1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rickyroma25

So even though u think Joshua won, you think one of the judges should have scored it for Parker?

:39:

2. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty pish fight. Thought AJ won, but nowhere near as wide as that. Parker had good tactics but just waited too long to implement them.
    Fury will box circles around Femi. The Big stiff idiot !

3. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Aye, would've expected the New Zealander to score the closer rounds in Parkers favour.

5. rickyroma25

Aw right, confused me. Seemed like you were saying you thought it should have been a split decision. Which obviously wouldn't make sense.

6. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Did Parker box to win or just did he just try to not get knocked out?

7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He came to fight, just couldn’t pull off his game plan as good as AJ.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Looked to me like he accepted the moral victory of being the first guy not to get knocked out by AJ.

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not a great fight by any means and I do think Parker basically accepted defeat.

In saying that I imagine when standing across the ring from Joshua, actually going out on your shield is a much more daunting prospect than talking about it.

Lilac Wine and Mince.Charming like this.
  10. bigozzietam

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Fury would have battered both at same time last night I hope his next fight is that * sausage smuggler AJ as he will school not a problem.

11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don't understand why AJ is getting slagged off so much. I thought he proved he's not just a one dimensional fighter and can dig deep against Klitschko?

I Listened to TalkSport cause my streams died after a couple rounds. They said early on Parker was causing AJ a lot of worry but they were more concerned with the performance of the referee because he was splitting them apart when they weren't even holding, they were fighting at close quarters which is a major skill in boxing and the ref was treating it as some sort of foul play.

At the end the main pundit said AJ by 5 rounds but it was hard to judge both fighters because of the ref.

I would love AJ to knock Fury out but I think Wilder is the fight that could cause AJ a lot of problems. Don't know much about the guy but seen a sporting show focusing on him and he's got that electricity in both his skills and confidence that I think he could be a major worry.

I would pay the £20 to watch that cause if AJ managed to beat him I think he could be regarded as one of the best in England even though the level of opponents isn't that great, Wilder is definitely up there.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You simmer down to a riot.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. dmccourt95

Don’t see Aj getting past wilder or fury

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    One of the best in England? It would be fair to say the numerous world titles around his waist suggest he just might be!

I’ve never been that impressed by Wilder in all honesty, seems crude to me. He can definitely bang though, so it would be a fight I would look forward to. I wish Fury would get his * together and comeback because he has the potential to really upset the dynamic of the whole division.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ah I meant the History books of one of England's greats although to be fair I don't know that much about boxing to know how many greats are in that book.

Aye I've never seen a whole Wilder fight so I don't know if he's as good as his highlights suggest but as you say he can hit hard and he seems genuinely confident in his abilities.

I've only really seen Fury once and that was against Klitschko, a fight I found very boring considering the build up to it. It looked like Klitshcko only really started to fight in the last couple of rounds when he must've known he was getting beat on points, that was when the fight got exciting.

I've never seen Fury do anything that got me out of my seat like AJ has.

I prefer AJ's fire and brimstone approach but again to be fair he's mainly fought opponents well below true title holders. But I think he's passed all the tests so far even in a division lacking the quality of years ago. That's mainly why I think Wilder would be a genuine test of his all round abilities cause he'll go straight into action the same way AJ usually does and that'll demand a new strategy. Then again maybe it'll cause both fighters to be cautious but the way Wilder talks I think he would fancy an all action battle.

16. bigozzietam

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    So basically your opinion means * all then ok that saves me from reading the rest.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  17. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :giggle1: Outside now, I know enough to knock widos out :boxing:

PaulM1888 and bigozzietam like this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Loved AJ’s post fight, “what do I have to do to beat Wilder? Get him in the ring, and I’ll knock him spark out”.

19. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

I just didn't see that much quality. AJ didn't look in danger in any given moment. Parker couldn't threat him or put any pressure on him.

What's the general consensus on AJ's personality in England, Wales and Scotland? I have only seen the fights against Klitschko and Parker and he came across as a humble guy in his interviews.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I personally believe more people dislike AJ for the hype surrounding him (and Eddie Hearn), than AJ himself.