantage ,they had to move 1 so between celtic or rangers which one is gonna give us less problem , and its a fear of their fans and club making a big noise about being moved ,their * the sfa chants last wknd coming at the perfect time to confirm their sense of being wronged along with their bitterness towards every club .
    Its easier just to move us because we are a softer touch, and have watched deccissions go their way , watched them hound anyone in power with links to celtic until they leave their jobs ,listened as they seem to have the media machine in their pockets and use it at every turn possible .

18. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Should be able to get to the airport easily even if it goes to ET/Pens. If you don't want to risk it and the prices are ok you could change the flight back to Edinburgh airport which is like 15 minutes drive from Murrayfield

19. joemc

We are playing at their recent home ground ,we are also playing first which (touch wood it doesnt happen) if we go out it gives them all the motivation to get to the final .

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Edinburgh play Toulon in the Heineken Cup the week before

apevrak likes this.