1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Think we have been pretty poor this season overall. Not playing the same way as last year in year anyway. Not improved in Europe.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I would also add he's not beyond criticism but he's only 1.5 years into his plan and so far he's been an amazing success.

What he's done with the squad he has inherited has been simply outstanding! He's improved every single player and has added real quality in Dembele, Sinclair, & Ntcham..

Qualified for two CL campaigns in a row at the first time of asking. Something that MON, WGS or Lenny couldn't achieve..

Yes, some of the performances have been embarrassing and last nights first half performance, in its own way was the worst of all. So there's work to be done.

Would people rather have had Moyes for example who may have made us hard to beat (if we qualified at all), but would have us playing a brand of football that was uninspiring domestically and unimaginative in Europe. What BR is trying to do is drag Celtic and Scottish football to a level where we can compete by playing possession football.

I watched Moyes park the bus at City on Sun, * that.. BR has only just begun his revolution at Celtic. We've went from not getting near qualification to being disappointed about qualifying two years running and now progressing in Europe after Christmas, finishing above a team seeded above us who went to the EL semi last season. Let that sink in for a minute.

A more favourable draw and we could make it to the last 16 under BR. Judge him more in Europe at this stage next season. Although it could be argued getting into the CL for a 3rd season on the trot would be achievement enough.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Lilac Wine and Sean Daleer like this.
  3. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Moyes (5/10) has more than double the amount of wins brendan has (2/18) in the champions league and it only took him one campaign. Brendan has had 3 goes

Moyes actually did ok in europe with united

4. dmccourt95

For me Rodgers has got the most he's going to get out the guys who were here under deila, the only one who's been poor is Sinclair and dembele hasn't got going yet cos of injuries

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd just like to remind everyone that even though we played awful the first half and Anderlecht were on the top of their game with nothing to lose, the game changed dramatically in the second half and it was a very lucky OG that we got beat by.
    I don't see why we should be overly negative about this. Plus stop giving Gordon a hard time, he made possibility a result saving stop early on.
    So 11 opposition players against Broony and Gordon first half and it was still 0 0 at the break.
    I'm not saying it's all rosey. Boyata is not a Celtic player. He takes too many risks without the skill level to achieve them.
    Now we have Ntcham, Armstrong's name should be nowhere near the team sheet in Europe. We all questioned that when it was announced but Brendan sorted it at half time and I think he's got confirmation who's first choice now.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So how is progressing to the last 32 not a result then?

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If we were to meet Anderlecht in the last 32 of EL and won 3-1 over two legs everyone would be * delighted.

I really think a bit of perspective is needed. Our job in this group was to get third place and we achieved that fairly easily.

Last night was far from good enough and our home form in the CL needs seriously addressed, but we met our objectives as far as progression in Europe year on year goes, qualified for the CL first season, qualified out of the group second season.

JC Anton and jimbobers like this.
  8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Remember we beat Ajax 3-0 in Amsterdam then lost 1-0 at Parkhead. Think the players just go out with the thought of not getting humped in situations like last night. Personally I would have just went out all guns blazing but if we lost an early goal things could have gotten very dodgy, do I can see the thought behind keeping it tight.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Jeremie Frimpong

I think it’s the fact that we have gone 10 European group stage home games without a win that makes the loss last night sting more than it would otherwise. If we had lost 1-0 to an own-goal in Brussels after a poor first-half and better second-half but won 3-0 at Celtic Park, I think we’d all feel a little better - until recently, European away games were a write-off for us anyway.

Lilac Wine and Sean Daleer like this.
  10. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Feel like he is avoiding taking any responsibility for these performances in Europe, maybe pushing the point that the board didn't achieve certain things in the transfer window? Coming out and saying our players think they are champions league level players when they are not is fine, but is he a champions league manager? currently no- played 18 champions league games won 2. Really hope the board let him spent a bit in the transfer window so we can give a good account of ourselves in the Europa League, as long as we don't end up with * Andy Carroll or Borini:brendy:

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lets just try and take as many points out the 21 available we can until 30th December and see where we are coming the winter break, trying to get players in the winter window is always difficult, paid £3m for a guy last January and we haven't seen him play need to get the balance correct.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Could Moyes have turned around the squad the way BR has, without major investment and surgery. No chance probably why he didn't get the job.

Why did West Ham try and get BR before Moyes? Because he's a better coach, simple.

Lilac Wine and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Are you taking about this season? As both Sinclair and Dembele were sensational last season and Sinclair is our top scorer this season even tho he isn't playing as well..

14. Chavez

He'* the ceiling with this group of players. He is clearly a CL standard manager so needs to be backed with an equivalent standard of player. What he's managed to do with Ronny's players is an absolute * miracle, I don't think he gets enough credit at all.

Still can't get my head around starting * Armstrong though :55:

15. Jeremie Frimpong

Very true.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I think there's room for further development in the likes of McGregor, KT, Simunovic.. etc .

Would like us to sign a couple of men not boys in the window, we have enough projects..

17. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    Who are you talking about?

18. Jeremie Frimpong

Eboué.

19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Done a great job so far but needs to shake things up a bit.
    Regular first team is looking a bit tired and stale. Edouard, Ntcham, Eboue and Hayes to start for me at the weekend.

JC Anton likes this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Eboue Kouassi

celticpro likes this.