1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Little bit different. We had back up brakes (rusty ones called Hendry). They should have saved the people but didn’t (we lost).

Getting silly now but guess it makes sense.

2. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Is Gordon the handbrake in this analogy ? Cos he’s * tae. Big streak of pish

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Brakes? Where we’re going we don’t need brakes

Xatraps, Mr Shelby, Zanderama and 3 others like this.
  4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Hypothetically, say his agent told him to claim he was unfit and orchestrated all this pish to get him a move, and after a heart to heart with the manager and the captain, dedicated himself to the team, sacked his agent, and signed a new deal with the club, would you welcome him back?

No saying any of this is true or I sympathise with him, but is there any way the fans could get back on his side after all this?

Edit: It’s going to be really hard to replace him. I’m not buying this “he’s pish” chat. He’s just hitting his prime as a centre back coming off a World Cup campaign and he’s been on an upwards trajectory the past few years.

Even if another centre back comes in, the best case scenario is Boyata staying unless the scouts magically find an absolute diamond of a replacement.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He would also need to score 2 against the huns and break lafferty's legs before i forgive him.

6. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Laffertys legs would do me if he done Naismith as a bonus

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Agent sacked and 4 year deal on the Saturday, rattles in a diving header through McGregors face and throws Laffertly into the green brigade on the Sunday

MagnificentSeven and HTG like this.
  8. mickey95

If he does that and publicly apologises then yes, but pretending like nothing happened is just being condescending towards to the fans

Xatraps and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Craig Gordon is when you try to flick your indicator off but your big flappy hawn turns on the opposite indicator instead, then you try to turn that off and end up flapping a goal into your own net.

Free the Adblock and Spring Time like this.
  10. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

His agent has really made a massive * up of the entire situation and if I were to take a wild guess I'd place the bulk of the blame at his feet. Too much influence over the game these days.

11. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    For me it's done mistakes made on both sides by the looks, move past it if he stays fine, if not fine also, no-one is beyond redemption, and even if he played in AEK no guarantees we would win, for that defeat we should firmly blame the board for lack of investment, * knows what the have promised and broken behind the scenes.

12. Samurai Bhoy

The banner was totally justifiable, he showed a lack of loyalty to the team when they needed him most and that cannot forgotten. (Whether his agent was the main instigator or not, he has a lot to answer for)
    As fans we demand at least as much dedication from the players as we show to the club.

Personally, I’d like to see him punted, but if he decides to sign a new contract, and the manager and players back him (which they seemingly do judging by the big love in after the goal), then I will give him my support whenever he pulls on a Celtic jersey.
    He needs to learn that pulling on a Celtic jersey is a privilege and any less than 100% dedication to the badge is unacceptable.
    This whole saga should send a message to any player at the club that the crest at the front of the shirt will always be bigger than the name on the back, show the fans 100% and you’ll get 100% back!

13. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I'm of a similar stance, he's not forgiven, but I'll support him while he's wearing the shirt.

I wont be booing and I wont be clapping. The fiasco will not be forgotten and if another good offer comes in he should be punted and replaced.

He's clearly far better than Hendry/Jozo/Lustig, and as much as a sell out it might feel, we desperately need him, as much now as we did in Athens. It wont of been easy for Rodgers to swallow his pride, he's all about commitment and application usually, but bringing Boyata back in was a no-brainer in football terms. Simply had to be done.

Boyata should call it a day with his agent, leak it to the press and move forward from there. I potentially see a new contract with a minimum release clause. It's the least he could do, this situation wont be allowed to happen with him again, he would be sold next summer if he wanted it. The timing this season was just all wrong.

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I agree probably his agent was mixing it up and feeding him stuff, and instead of speaking to BR he decided to trust his agent which was his mistake, soon realizing he made a grave error, you could see it on his face he was hurting yesterday as he see's no way back, probably a small thing was made massive by his agent, we all make mistakes, and the reaction from the players was enough for me to see maybe there was more too it, it wont be forgotten but if he stays he should not be harassed and hounded for that mistake.

