1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hiphopaddict, Dec 5, 2017.

Discuss Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Is this season over?

2. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Are you a *?

3. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

And don't forget about the fan zone

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. chukie ar la

I thought it was something to do with the players buses have be allowed a separate entrance into the ground than the fans.

5. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Aye.

Lilac Wine and Raoul Duke like this.
  6. GuttleGob

What's wrong with expanding the stadium and reducing season ticket prices? And then overall prices for simple matchday tickets? Then Celtic would easily fill a 75,000 stadium.

The Scottish Premiership is one of the most expensive in Europe when it comes to season tickets and matchday tickets. When it has no right to this. Being 28th in UEFA co-efficient rankings.

The average Scottish fan pays more than the French Ligue 1, which is one of the big 5 leagues. And nearly the same as German fans of the Bundesliga.

Celtic would be ranked 13th in the English Premier League simply based on "cheapest" season tickets for 2017/18 season. And the English Premier league has the highest ticket pricing in Europe.

Celtic are already produce triple the revenue of Rangers. Who produce triple the revenue of Aberdeen.

If anything, the fans should demand this.

Lilac Wine and LectersLuncheon like this.
  7. Broonybhoy90

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson ,nakamura,Scott sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If we are spending 4mil on stadium renovation and improving the match day experience then wot do you think brendans buget will be I reckon it will be the biggest in the history of the clubs especially if sevco start to spend the kidon investment that's comming

8. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Got a text from a mate last night saying that Celtic are spending £4m on improving lighting and the sound system because we maybe getting a major European final in a few years. He has been reliable over the last few years, so no need to doubt him. Has anyone else heard this rumour?

9. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hard to find out what UFEA consider the criteria for being able to hold a European final, doesn't seem like they publish it a lot, so you'd have to be in the inside to know exactly, as far as I'm aware.

10. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    The only stadium eligible for a UEFA final is, and always has been, Hampden. The huns used to bleat about ‘5* stadium’ which literally meant nothing like the 5 stars on their Hummel tops.

Hampden gets it because of wider tunnels, bigger dressing rooms, a large dedicated press area, lots of corporate facilities for the blazers to pat each other on the back and most importantly a secure drive and massive underground car park for team coaches.

I hope Parkhead can be expanded in the not too distant future as many clubs are now overtaking us for capacity. We used to be 2nd only behind Old Trafford in Britain now Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs will all be above Celtic Park plus Liverpool and Everton could possibly go above 60000 in a few years.

Fully87 likes this.
  11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

First major issue is restricted seats, for a European final there can’t be any. Since the cemetary is there we can’t do anything.

12. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

I am all for the capacity to be increased. I was watching the Liverpool semi final the other week there and the new top tier was empty at half time, i am only guessing here but it looked like a hospitality section similar to what we have at the back of the bottom tier of the north stand ? Why not increase our capacity to 70 - 72k and have the top as an 'affordable hospitality section' Little more than normal- comfy seating - Not too fancy (buy your own pies). main thing you can buy a beer at half time relax pre and post match in a bar area inside the stand.

In my opinion its all about the match day experience these days , there is a greater demand for this sort of service/value for money

Personally Id be happy to pay that little bit more for something like this.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Our stadium, at the moment, does not fit the criteria to host a major UEFA sanctioned European final due to at least one thing.
    Every fan that comes to the stadium needs to be able to have an unobstructed view of the pitch but some in the away section have pillars in front of that view and they would have to be removed to allow the Champions League Final or Europa League Final to be held at Celtic park.

14. DaBomber

Are there not restricted view seating in the stadium in Kiev that is hosting the champions league final?

15. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Yes

16. DaBomber

So basically, that argument is out of the window, perhaps UEFA have changed their criteria and I imagine it’s not as strict for a Europa League final.

17. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Emirates is smaller and Chelsea's is set to be 60k, Liverpool just expanded to 54k, but who really cares?

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The pub boys. "Iv got more seats than you!"

19. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

I heard yesterday that the changing rooms are being refurbished aswell

20. GuttleGob

I think they should keep the changing rooms as they are. They remind me of old school changing rooms. I remember going to the San Siro stadium tour and AC Milan had these chairs for the players, like chairs for gamers, really comfortable, while Inters changing room was just basic. Not surprised whose been the most successful since.