1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The CelticTV Discussion & Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by EmmetDonegal, Jul 23, 2013.

Discuss The CelticTV Discussion & Questions Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Agree with the score/time not being shown. It's a bit annoying when you don't know much time there is left or whatever.

Disagree with the similar quality of streams for free though because it was mainly that which made me sign up to Celtic TV. I was sick of the free streams going down, buffering all the time, taking ages to connect (no matter what free site I went to), and not being able to see EVERY game, so I just signed up to Celtic TV where I've very, very rarely had a problem.

Can't complain for only £12.99 a month.

2. D'Ecosse

Agree 100%
    But add to that, I'm actually happy to pay my subscription as contribution to Celtic - there are plenty of other things I'm more than happy to take for free, but making my contribution to Celtic is important - they need every penny we can help with in this cheap-* league in which we're stuck.

3. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Can u use a playstation or a phone for celtic tv?

4. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Or a tablet?

5. eyeforaneye

can more than one person use an account? I share my MLB and NHL accounts with buddies here. wonder if a few Americans would want to split the cost and share an account.

6. Nowhereman

They can tell when more than one computer is signed into the account, unfortunately.

7. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Yeh there is that as well. All in all, for what you get on there I'd say it's well worth it in my opinion.

As far as I'm aware you can watch it on your phone/ipad/tablet, yes. I've read about other people watching it on their ipad's with no problems.

8. D'Ecosse

I have the app on my iphone and it works; so certainly ipad will work too.
    Go ahead & look for the app on your media and install it - there is freeview content on there you can test without having a subscription.

Re sharing - well, you actually could I guess share your log-in & PW - as long as only one is logged in at any time. Even in my own house, if I go from one PC to another (same router, same IP, it will only allow a single PC log-in - it will actually log me in but kicks the other one off with a notice that has been logged in from another PC)

Rather than do that, if you have locals who want to watch the Celts, form a mini club and watch together!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  9. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    Yes, I watch on my ipad.

10. Dáibhí

Unlike the NHL or MLB, Celtic aren't a multi-billion dollar US industry.

Cough up the cash and make a contribution to the club! :50:

11. eyeforaneye

lol I have about 50 Celtic shirts, most from Celtic Park. I make plenty of contribution mate!

12. ulsterscot

Eyeforaneye
    Superb, just what Celtic needs from the biggest fan base that any club has in the world .
    Why don't you cut out Celtic altogether and get the free streams . You will save yourself the price of a bag of chips every match .

13. eyeforaneye

lol why the hostility I was simply asking a question. I don't have $231 to spare at the moment. figured a few Celtic fans in the USA are the same way thought it a good idea. sorry I have made you so upset

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  14. In the Jungle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Adam Mathews
    Don't worry about him mate, he's a miserable *:31:.
    You can share a log- in but only one of you can be on at any time.
    My younger brother & I both have Celtic TV and my Dad (tight-*:smiley-laughing002:)uses our log in to watch the games when we're not on.

15. RI Bhoy

Thinking of getting a new TV soon, but it seems like they are moving away from vga inputs on the more affordable models.

Currently, I stream celtictv from my computer to my TV with a vga cord and run the sound from the computer's headphone jack directly into the tv. My computer doesn't have hdmi out, but I'd rather watch the matches on my TV than a laptop/desktop.

For those of you watching celtictv on your televisions, what sort of setup are you using? Maybe there is a better alternative that I'm just not aware of...

Tx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

16. emmetf

If you have a tower PC, you can install a cheapo GPU with HDMI out. 30 USD is enough for a cheap adapter and will do HDMI. YouTube for tutorials etc

Alternatively you could use something like (though quality will be lower)

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9siadpm6sw9712

You'd wanna find a site that deals in sterling and not monopoly money though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

RI Bhoy likes this.
  17. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry

Currently I'm running a home built HTPC Desktop, sitting under TV(i5, 16gig RAM, built into Motherboard HDMI built in Graphics) out of that into an Onkyo TX-SR608 AV reciever for surround sound then into the TV 42" Plasma. Only use 2 HDMI cables one from the puter to the surround sound box then one from that to the TV.
    Obviously the HDMI stuff is more expensive but it saves hassles with headphone cables and getting the right vga or dvi cables to match up.
    So basically Celtic TV full screen perfect quality (it helps i do have a 200MB internet connection too).
    regards
    scsi

RI Bhoy likes this.
  18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not a fan of the * at all but our whole media department has improved tenfold since McCulloch came in.

All we need now if for them to bring back the Celtic podcast. The interviews with the staff and players were cracking on that.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

McCulloch could produce the greatest media in the World and I will still never take to him.

I remember every sleekit, sarcy, put down aimed at genuine Celtic fans in his previous role at Clyde. He is a * in my eyes and always will be.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I never heard him on Clyde as I don't listen to it, so I haven't had an issue with him. He's been a big improvement on Summer Harl.