1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hun Scum v Celtic (Sunday - 11/03/18 - 12:00 GMT)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Mar 3, 2018.

Discuss Hun Scum v Celtic (Sunday - 11/03/18 - 12:00 GMT) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Easter Rd Davie Once a Celt, Always a Celt Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    In The Heat of Lisbon
    ...with the added bonus that both seem to be regaining their best form, just on time (along with Tam and Ntcham).

Some good solid performances from our back three along with a confident Jamsie
    and I can see our front two running riot on Sunday!
    :60::biggrin::57:

2. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Edouard, Dembele and Rogic really does give us the option of going long effectively when the game calls for it. Get Edouard drifting out wide to assist whichever wingback has the ball. Plenty of routes with which to attack in a 3-5-2.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    De Vries

Ajer --- Simunovic ---Compper

Brown Ntcham

Forrest---------Rogic---------Tierney

Edouard

Dembele

Roberts, Musonda, Sinclair, McGregor avaiable on the bench.

Chonsey and Tommy25 like this.
  4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Would start Boyata if he's fit , loves a physical battle and dominates in the air , goal threat aswell from corners.

5. Sween

Odds at the moment on the exchange: Celtic 1.85, rangers 4.2, draw 3.9.

Probably fancy the draw at those prices. Rangers look shorter than I expected

6. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    Has the ludge announced who the ref is yet?

7. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    if Thompson had reffed our game against Dundee that only left Gollum , so will be one of them 2

8. scott87

I wouldn’t mind seeing Musonda start. Boy has massive talent and could relish this sort of game.

9. scott87

How far off is Griff from being fit?

Ewang83 likes this.
  10. H4nny14

The fact that they think they are good now is only playing in to our hands. They will have a right good go from the start next week and if we keep it tight and then go about our business then there will only be one winner. Pace and power is key for us going forward with even more pace and skill to come on off the bench as the game goes on. Let them think they are world beaters and for the media go on about how this is the first time that the teams are evenly matched. We will see come Sunday!

Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Going by Brendan's interview midweek we won't see him for a while yet.

12. Lecs

I would go with the team we started with yesterday, swapping Sinclair for Edouard.

Edouard changed the game yesterday for us. He's got a fantastic first touch, great ball control. He's big, strong and pacey and can put the ball in the net.

I also feel like Dembele plays a lot better when Edouard plays, two of them link up well and have good chemistry.

Rodgers seems to really fancy Sinclair though, so I reckon he will go with Sinclair annoyingly.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Brendan, remember when you said the diets was the easiest team talk you've ever had to give and we went out and smashed the *.....they couldn't breathe..

You've just been given an easier one..

Overrun that midfield 2 who are weak and we'll terrorise their abysmal defence..

14. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

They seem to be hitting a bit of form and we've not been great or consistent at all this season so far. Hopefully it's only setting them up for a fall. Don't want to give these * anything.

15. dmac

As Alex Ferguson said it's time to quiet the noisy neighbours

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Markybhoy

John Beaton is it not..........

17. Cupid Stunt

Realised I put this in the wrong thread...

We have to start with Dembele and Edouard up front for this one. The opposition have us sussed out with one up top but we showed against Hearts and the second half of the Morton game that teams haven't got a clue how to defend against two big strong powerful guys up top. Both of them have different qualities but I liked Edouard when I first saw him and I think he provides a real threat with a partner. Rogic has to start as well.

I always think three at the back leaves you quite exposed at times but I think if Compper (sp?) starts at the left of a back three and Edouard and Dembele both start we'll win comfortably. If we start with one up top and Sinclair on the left wing I can honestly see us coming away with a draw or worse because the energy levels in that system are non existent.

18. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    If Rodgers cannot get the team fired up and into these * from minute one questions need to be asked.

I cannot stand the thought of us losing to these *, if we play at our best the huns will be on the end of another pumping.

19. Markybhoy

This game feels like a draw to me. We have more ability, they're playing with more confidence. A draw all but ends their chances of winning the league but it also allows them to walk away feeling good about themselves saying 'we've drawn with Celtic the last twice, the gap is closing'. In a way, everyone's a winner. You quite often see draws in situations like that.

20. Markybhoy

People keep saying this - and while it IS true - there is absolutely no evidence that I can see that tells me we are going to run out on to the pitch at Ibrox next Sunday and suddenly produce a magical performance. We've been hard to watch for most of this season and if we play the way we have been playing then they actually do have a chance of beating us next week. So we * well better be up for it and ready to go come kickoff time.