1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Jun 26, 2018.

Discuss Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That last game was over a month ago and he hasn't mentioned it before. Doesn't bother him either..

Considering how serious he went after Tonev, then surely it's something you'd want stamped out immediately again? All sounds very strange to me..

He's been factually proven in the 1 instance we can all see recorded on the telly and we're now to believe he's just a * now for lying about the support racially abusing him? You're giving him a bit too much credit with that 1..

For me he's a very sleekit, devious wee lying * who I'd expect us to hammer for his latest comment's..

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think Shay Logan is a lying sack of * tbh.

neilly1987, M 67, The IRA and 2 others like this.
  3. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Another wee * I couldn’t stop myself from leathering if I seen him cutting aboot Glesga. That last paragraph is him to a tee.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm majorly surprised he wasn't slapped about at Manchester airport when he was being cheeky when we'd packed the place on route to Munich..

Wee dwarf that thinks he's untouchable. Most annoying shitebag thing he does and sums him up is the numerous time's he's pelted the ball at people on the deck..

Always thought he was a liar. Tonev was badly advised and a kangaroo court threw the book at him which you'd only see with witchcraft nut job's in Kenya..

Now it's been proven as fact he's an utter fantasist. That's good enough for me..

ChrisMoh and Doogs. like this.
  5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Wee * who thinks playing the racial card buys him sympathy, when most can see right through it. Would absolutely be suited to the smelly huns the *. Runs his gub wae fuckall to back it up.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That's all It is.....trying to be relevant with the biggest club in the country..

I hope the club proper hammer him for this. I'm sure all his antics have been noted..

I'll be disgusted if 1 game we're 3/4 up, Broony, KT or whoever absolutely finishes his laughable career..

7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    You should see the * strutting his stuff round Aberdeen with his little Barbie

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I understand where your coming from JP. But in society in general now everything has a pigeon hole to place itself in. Far left, radical left, centre left and all the rights with same first names. It’s more a political mantra to convey and promote these names so it filters into the public domain to pick a side. There are people from all walks of life with extreme views. There are people that don’t give a * because they don’t want to be seen or heard.
    We have always had the far right, a term they used themselves because of the pride they show in their extremism. Far left is a pretty new term and I believe it’s because they have become pro active in their marches and are prepared to use violence.
    To paint most of our fans of being left wing radicals is ridiculous. We understand better than most due to growing up through the troubles and the education and stories that the fans have had down the years because of links with Ireland. We know the troubles wasn’t just Catholic and Protestant. That was the government promotion package. Whitehall had their hands pretty dirty most of the time. So like this we know problems in Palestine, Syria and Iraq isn’t one sided either. We are a huge melting pot of different political opinions but none of them facist. We are the most political aware support in Europe. And to use Churchill’s anology just finished your argument. So if you’ve experienced extreme views, then that is that individuals outlook. We are definitely not an extreme left radicalised club.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Correct.

Still waiting on examples of Celtic fans having far left radicalised views.

Given that the club was formed to help alleviate the hunger in Irish immigrant households, there will be and always should be (in my opinion) left-wing principles throughout the club and supporter base.

That's not to say we are all waving hammer and sickle flags and demanding communism. To suggest so is ridiculous.

Recent political stances of the Celtic support that come to mind are Palestinian flags v Beer Sheva, Pro-Scottish Independence, Bobby Sands v William Wallace banner highlighting hypocrisy of the SNP and Scottish Nationalists, Food bank drives, Kill the Bill protests.

Now maybe I'm one of the radical lefties JP talks about and that I can't see the wood for the trees...but none of those strike me as radical left wing views. I'd consider them to be pro-civil rights/liberties and would gladly debate with anyone that had contrasting views.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  10. JimMc

From older original Irish street ballads of the time.

18thCentury no arms no legs no eyes no nose

19thCentury both legs blown away

20thCentury just the one leg missing

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No anything you say reflects upon and expands my explanation on my non belief of left wing extremism being promoted at CP. To face the aggressor is a totally different aspect from becoming an aggressor. :50:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    If Tonev was adamant he didn't make those comments and Logan was making up lies then he should have challenged him to a public lie detector test to clear his name. He didn't do that.

13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im opposed to the idea of us leaving Scotland and moving to the English leagues.
    Although I understand the appeal of the riches on offer, i think that in time we would eventually lose our identity and become just another soulless team that puts money before fans.

Id like to see us help bring the scottish leagues up and hopefully in years to come an improved tv contract will set us on the right track.
    Id love to see a day where Scotland can have three or four teams doing well in europe.
    The resurgance of Hibs and Hearts has been good for us and im sure it wont be long before Dundee Utd are back in the top tier.

JC Anton likes this.
  14. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Qualifiers are even tougher to get through it seems for teams like Scotland that goes for both internationals and europe, Ireland the same just not enough individual quality up against the serbs.
    I myself woud've jumped at the opportunity to leave the Scottish league a few years ago, they are scared of the potential and no doubt even the experts say that Celtic would be a force in the epl with that much money.
    Im sure the frustration of competing with every team in the transfer window would be solved if we moved out.
    I agree with your point though and after seeing how we operate i think we can make the best of our situation and its not worth the risk of diluting our fanbase.

15. M 67

See if Tonev did say something racist, then * him.

However, I don’t trust Logan one bit. And I think he’s been fly by picking an Eastern European player to make it more believable. Which is racist in itself, ironically.

We’ll probably never know....but shay Logan can go take his face for a * !

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

That’s not unpopular mate.

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yeah thats right but as teams get stronger, so eventually will the co efficient.

If we can attract more money into our game (hopefully a potential new tv deal) eventually we will attract a better calibre of players in general and also improving facilities etc. Maybe a board of minds like Lawell, Budge and Dempster could take us forward.

18. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Thats optimism,:50: things are really looking good for us and i've said before the profile of the club has sky rocketed which says good things for Scottish football, no reason to think we cant go further.
    Hopefully our domestic teams put a good performance in Europe because they cant ask much more from Celtic.

19. Sween

I'm against the idea of England (it will never happen anyway) but we should be leading the way in any euro/North Atlantic type set up. I see no change to the current trend of smaller leagues declining and richer teams getting richer. And soon the champions league will almost be a closed shop.

I think there comes a point in the Scottish league, and several others in Europe where watching a monopoly becomes boring even for fans of the winning team. The natural outcome I think would be some sort of euro league and sadly I think that is the only way teams like celtic will grow

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

How would you know?

For the record, all Celtic fans love this period of current dominance and hope it never ends.

Liam Scales and trackebhoy like this.