1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he on form would have made a massive difference to the team that played athens and i think we would have been too strong for them, christ without him we lost by an odd goal, with him we surely would have been more secure at the back and the rest of the team playing without fear, it was like we were playing with a defender with one leg

Damnati likes this.
  2. JC88

Before the World Cup, Boyata was correctly regarded as being a bombscare. He'd have been more effective than Jack Hendry in the AEK game, but the defence would still have been all over the place. He is far too erratic to solidify a defence.

freitassen likes this.
  3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Total cucks.

Happy clapping weasels.

4. Damnati

Seemed to work yesterday mate.

5. JC88

Against Hamilton.

Lets not forget, this is the guy who begged to be substituted 25 minutes in against Warburton's Sevco.

freitassen likes this.
  6. Damnati

I'm not going to pretend that Hamilton are as good as AEK but our overall control of the game was similar. We just let in absolutely criminal goals against AEK.

So what is your point? He wouldn't have made a difference and we would have went out of the champions league anyway? So we should all go easy on him and what he did was fine? Sorry, I'm losing the train of thought here.

7. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Sell him to suduva so he can score the winner against us and put us out.

8. ddub11

Regardless of what the manager or captain are doing(in public)the guy should never wear the jersey again.

He showed the fans (the people who matter more)how he feels about the club and he doesnt give a *.

With a bit of luck he will be gone soon and we can move on without him just looking at him wearing the jersey gets the blood boiling.

charlietully likes this.
  9. JC88

It appears that many think our defence is now at least competent, with Boyata back playing. That is not the case - Boyata is as susceptible to a calamitous mistake as anyone currently in our defence.

Even if he was behaving, we'd need an upgrade on him.

10. Damnati

I agree that an upgrade would be nice, but from my point of view it's quite difficult to deny that he's our best defender at this moment in time.

Ajer is still learning, Hendry hasn't shown enough, Jozo has completely lost it and Marvin doesn't exist.

I don't count our defence as competent now because he's as good as gone in my eyes but I think if he had played against AEK we would have had a much better chance.

Xatraps and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he has flaws but is much better than jack hendry and simunovic and more experienced than ajer

he has pace, is good in the air, can read the game defensively and can defend fairly well he also is a goal threat at set pieces

he has mistakes in him akin to ambrose but that doesnt nullify the strengths that he has and could have given us in the game against athens

he really * us there and i want him gone but we are where we are, lawell should have sold him for the £9m what was he thinking ? could have got 2 fairly decent defenders in for that £9m and if he doesnt go this week we will likely lose him for nothing, great piece of business lawell you fat *

12. JC88

Lawwell would have sold Dembele for £9m, if it was the only offer on the table. I think that bid has been exaggerated, or was littered with clauses that were unlikely to ever materialise.

13. Damnati

I agree with everything else you said except this bit. As you said, Boyata is currently our best defender and you wanted him sold on the eve of a champions league qualifier with no time to get anyone else in? Lawwell would've been hung. In hindsight, we would have been better off but he couldn't account for the actions of Boyata and his agent.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    apparently he wants to play :)
    he just disnae want to sign :(

15. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Fixed. :50:

16. Ak1

The biggest issue for me is that Boyata has become a divisive issue, which will probably continue to fester until he leaves our club.

How it's quite come to this is, is anyone's guess. And the speculation on this message board has been absolutely relentless.

However this has gone on far to long, and needs a speedy resolution.

Imagine the * if this clown * up agains them on Saturday.

17. Belgian_lad

It hurt me to see him on the pitch. He should have never stepped on it or wore our jersey again. I would have booed him off the pitch if i was in the ground.

But i was at home watching the game calmly and saw we need him at this exact moment, or his quality. Our defensive play was more confident, settled and the opponents werent as dangerous as before. So what options do we have? If he stays and is an important part in another treble a European run till after the winter, noone will remember anymore. Thats how quickly it goes. As much as I hate his antics, right this moment i dont see another option as to stick it out with him. The results are what counts. We have already lost out on Champ lg because of him. Do we stay stuborn and lose out on other succes because of that caryon? I say no... just get on with it. Let the games roll on and grind out the results, find the form again and walk around with smiles. At the end of the day if we would have had a board that were backing the manager, this would have never been such a big deal as a replacement would have been available.

One thing though, i might be wrong or my memory is playing tricks on me. Before did he not play the left side in a three defense setup? Same as he did in a two defense setup? It seems that the more central role in a three cb setup suits him. As he played there on the world cup too. Just thought he never did before for us? His howlers at ibrox thought they were when he played left?

18. Jeremie Frimpong

@JC88 You are overusing ‘Sevco’. Celtic supporters rarely use that term.

(This is just some friendly advice. I want your act to be as credible as possible.)

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah i understand where your coming from

but it wasnt a secret to our board how long the guy had on his contract and therefore this was the last time we could command a decent fee for him, we are supposed to be professionally run but we allowed this car crash to happen because we allowed the guys contract to run down leaving us exposed to this nonsense

you cant do nudge and a wink shake hands and trust on a whim * with a player when there is so much at stake

he just pulled our pants down in public and embarrassed lawell rodgers and the club and they allowed it left thereselves open to it

why not cover your * get a solid fit defender in and cover the clubs * instead of allowing the player to get into a position of holding the club to ransom,

we really want to leave it to chance wether a player an asset is going to re-sign a new deal for us in the last year of his contract, when he can do a deal on the fly with some club saving them millions in transfer fees and he gets a nice big bonus for signing a pre contract and getting to leave for nothing or much reduced fee in 6months

this was amateurish and boyata treated us like he was a women scorned

i get what your saying we didint know he was gonna act all but hurt and not play for is against aek, my point is we should have known

someone dropped the ball and we should have got a replacement in to make us secure because we knew we had to sell him because his contract was in the final year

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  20. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Hoping that I dont get a kicking for this one.....but......

It would appear that Boyata has behaved like a spolit little child, who has let his colleagues, manager and fans down. I was calling for him to be lynched like many....but circumstances are that we need a "half decent" defender.
    If Brendan and Scott Brown can sit back, take a minute and decide that "talking it through" is the way froward be that for a week a month or a year, then that is the way it is......
    I really cant imagine Rogers and Broonie getting mugged off....
    If they are prepared to get on with it.....then on this occassion so am I.....(well for the time bein anyway)

ChrisMoh likes this.