1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2018 - 12th - 15th June - Expectations & Hopes

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by TESLA, May 30, 2018.

Discuss E3 2018 - 12th - 15th June - Expectations & Hopes in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Nasser

Dying Light 2 looks so good.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I planned to avoid everything to do with TLOU2...but when the gameplay trailer came on this morning I couldn't not watch it.

Man, it looks incredible. The violence looks brutal and the graphics are immense. As long as the story is up there with the story of the first game, then it'll be a 10/10.

Ellie is an amazing character and I'm actually quite glad we didn't see Joel. Keep him fresh for when the game is released.

binlardas67, DJ CJ and Valhalla like this.
  3. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    PlayStation conference was a bit of a joke, only surprise was resident evil, nice seeming some new gameplay on last of us but otherwise it was poor.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

In terms of the other 3 games that were shown for an extended period...

Ghost of Tsushima looks like it has serious potential. Beautiful setting and the combat looks decent enough.

Death Stranding was very interesting in it's first teaser a couple of years back but it just looks way too out there at this point. Not got a clue what's meant to be going on in that game.

Spiderman...meh. Looks like a Spiderman version of the Arkham games, but I've never been a big fan of him. Probably give that one a miss.

5. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Good guy or bad guy. Not much choices left. Looks good though.

6. Moustache

The four Playstation exclusives were probably the best things shown over E3 for me personally:

The Last of Us: Part 2 - This just looks incredible. The gameplay improvements look great and the story snippets were as well done as ever. The stuff they've talked about post-conference has been really interesting as well; the game can't come soon enough.

Ghost of Tsushima - I was honestly surprised this looked as good as did. The gameplay seems fun and it looks fantasic as well (the duel under the tree being the standout scene). I'm guessing we'll see a more ninja/assassin focused trailer next time around.

Death Stranding - I'm still not really sure what's going on, although you can sort of piece bits together from different trailers at this point, but it looks interesting nonetheless. In terms of gameplay, it looks like it could maybe be a survival game of sorts. I'd be surprised if this ever came out on PS4 though, it seems like a PS5 launch window title.

Spider-Man - The demo they showed at the conference looked fun and the open-world gameplay they showed after looked great as well. Animation and gameplay wise, they pretty much perfected Spider-Man. If this lives up to it's potential I could see it being a massive hit for Sony.

Outwith those four - Control, Metro: Exodus, Dying Light 2, Rage 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Doom: Eternal, Resident Evil 2 Remake and Assassins Creed: Odyssey were the other highlights. There's definitely plenty to look forward to.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Fully87 and Bunk Moreland like this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Super smash bros ultimate was my favourite. Every character ever in the game included. Faster movement, focus on attack by making continues dodging increase end lag.

Iv no got a switch though so unless they drop it to sub 200 ill prob not get it.

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Catching up on some trailers now. Tempted to buy a ps4 just to play LOU2. :56: Watched the first one as a walkthrough.

Ghosts of Tsushima looks insane too.

I'm also excited for assassins creed odyssey. Really like the look of it and the setting.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Bunk Moreland

A quick sum up of E3:

Sony - A very weird presentation but as usual the games hit the mark, very few third party games, all about Playstation games, gameplay looked so good.

Microsoft - Usual from them, Forza, Halo, Gears as per and a load of other * exclusives nobody cares about. 90% of games shown people actually want to play like Battlefield, Fallout, Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk, DMC5 etc etc etc are coming to PS4 as well. * poor.

Bethesda - Huge announcements like new Elder Scrolls, Starfield, Doom and Wolfenstein games but showed little apart from Rage 2 and Fallout, on paper it looks amazing in practice we got Fallout 76, Rage 2 and some Prey DLC.

Ubisoft - Gameplay of Division 2, new AC that was leaked months ago and not much else.

Square Enix - Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks like the last two, solid game but that's about it. Kingdom Hearts, who cares. No FFVII remake shown, probably another FF game stuck in development * that will release in 8 years time.

Nintendo - This isn't a toy show, * off.

10. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    agree I was an xbox 360 guy.but as the new consoles were coming out I switched to ps4,im glad I did as the newest xbox catalogue of games has been pretty poor.gutted about pubg though.although ps4 has something similer coming.

11. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    :50:looking forward to this.

12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    rage 2 gameplay

13. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Even with the 4 games they mainly showed, they looked years beyond anything that Microsoft, Nintendo and even anything on PC can muster. They will also have more exclusive games than the rest, in the works behind the scenes thats not been shown yet. I have been gaming since I was a kid, gamed on everything Nintendo's, Xboxes, PC, Sony are absolutely killing it right now. A don't know how anyone could be disappointed with what they have shown, and it's only a fraction of what they have in the works