1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] UCL Qual R3: Celtic v AEK Athens Wednesday 8th August 7.45pm KO.....result 1-1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bobo_, Aug 2, 2018.

Discuss UCL Qual R3: Celtic v AEK Athens Wednesday 8th August 7.45pm KO.....result 1-1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If we knock it out the Greeks they same as lenny did it will help out national coefficient they are ahead of us right now and judging how hibs coped I don't think their league is any better than our own

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Grimm You belong to me!

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Thomson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Wisnae sure how it worked, I'd imagined they wouldnae want teams from wee countries spoiling their party. Cheers guys.

3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Just get to the next round so i can hear the CL music again.

Rydo1888* and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown

Here you are mate

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

BT? Working away and no * ever has Premier Sports.

6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    The great thing about the Planet Vuuuuuur is there are no Huns or England Fans,lucky *!!!!:56:

7. Caroline1989

finger oot celtic, need a new defender before this game.

8. solojames86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    What's the chances do you think of getting 2 or 3 tickets together at 5pm tommorow? Thinking about coming from skye

9. dmac

Unsure how good AEK are hoping they are on a par with Rosenberg, UEFA certainly not making it easy for us this season think they are still * at the Palestine flags

10. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Agreed, think that is the exact reason why we are playing more qualifiers, that's why I am bringing and Israel flag to our next game with a conservative properganda flag also.

The IRA and El Greco like this.
  11. El Greco

At the end of the day UEFA are globalists - that is why countries like Kazakhstan are considered 'European' and allowed in.
    So perhaps some 'Refugees Welcome' banners can make the difference? Failing that - an EU flag - or a 'no to racism' banner.

12. jamiebhoy67

With these ties i always ask myself in a champions league would we fancy our chances to take at least 4 or all points of this team and with aek if we had them in them.kn our group i would fancy 4 points against them no reason why we cnt get through this tie it if we dont it will be our own mistakes that would cost us but i fancy our chances the only downside is moussa bring missing AGAIN for the qualifiers hopefully griff is firing on all cylinders

13. Seosamh Máirtín

I am confident we can progress, even with Dembele missing. I wasn't sure if signing Edouard for such big money was the right move a few weeks ago, but looking at Griffiths not being ready and Dembele injured again, I've got to applaud our board for tying him down. He will be the difference here and help us into CL proper once again, especially with Rogic back. No bullshit from him like we see with Boyata. New deal signed, loves the club, has a wand of a foot and will be a big game player again for another season.

Bring it!

CabraCelt and callumrae1967 like this.
  14. aliceinsound

Think it's because they were apart of the soviet union, so they technically were apart of uefa for most of their history. Put aside any political implications why would uefa say no to them joining?

Don't listening to everything alex jones tells you.

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Uefa are trying to get more nations into the group stages of CL or Europa league particularly el for TV money

El Greco and aliceinsound like this.
  16. aliceinsound

Schrodinger's CL and EL, becoming both a closed shop and simultaneously trying to get more nations participating :giggle1:

freitassen and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I said particularly the el el isn't a closed shop a record number of teams compete in it from the start and 64 teams compete in the groups compares to the champions league

El Greco likes this.
  18. aliceinsound

kinda disagree based on recent changes, still 48 teams same as it's always been. More teams from big leagues skip qualifiers than ever. the only real benefit to smaller nations is the introduction of the champions route in europa league. however this was almost certainly heavily pushed for by Lawwell, in fact I wouldn't even be shocked if it was his idea. I don't think it is part of some globalist narrative, it's essentially a compromise for recent changes benefiting bigger leagues. runners up of leagues like ours and kazakhs are less likely than ever to participate in group stage of europa league

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Astana participated last year and year before

20. Sporting CP Bhoy

I have a close Greek friend, who is a die hard Olympiakos supporter, and we’ve been talking football together for years....his hatred of Panathinaikos and any team in green with shamrocks is legendary, lol.

So, I’ve been exposed to the Greek league and have watched many of their games. I can assure you, that the Greek league is no better than the SPL, especially if Sevco builds some momentum.

In Greece you’ve got Olympiakos as the current main power, with Panathinaikos as the other giant (although they’ve been in the dark ages the past several years), and then you’ve got AEK and Paok, but again, not any better than the SPL, which I prefer watching.

Seosamh Máirtín and RabS like this.