1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Back to basics please

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jpr21, Dec 17, 2017.

Discuss Back to basics please in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Gordon

Ralston Jozo Boyata KT

Brown Armstrong

Forrest Rogic Sinclair
    Dembele

Lets start playing our strongest 11 as much as we can. Armstrong is a must. Brown and Ntcham is far too defensive for a CM pairing SPL wise. Stu running beyond and in behind was a nightmare for sides last year . Have Rogic pulling the strings in the hole he is the best 10 at the club. Get KT and Sinclair playing in unison again make sure KT is pushing forward with attacking intent. Those two need to link up like last season more. Give Dembele a proper run in the team as he is out best striker.

Roberts , Mcgregor , Griffiths , most used subs for Forrest , Rogic , and Dembele.

Sign another CB and a right back in Jan and replace anyone who leaves.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Rogic is out until Feb... and Armstrong will be off in Jan..

3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Armstrong will be going soon and Gordon is not good enough. Sinclair needs to up his game if he wants a regular start. Maybe part the the problem is some players getting a game regardless of poor performances

4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Well we can not play Ntcham and Brown together , need a forward runner from midfield . Maybe play Mcgregor in there with Brown and allow Rogic to be the 10 once he is back.

We will miss Stu.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not in his current form we won’t.

6. Bunk Moreland

Dembele should be playing in every game if he's fit, the * boost it must give the opposition defence knowing they won't be facing our best forward when we play Edouard or Griff, they must think Christmas has come early.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Going back to basics is one of the big factors in why we were so poor today in my opinion..

We've generally been playing with a 3 and it's suited us nicely, even when not playing brilliantly..

Lustig isn't as exposed and doesn't have to bomb on in a 3. KT is more comfortable patrolling that whole left side. Our midfield 2/3 were overrun when usually we've had a Sinclair inside or Rogic. Griff coming back in was also a big mistake I had my suspicions about prior and we looked unfamiliar in a formation we excelled in but not for a while.....and it showed as we couldn't slot back in to it..

Rodgers has been excellent at in play rotation and switching it up in the past. We need that back..

Anderlecht was a big disappointment. We crumbled spectacularly at Easter Road last week and almost lost in the dying stage and even Accies had too many chances for my liking midweek. Motherwell away we got out of jail. Ross County away was another squeaky *..

I was hoping we could get to the winter break as we could all see we desperately needed it. Brendan even mentioned it his self with the amount of game's played but it wasn't to be. Just a galling way for it to be beaten today, in that manner and against those absolute scumbags..

I feel like I'm probably rambling all over the shop here. Just tell me to shut up..

8. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    100%. My suspicion is that Moussa is for the off in Jan and Brenda is trying to see if Edouard is worth a punt as a replacement hence his run in the team particularly at the expense of Griffiths. Also Moussa being left out to ensure he doesnt get injured again before a deal is made.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Would like to see a right-back as the main signing in January. Would be good to go back to 4-2-3-1, we're playing 3 at the back too much now and Forrest is playing too deep on the right all the time.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ntcham is a much better footballer than Armstrong we need to find the best way to accommodate him McGregor and Brown..

With Rogic vying when fit again..

rickyroma25 likes this.
  11. Bunk Moreland

Honestly don't think he'll be away in Jan but I do agree with what you're saying about Edouard, he could be a possible replacement if Moussa goes in the summer. Griff has just been dropped because of his form in my opinion.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ntcham isn't a sitting midfielder.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I want Ntcham in the 10 till Christmas or Broony sitting on his own in the easier game's with Kouassi and Ntcham with more licence to make thing's happen as Kouassi is defensive but he's very positive in his play, especially his passing forward..

Just till Christmas as you can see a lack of freshness in that middle, which ia such a crucial area of the pitch..

That kinda trio. Ajer in at the back. Ralston would've got more game time if not for injury so he may come back in. Dembele and Edouard fighting up top as Griff isn't with it for me..

Johnston pushing Sinclair. Forrest owning that right..

De Vries in till January..

Quite a lot of changes but some we've been saying long before today..

14. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Although I agree, Dembele has looked utter dung for large periods this season.

He isn't starting every game, because he doesn't deserve to. Personally don't think he's fully fit, maybe down to not playing 90 mins every Sat.

The attitude you see from Edouard is what Moussa has been lacking, Edouard comes on and works his socks off.

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Ntcham isn't a consistent performer so definitely needs an extended run in the team to find that consistency, I want to see Brown and Eboue sitting with Ntcham ahead of them, he can play defence splitting passes and has an eye for a goal, fast and strong as well so he ticks all the boxes for a no.10 or box to box midfielder.

Mr Shelby and rickyroma25 like this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Rodgers always plays the in form striker, so whoever is scoring will start so Edouards hat-trick got him in the starting line up for a few games. Moussa has been inconsistent, poor touches and dropping too deep then not taking his chances. Griff I think is trying too hard.

17. bhoy1der

I think things will sort themselves out no matter who is playing now.
    The focus has been on not losing to keep the unbeaten run going, making a draw acceptable.
    Now the focus will be on winning , so we should trounce everyone and win the league at a canter.

18. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Dembele looked to be getting back into good form scoring 6 in 8 games after coming off the bench against hibs then suffered that tackle in the league cup final and in the few weeks since then apart from Anderlecht he's not been starting, I'd have him back in starting Wednesday think a good run before the break will see him back to his best plus he terrorised that Aberdeen defence earlier this season and the huns last year so i'd want him starting those games.

Its really faint praise considering the game as a whole but I thought he actually done ok when he came on today a few neat touches and he was in good positions a couple of times but nothing spectacular obviously and no real chances.