Seems to me is being made a scapegoat by the powers that be, probably Lawell that leaked that he was fit to Rodgers lol

15. Nicole

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    In my opinion, aye as like ive said , regardless of who scores ill cheer because i love Celtic more than I hate boyata or anyone else i dont think i could actually stop myself celebrating a Celtic goal.
    If he scored next weekend i wonder if yous would all stand still shouting abuse and not celebrating the goal.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyndig likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I wanted him gone before any of this kicked off so my stance has only really been reaffirmed.

Go please.

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Boyata. According to ritchie anyhoo.

18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Now that would have to be some tackle.:giggle1:

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  19. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Agree with you but i think its time to move on . If Brendan is going to be picking this rat theres nothing else to do but to move on (if it was down to me he would never play for us again ) but to keep booing him in every game would just affect the team and they way we are playing at the moment is the last thing we need .

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has praised Dedryck Boyata for doing his talking on the pitch, after he received a mixed reaction from supporters upon his return to the side yesterday.

The defender came back into the fold and scored the only goal of the game against Hamilton at CelticPark, but he was greeted by a huge banner which read ‘Dedryck Boyata – not fit to wear the jersey’ as he emerged from the tunnel as fans made their feelings clear about his refusal to play in the European qualifiers over the last few weeks.

Rodgers refused to criticise those who protested his inclusion, and instead praised those who supported the player as well as Boyata himself for having the strength of character to deal with the criticism from the stands.

And he said he had no doubts that the Belgian would show his commitment to the Celtic jersey through his performance.

“Obviously I’d have preferred a different reaction but I’m not going to criticise the supporters,” Rodgers said.

“I’ll give credit to Dedryck and how he coped with it and I think you saw the reaction from three quarters of the ground.

“When you try and redeem yourself sometimes it takes a bit of time. Naturally supporters - and the passionate supporters - look for that commitment in a player.

It’s an emotional game, football. It wouldn’t have been easy for him and it certainly wouldn’t have helped us.

“But the supporters live for the club and they made their feelings known. Then we just had to show we were together a team.

“If we’re together as team then what we’ve shown in the last couple of years we’re very much together with the supporters.

“I think he did all his talking on the pitch. I thought he was top class.

Everything he had to do he did with a real quality and of course he got the winning goal.”

Rodgers said that he is planning for Boyata to remain at the club beyond the end of the transfer window, but regardless of whether he leaves or not, he will still be looking to strengthen at centre-back.

“It’s a position we’ll definitely be looking at,” he said. “It’s a position where with the likes of Jack Hendry and Jozo Simunovic injured, it’s a position we’ll look at.”

CELTIC captain Scott Brown says that talks between himself, Brendan Rodgers and Dedryck Boyata this week at Lennoxtown helped to clear the air and pave the way for the Belgian defender’s return to the team.

The 27-year-old hadn’t featured for Celtic since his return from World Cup duty with his country, with his manager disputing his claims of being injured after the club had booted out a bid from Fulham to take him to the English Premier League.

But Brown says that is all in the past now as they face up to a crucial week, with the Europa League play-off second leg against FK Suduva to come on Thursday night before the champions take on Rangers at Celtic Park on Sunday.

What’s said at Celtic Park and Lennoxtown stays at Celtic Park and Lennoxtown,” said Brown. “But it cleared the air. Of course it did.

“We are just looking forward to Thursday now. we push on and we want to get into the Europa League.

“Then we’ve got a big game on Sunday before the international break. So, they are two big games for us and we need two victories to put a smile on everybody’s face.”

Brown claimed that he didn’t notice the banner unfurled by supporters prior to the match stating that Boyata wasn’t fit to wear the jersey, instead preferring to focus on the unity within the squad.

“I didn’t see it,” he said. “We are all together and that’s the main thing for us.

It’s been a hard week for him but it’s fantastic at the end of it. He’s scored the goal and got us the three points we deserved. I’m pleased for him - it shows his character.”

Hamilton captain Darian MacKinnon hoped to take advantage of the discontent from the stands as his side tried to frustrate Celtic and their supporters.

“It was a mad experience out there, with the banner and were fans booing and cheering Boyata,” said MacKinnon.

“Listen, nobody knows what was really going on. Boyata’s a professional player, you don’t know if he’s been injured. That’s down to Celtic’s business, obviously.

But, you saw today what a top player he is, and it was just unfortunate for us this was his first game back.