1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Boyata be redeemed? Poll

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Aug 27, 2018.

Discuss Can Boyata be redeemed? Poll in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

We know where his priorities lie now....away from celtic,sooner he is gone the better for all concerned.....im done with him no matter what happens.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    * him.

Absolute cringeworthy how people were clapping 5 yard passes he was making.

And as for the players near wanking him off when he scored, could you imagine MONs team doing that? He would be chased out

I would rather re-sign Kenny Miller than play this * ever again.

If this happened with Sevco it would be labelled as part of the ''banter years''. This whole situation has made us a laughing stock and we have made it worse by welcoming him back.

He is and always will remain dead to me

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He is our best defender by a mile and he does make a big difference to our defence; but the CL qualifiers are over and we don't need him to win the league or beat this mob and get to the EL. Get him sold and replaced for the EL groups.

"I'll support them if they are wearing the shirt" is for guys like Efe Ambrose: not good enough for Celtic but a good person who tried his absolute damnedest. It's for guys like Lustig: great servants who gave us so much and now, sadly, seem to be past it. It's even for guys like Virgil Van Dijk, who openly agitated for a move to the EPL in the media, but always did his job professionally on the park.

It's not for guys like this. I would rate what he's done as less than Judas but worse than Guidetti.

In my darker moments, I hope his next manager is a pre-Bosman Jim McLean; but in fact I can sympathise with him. What clubs like Man City do to young talent is disgusting. He is a talented player, but his problem has always been that his experience is well behind his actual (i.e. chronological) age. When he started with us, he looked a bombscare because he had the game experience of a 19 year-old kid and it showed. Now he looks more competent but not the greatest, because he is a 27-year old with the experience of a young defender of 22 or 23. I totally understand and can sympathise with the fact that, at 27, he was probably panicking that he might miss the boat on his only chance to reach the EPL. I can sympathise with the media comments about broken promises and the general making it clear he wants to move.

I can't sympathise with feigning injury to avoid playing our biggest game of the season. The harm this has caused us is really palpable. How Brendan and Lawwell handle this may be the difference between a blip and being set back years.

I can forgive him; but I don't want him to stay and I'll never wish him particularly well. We were the club that finally gave him his shot and to not play that game shows utter contempt. Needs to go.

Folk who say they love Celtic more than they hate Boyata need to realise that you don't love yourself if you don't respect yourself. Letting someone treat you with contempt because you are scared you can't get anyone as good shows a massive lack of self respect (for Celtic just as much as as in our love lives).

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

If your bird was putting herself out there trying to get with other guys and her mate was talking * about you to everyone, would you take her back no matter how good a * she is?

Naw. He has to go.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Hate what he did but it was obvious on Sunday he's easily our best CH, until replaced (with 4 days of window left it's looking like Christmas before we replace him) play him

6. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  8. shieldsybhoy

Picked the bottom two - would like him to sign a new deal because he is a good player. Won't happen though.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

Class.

Could certainly see a few in our support crowd-funding for that.

Jax Teller likes this.
  10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    probably not but unfortunately we need him till someone else comes in then can GTF !!

11. Gourlay1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tam Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * him. His petulance cost MY club £40million quid. He can act the victim pish all he and his agent wants. He, as a * professional football player, earning thousands of pounds downed tools when his team needed him, his manager needed him. The same team and manager who had faith and belief in him. The team who signed him from obscurity at Man City and propelled him into a world cup team. * him, * his stupid haircut. Get him out

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'm annoyed with him but he played at the weekend and kept our first clean sheet in ages and scored the winner. It doesn't matter that it was Hamilton, we needed that more than a 3-1 victory as the defence and the keeper needed some confidence.
    If we don't buy a new defender who is 23 plus with over 100 games then we have to keep him. Ajer is good but he needs the experience beside him as he is the ball playing defender. I have also given Hendry more chances than many but at the moment he should be cup against lower teams or injuries only.
    If we keep a clean sheet on Thursday we go through to the Europa league, and while not the Champions League it still shows we are still there.

A player is also redeemable, all I ask is that he wears the shirt and puts effort in. If his priorities lie elsewhere then so be it. To be honest I imagine many of our players want to go to bigger clubs eventually. Boyata saw his only chance due to his age and a World Cup just happening.

13. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Impossible to calculate if he actually cost us champions league football. His actions no doubt played some part.
    He is currently our best defender. I can understand a decision by management to play him.
    My thinking on the player reaction to the goal is that it was a deliberate attempt to show squad unity, not a * you to Brendan. I couldn't believe the way they celebrated with him though. I felt it was a bit of a slap in the face for supporters.
    I'm fed up with this miserable situation.
    People at our club are letting us down enormously right now.
    Sell for best price offered. Get 2 * centre halfs in, how have we not got this done yet? The scouting department needs a kick up the *. Let's get this affair behind us and move on.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  14. sidepocket

I’ll forgive the * if he signs a new deal and leaves on the next window to give us max £

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    How can you prove he cost us, he could have had a brain fart and done worse, we have seen it before. The system played using him may have played into the hands of AEK. Nobody truly knows.

The celebration was squad unity and important. I am not sure it is a slap in the face for the fans though, it was more assuring the fans that the team they support is still a team. It is also saying to clubs you can't have him for 50% off.

16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Vary difficult to vote without all the facts.

Boyata's agent claimed promises we're broken. Let's take him at his word for a moment..

Is downing tools & possibly feigning injury the best way to sort it? Of course not.

He could have had a clause written into the new contract the club wants him to sign and that way everybody gets what they want.

IF we had any sort of worthwhile defense this topic would not even be getting discussed. Agents are killing the game, parasites.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Reports suggesting Boyata held a door open at Lennoxtown for the tea lady this morning.

I broke into spontaneous rapturous applause upon hearing this :57:

jocksteinupper and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I didn't have you down as someone so easily pleased.

19. Ritchiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish/Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    At the end of the day he's a footballer in the employ of Celtic ,he's not a fan like us or some of our players, hes simply a mercenary like MOST footballers,he had a dispute with his employer ,none of us really know what the truth is we only get soundbites .As I've said before if as an employee you were offered a job that was going to pay you 2,3,4 times your current wage and your current employer blocked it would you be happy?

20. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

I’d keep him. Disappointed in him but it’s not the end of the world. We’re better with him in the team