1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[PS4] God of War 4

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by The Thumb, Jun 18, 2016.

Discuss God of War 4 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bunk Moreland

Xbox: The Official Magazine must have scored it - 2/10 :55: :56:

Now I'm no mathematician but the above doesn't add up to an average of 94 :84:

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Absolutely loving this at the moment. Great break I needed from the stress of FIFA and Fortnite. That fight with the Stranger at the beginning is a ridiculous bit of action, best I’ve seen in a game.

Liam Scales and Artorias like this.
  3. Moustache

Finished and platinumed this last Sunday, and it was fantastic from beginning to end. As much faith as I had in the game prior to release, it still exceeded my expectations.

One thing worth mentioning for anyone who’s finished the game, as apparently some people missed this:

Go home

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yeah I only found out about that after listening to a podcast about the game after completing it. It's brilliant.

Having finished the story and all of the side quests for the spirits, I can't see me going back to the game. The challenges in Muspelheim and the Niflheim armour stuff...too much grind for it to be worth it. The story was great, just a bit too long.

Liam Scales and Jamesy Bhoy 7 like this.
  5. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I’m near finished it but want to finish off some of the challenges first ie Valkyries and muesplheim before I complete the story, even though I’m already over powered for the story atm. Agree with the above though it’s one the best games I’ve played, just about beats the Witcher for me because as good as the witcher 3 was sometimes it felt like a chore to play whereas I’m not getting that feeling with this probably because the combat is so * satisfying.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Moustache

Yeah, Muspelheim was alright (although the no hit challenges are * awful), but I hated Niflheim at first. It definitely does get a lot quicker once you get the base armour set though (most runs are usually 10,000+ after that).

In saying that, unless you’re planning on doing the Valkyrie questline (which does have some interesting story payoff), which the armour definitely helps with, I probably wouldn’t recommend anyone waste to much time on Niflheim.

Artorias likes this.
  7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Unreal game, can’t handle a wait for a sequel. The story telling is fantastic, there’s many ways they could go next.

8. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Been playing a good few hours now. Loving it so far, story and characters are great. Love the humour between father and son. Kratos moves are total killer.

Am at the bit where av just cut a Scottish guys head off. Gonna do some favours and exploring for the next few hours before a move on . So much to explore.

Missed a fair few chests at earlier bits so will prob go back as well get all artefacts and maps etc.

One thing a have noticed is a don’t find the combat that hard ... so far. Thought it was gonna be a lot harder after reading reviews.

9. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Really is great. Gutted I’m away all bank holiday weekend and won’t get to play it

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Is this like The Witcher?

I was gonna get it anyway, but was gonna opt for Farcry 5, having just come off Shadow of War, so a bit of gun war.

Just a bit wary of this, love storylines, believe I can get a catchup with the story like The Witcher when I didn't have a clue about the previous games.

11. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Pretty different from the Witcher I would say. Easier than the Witcher I think...

Av never played a gow but had no issues with the storyline, there’s a catch up on YouTube that tells you everything you need to know in about 10 mind. Probably handy as you can’t skip cut scenes.

Just completed the main game the other day. Beat 3 valkyries so far but the fourth one eir beats me with those wing attacks every time. Want to get the Armor from Niflheim but all the enemies are level 7 and 8 and don’t have W ought time before timer thing runs out. At level 6 the now and really want Niflheim armour, think a need to increase vitality.

Any advice would help from anyone who’s completed the post game stuff. Not even gonna try the other valkyries without level 7 armour

dbhoy72 likes this.
  12. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Just defeated the last Valkyrie so have nothing left to do, feel a bit sad. Wish I could erase it from my mind and do it all again. Easily top 3 games I’ve played on PS4. Only need 3 trophies for the platinum but it’s just ravens and artefacts and can’t be arsed with that. Might try it again on second highest difficulty.

Not ashamed to say I changed difficulty to easy for Sigrun. Post game stuff with Niflheim and the mist echoes to get all the gear to beat the valkyries was arguably better than the actual game. Bring on the next one.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Got this yesterday, seems not too bad.

Obviously not open world, so not got that freedom of Witcher, but decent all the same.

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's been really good, but firstly not even on the board alongside The Witcher, and I actually think the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn, Tomb Raider and Uncharted were superior too, although granted still got a way to go in GOW so things may change.

Artorias likes this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Completed this last night think there's a little secondary ending at "home", so I'll do that too. Might try out some of the extra stuff but not sure about the other realms, the mist and fire realms are pretty tough going so might just give them a miss, think that'll mean the Valkyrie missions are out too as they're tied in.

Still not change my mind on the game. It was good, but not as good as I thought it'd be.

16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Game was excellent. Valkerie fights were great. I thought the Niflheim realm was absolute * though. Such a boring and monotonous grind, they even managed to make it look boring too with the same enemies over and over with very drab colours (the mist everywhere means everywhere has browny green colour) Everything else was great though. Not close to Witcher imo though.

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Thought i'd bump this thread to say * of war 3 is free on psn plus this month, and it's an excellent game.

I'm also planning on getting this soon too. I was going to buy and download it off of psn but i can only find the one edition that costs £52 quid, so i'd rather look for cheaper. Can't wait to play it either way (even if i'm late :57:)

18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Completed this last night. Outstanding game.

19. Darnok

It is about £23 on the Indonesian PSN store, and it is easy to set up an account and download it from there. If you are interested, there is a guide on how to buy from foreign stores in the description of this deal: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sh...3503-for-ps4-from-psn-store-indonesia-3047909