1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 no signal problem.

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by _DannyBhoy_, Dec 18, 2017.

Discuss PS4 no signal problem. in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Had my ps4 on this morning then all of a sudden it turned off.

Now when I try and turn it back on and select the hdmi it is connected to it comes up saying no signal on the tv.

I have turned the power off and removed the hdmi and reconnected it with no luck. Also connected to a different HDMI port.
    Sometimes when I turn on the ps4 it is restarting without me doing anything but sometimes it is running constant.

Anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it?

Never had this problem all the years I had the ps3. Have had the ps4 since September and hadn’t had a problem until now.

2. BigRourkey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present: Tierney Past: Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hi mate, don't know if this will help

the PS4 can be a bit temperamental on this, like you I often leave mine on for a day at a time (downloading a game) and other times play one match of fifa and swithc it off.

I had an issue similar to your own when I was using another device (a Sky Box) and was flicking between watching a game (not us!) on sky and playing my PS4.

Anyway, somehow my PS4 had attempted to make a wireless connection with some of the other equipment, I had tried to get it to locate a new controller which my brother had brought round.

This resulted in the PS4 not playing ball. It would not send a signal to the television even when I used a fresh HDMI capable to plug in.

It would be worth disconnecting the power from any other wireless devices, turning off your wifi, and starting the PS4 up at that point - when there is nothing to connect to it will start up and you can start introducing your wifi and controllers &c again.

Genuinely worth a go as this stumped me for 10 days. I was close to replacing it.

It now works fine. But it has made me crap at fifa because I am off my game....

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  3. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers mate will give this a go. Ended up swapping it with one of the TVs downstairs and it started working but I prefer the tv I was originally using.

Didn’t think about switching off the wifi etc. I unplugged everything, tried swapping the hdmi ports, changed the hdmi cable but nothing worked.

Tried putting the ps4 in safe mode as I was reading a lot of people who had the same problem done that and it worked fine after that. However no image was displayed on the tv at all so I couldn’t do that. Just constantly reading no signal.

I was close to taking it back as well and asking for a swap but after having taking the console down and trying on another tv I discovered the console itself was working. Just some problem with the console communicating with my tv.

It was a LG tv that I was having the problem and from what I have read, lots of others who have had this problem have also had an LG tv.
    Currently using a Samsung but prefer the picture quality on my LG.

Will let you know how things go when I get round to trying it again :50:

4. BigRourkey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present: Tierney Past: Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's an LG tv I have too! Wonder if maybe it was that which impacted me.

In fact its the LG I got given as a free gift for signing up to Sky for 18 months.

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Very strange that most of the cases involve LG’s.

I have had the LG for about 5 years though and never had that problem up until recently and that was after using the ps3 for years and I have had the ps4 for 3 months and it worked fine until the other day.

Hope you don’t experience any similar problems. It was driving me insane trying to get it working because I had tried so many things that I thought would work but none of them did.

6. Don Corleone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamuraaaaaa
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Shot in the dark here but have you tried booting it in safe mode? Turn it off and hold the power down until you hear the two beeps. It's helped me in the past, hope you get it fixed :50: