1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we reach 100?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic warrior, Nov 27, 2017.

Discuss Can we reach 100? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    I’d be happy with 67.

2. paulpaul17

We could do 100 but we are nowhere near close enough to it yet to discuss it.

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sweet Jesus.
    :brendy:

The Prof likes this.
  4. Bunk Moreland

Always thought it would be a game where we give away a dubious Ross County like penalty, straight red card and it ends 1-0

5. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    99 and we'll lose the 100th :fear:

6. Bumblebee

The way I sort of feel about the 10 in a row patter at times to be honest.

Here we go 7 in a row CSC.

7. RocketBhoy13

Winning that piece of silverware yesterday, means far more than our unbeaten run ever could...

I'd also happily trade in a chance at 100, for a chance to have a good run in europe too! Far more important to the club, and worthy of far more praise and admiration!

No, we won't do 100... but basically, I don't really care if we do tbh!!

8. paulpaul17

Totally agree with that, too. People singing it in 2012 were insane.

If we don't get 10 in a row you know full well images and videos of us singing about it will be posted everywhere.

I'll start thinking about about 10iar in Summer 2020 iff we win the league is season and then following two.

Bumblebee likes this.
  9. Buster

It will be an ICT semi final type game.......we should be discussing what ref is gonny * it up for us

10. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Complacency is the only thing that'll stop us, the level of competition we'll have to deal is so so mediocre that even with serious squad rotation we shouldn't be losing any game.

11. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    When we have played * it looks so far like the best a team can hope for is a draw, we have to lose at some point, it will be a crushing day probably as we are so used to not losing domestically, can we get 100? yes, will we probably not, I think we might lose one of the games in Dec very marginally like a last minute goal at 0-0.

12. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Of course I would like to reach this, but I would prefer not to set targets, some supporters will get deflated for not achieving.....it also becomes ammunition for other club fans.
    I'm just taking one game at a time and enjoying the experience, that way the records just keep coming....
    HH:celt_2:

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Even if we do lose we will just start another run and get to 100 the second time around it's fine.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If we don't win 10 in a row it will be down to gross mismanagement on our part.

We've got ourselves into a position where our turnover is 3 times more than that of them and we have disposable assets which - when sold - could buy them multiple times over (Dembele & KT)

Unless some rich oligarch buys a team and plumps silly amounts of cash in, I just can't see how that gap is bridged.

I've no fear about retrospectively looking foolish for chanting hwg10iar, we should be basking, our dominance has all came from the sweat off our brow.

It works 2-fold, reminds them they couldn't better Stein's achievement despite having a blank cheque from the Bank of Scotland, then doubles down and watch them squirm that we're well on the way to being record breakers and enjoy their pain.

Make no mistake, they'll be off Erskine bridge like lemmings if/when we do it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  15. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don't really mind, as long as it isn't a game that stops us winning the treble, and as long as none of the following teams stop our run:

Rangers; Hearts; Aberdeen; Motherwell; Ross County; Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle; Dundee; St Johnstone; Hamilton; Hibs; any lower league sides.

More seriously, though, wouldn't like it, but could live with it if it is Hibs, managed by Lennie, who finally end our unbeaten domestic run. I would hate it to be any of the other clubs, though. Gone would be the incredible achievement of the unbeaten run. The media would be all about the wonder club, the heroes who downed the Irish. The longer the run proceeds, the more I worry about it ending this way. Would love to see us see out this season unbeaten (including the Europa League).

16. Grimm You belong to me!

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Thomson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Lets be honest here, SPFL will at some point schedule our games for a Saturday " due to the demand of TV,"" sorry its no oor fault Mr Rodgers, its them" they will do their best to f**k up our EL or SPFL ambitions.

kramer1 likes this.
  17. dmccourt95

Hibs are the only team who have got themselves into a good position against us and went for it, the rest have all played for a draw or shat it n tried to keep the score down