1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa league boycott

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by themouth1888, Aug 14, 2018.

Discuss Europa league boycott in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well seriously, ask for a refund, hand your ticket back then, don't go to the Europa League play off or group stages , or the league cup , Scottish Cup games....don't go to the hun games....and certainly don't turn up to see us lift the league trophy and * willing any other trophy we win.

You have an option, buy a season ticket and accept that we might not make the UCL and the big glamour ties or don't buy one and take your chances at getting tickets for the games you want to see.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

People obsessed about lights man.. :56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    Mate,we have just won a double treble. This isnt the 90's.

We also need to remember none of us run a football club its all good is saying aw we made 60 million spent it. You or I dont know the inner workings and if someone said to you a while back 2 out of 3 years youll qualify for cl, you would have taken that.

I'm not saying im not ragin about this window but its not closed yet. and UEFA have made cl football practically a closed shop minus what 6 extra teams??

Europa league isn't that bad, some good teams in there. Some winnable ties if we get through,possible European football past xmas if we play right.

This doomsday * isnt called for and we should be backing out manager by going to the games. He has earnt that much.

Thats not a * attitude to have when domestically we are at the top of our game Its a realistic one. We are not too good for the Europa league. I'm looking forward to it should we make it through.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A disgrace when this thread was started be better off without you..

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. Cupid Stunt

Exactly, we've moved on from the * 90s, it's about time every other * did as well. We wanna continue to improve but despite back to back CL qualification and selling out season tickets our squad has clearly gone * backwards. It's all relative. Stop the 90s pish patter ffs.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The minute you withdraw your financial support you forfeit your right for your concerns to be heard.

There will certainly be consequences for tonight's failure to qualify and the incompetence at various levels that have contributed to it. To me that's unquestionable. The strength of feeling is too great in the support for it to be palmed off on this occasion.

It's anyone's right to choose what to do with their cash and if they want to attend Celtic Park. Personally I will still be there, as I was with crowds of 10k after the Mowbray era or similar bad moments in our history. Why? Because I'm a Celtic supporter faithful through and through, as the song says.

It's easy to support us when winning invincible trebles and playing in the glamour Champions League games, the true test of a supporter is whether they are there through times of adversity.

Now is not the time to pull in all different directions and stage boycotts that hurt the club but it's certainly time for constructive criticism. Those in positions of power that have failed the club this summer should be held accountable.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  7. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Great Post!!!:notworthy

Seán Mac D likes this.
  8. Keano88

Both *.

Lithuanian and Latvian.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh great, a boycott threat.....I mean thread :87:

10. fourleafclover

wonder if they kept that banner for the top tier :55:

It will pan out the same as it usually does in these circumstances. The faithful will be there.

Questions need to be answered from the board tho - at what point did they actually think they were going invest in improving the 1st team. Surely the summer would of been the easiest option.

If we still failed to qualify then no questions could of been directed at the board. But now we are sitting in this crap position and still need investment - i don't get it

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I get why people don't wanna spend on it.... Been no investment so far but.... If we don't I think more players will be sold

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

12. LV426 Guest

you prevent change when you adopt such blindness to refuse to look reality in the eye. this is a PLC which has shareholders to satisfy and is not a family as they would have you believe. your loyalty is admirable but blind and badly thought out, i was the same in the 90's. When people stand back and look at what they get for the money they invest it is poor, £60 for a shirt (made of <£5) do the business look after the customer by not allowing them to be ripped off? oen example of multiple rip offs by all clubs. i have a ST but do treat this like an entertainment business and don't feel guilty about not attending when they are $hit or it is games against lesser opposition.

13. Cmcgregor90

And chelsea?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Sure on you go and boycott, in fact boycott every match for the rest of your life ya * *. The team needs support, the amount of spoilt * that attached onto our club after Rodgers first season is infuriating, see them all crawling out the woodwork just now to moan like weans.

The team * up, Brendan * up and the board * up, it happens since it’s football. This will be a good chance to have a proper run in the EL.

15. Cmcgregor90

Some people give the boycott malarkey because they dont want to see us play some mob from romania if it where the the same mob in ucl you would all be there * all to do with the spending its the competition you dont want stop embarrassing yourselves

You want to boycott hand in your season ticket if your not happy

Rydo1888* likes this.
  16. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
  17. Cmcgregor90

Even though it was a uefa requirement...

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's your prerogative but calling another Celtic fan as "blind and badly thought out" for putting their money into the club and supporting from the stands is hysterical nonsense.

I'm as * off as everyone else about our failure to build from a position of strength and am certainly in favour of the support being vocal in letting the custodians of the club know that.

Not buying merchandise or taking your seat isn't the only vehicle to instigate change. Call me naive if you like but I think our dealings this summer and tonight's result won't go without action being taken.

This summer has certainly brought to the fore the question of if the PLC and the club can coalesce without conflict. Without real genuine explanations given about our unwillingness to spend money this summer then people will rightly ask if too much precedence is being set on shareholder dividends.

19. Tulf

What's the deal wae boycotts on here?

20. Darnok

Spent more on them than the net spend on players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.