1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I'd certainly take 20m for Demebele after that performance. Take the money with a sell on clause and run.

2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Every * in England rates him more than we do. We could easily get £30m for him, yet folk on here spouting pish like “bit their hand off for 18”.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    I do like him, always felt he has a soft spot for us

Crilly likes this.
  4. oh bhoy

I cant see why we would sell at this point unless its a ridiculous offer around the £40 million asking price ,anything less just makes us look weak as *.we still need moussa for the Europa league and the rest of this campain can't see us landing anyone anywhere near that calibre any time soon so we should hold onto him till the summer at least

5. ddub11

He,s done a lot for us and has won a lot but i get the impression he wouldn't mind moving on.
    I think if a good offer comes in we should take it with the add ons if he moves again.

Him leaving doesn't bother me to much but i would be concerned about the quality of player we bring in as a replacement.
    We got lucky getting him for the price we did and think it might be difficult to do that a gain.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It all comes down to if the player wants to go celtic don't hold a player back the reason they sign big Co tracts is to guarantee a larger transfer fee

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I don't get why people have been giving him a hard time for the last game.

He has * all service even when the Thumb came on he done * all yet no one is saying * all about that.

joemc, Crilly and Murph-E like this.
  8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Nae preseason because he was injured. And has been playing catch-up ever since. This break should give him the opportunity to get him that work needed. I reckon we will see a much better Dembele after the winter break

A general point about the team. We've played almost a full season worth of games in a short period, been almost Saturday-Midweek- Saturday/Sunday since July. So we will have had minimal time between games, which has had it's effect on performances.

We haven't reached the standards of last year and it was unlikely that it would even be possible. We can play better and I believe we will.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Chris Hughton there saying it's nothing more than speculation, regarding Moussa.

10. BigRourkey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present: Tierney Past: Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Anyone catch Chris Hughton's interview after the Bournemouth game?

Basically when asked for comment about Dembele said he was "very aware" of the speculation, and didn't deny that they would be making a move.

Hope that the number is right for us. Sad that little English clubs can buy players from the biggest club in the world.

11. BigRourkey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That's not how I took his comment.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Thierry Henry saying it's time to see how Dembele does in a big league.

Cheating French *...

13. BigRourkey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The bitter orange guy beside him obviously rates Dembele as a quality player. He said Brighton should sign him tomorrow.

Mentioned the fact he supports a now defunct football team. So that was a nice tribute.

14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

People in the media have been attempting to reduce his value over the past few months which a few Celtic fans seem to have bought into.

Saying things like ‘I’d bite your hand off for £18 million’ :56:

Thank * it’s not that type running the club. If and when we decide to part company Dembele will go for a price that reflects a young striker in today’s inflated transfer market, who is proven in the Champions League, with world class potential.

Cmcgregor90, Nasser and oh bhoy like this.
  15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I didn't notice that till I just watched the sportscene hi-lights there , funny how referees spot non existant fouls in the box at corners/free kicks , usually just to calm a game down I think.

16. joemc

And one on the fringes of the french international team ,we have seen this before and your right ,the valuation belongs to the selling club not the media no matter how much they attempt to * us ,pl gets the proper value for players and brendan coming here will also see to it that that we do t under value him anyway .

17. TheHappyLoss

Don't want him to go at all, but will be even worse if he goes out with the whimper the first part of the season has been for him. Hopefully he can get back to top form and play the rest of the season for us

18. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Either of these options for me.

1 - keep him & try get him to sign a new deal. If not then use his last couple of years in our squad helping achieve champions league group football & allow him to walk at the end of his current deal. I really believe he's more valuable to us in our team than sold.
    2 - start bidding at 30 mill or * off.

We have two years Champions league money banked, plus possibly Jozo gone for 8, 7.5 for Virgil & maybe some funds if Armstrong & Erik go. We're shopping in the 2-5 million department & only buying 1 or 2 per window. Realistically what would 20 mill for Dembele change for us? Keep him.

Crilly likes this.
  19. Roskopicachu

He should be following the winger to the bye line. He's too deep, ball watching, waiting for magical delivery, slow to react. He thinks he's offside if he goes to the goal line, when he wouldn't be. That being said, if you've a guy with that sort of valuation, you'd think he'd get the ball more, but nobody seems capable of doing that. You'd think the midfield could feed him more chances, but right now the build up play is too slow, if you get what i mean. He lets defenders mark him inside the box, instead of getting in on the keeper for a tap in. It's happened a few times, chances just passing the guy by.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Just like it was time to see how Henrik done when he went to Barca at the end of his career and stopped Henry winning the Champions League for his beloved Arsenal.

Get it * round you, ya cheating * :56::56::56: