1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was a dive and the ref made a total * of it.

2. Cmcgregor90

its a soft pen and if not pulled probably would have finished it or set up as i said he was pulled and there was intent was a pen all day long a sending off is harsh

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He said it himself he felt contact and went down, it was quite pathetic really by him and the ref, I'd be * raging if a Motherwell player done it and got a penalty and Celtic player sent off.

Even then imagine Neymar done that on Wednesday.

Gabriel and Fully87 like this.
  4. Bunk Moreland

I really don't care if it was a penalty or not, we've been on the receiving end of some of the worst refereeing decisions in Scottish football. The list of 'honest mistakes' against us is ridiculous, so * Motherwell and * Kipre who should have been sent off in the first half.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Thought he was a disgrace for that dive earlier..

I'd go * mental if that was given against us..

6. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Was a dive but after hibs at home i don't blame him. Hit the deck and leave the ref in no doubt, otherwise were getting * all.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Shouldnt have rugby tackled him and it wouldnt have been a penalty.
    A red card was a bit much. Yellow would be fine.

8. Eazey

in modern football thats a penalty all day, no red card though as he was moving away from goal and it didn't seem like a clear goal scoring opportunity to me. Looks as if the cut back was the next move if Sinclair isnt uphended. Sinclair had him beat for speed for sure.

9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    By continually banging on about this we're doing the medias job for them in deflecting away from Celtics win. Taking the gloss off as they say. It will soon be yesterdays chip wrapper so let's move on. So he dived and yes it's not nice but fgs tell me a team who never had a player that dived or feigned assault, injury to get someone sent off. While we're at it look at cheating on a much grander scale.......how many decisions went against us and how many trophies were we done out of over the years. Oh yes a little whataboutery but what's sauce for the goose and all that.

10. Murph-E

Ah well, these things happen, no point crying about it or claiming conspiracy, eh?

11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    when have we ever been without conspiracy eh? :56:According to every man and his dog yesterday everyone outside of Celtic was saying it might be better for Scottish football if we lost! :56:

12. GlenLoovens'LusciousLocks

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens the legend
    Celtic 2-2 Hibs. Sinclair is through on goal, Efe pulls him back stopping him from having a shot on goal. This is why he went down yesterday. It fundamentally has to do with refereeing. If he went down against Hibs he gets a pen. Blame the refs. Up the ra.

The IRA and neilly1987 like this.
  13. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Many people are saying it was a dive just because his knees gave out from under him when simply touched on the ribs

well.. i have spoken to my mate who is something of an authority on these matters.. he assures me that a simple touch on the shoulder can cause instant collapse..

This guy should know as he is also a doctor.. and his pointy ears do not subtract from his well made point

Jeannie960 likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Craig Gordon on the big talking point

“Scotty doesn’t go down that easy at all,” he said. “Against Hibs, Efe Ambrose pulled him and he never went down when he should. He’s a type of player who does try and score goals. If he had the chance to put it in the back of the net then I’m sure he’d take it.

The IRA likes this.
  15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just watched it back for the first time and honestly can’t believe some of the reactions on here.

It’s soft, but it’s never, ever a dive. Just look at the way Sinclair’s left hand ends up behind him after his arm is pulled and it’s obvious he loses his balance. At that speed, it doesn’t take a lot. Yes, he could potentially do more to try and keep his balance but why should he? As a few have pointed out, he never got a blatant penalty earlier in the season because he was too honest.

It’s a pull back, it’s a foul, it’s a penalty and under the current rules it’s a red card.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If that was given against us i must admit i'd be * livid.

But it was given for us, so i'm * delighted !! :36: :party048: :party22: :brendy::yeah: :ynwacelti

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    This. This. This.

It's a penalty. At worst it could be described as 'soft' (a position I adopted myself but am moving away from) but it most definitely is a penalty.

McGrory1888 and Jeannie960 like this.
  18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It's making me sick the way he's being pilloried right across the board. Call me paranoid if you like but a lot of folk are loving this. No one is really talking about the cup win but rather that Sinclair cheated. So now we have a tainted title :56:Yeah if you ask me they can't wait for us to fail and to start having a real go at Brendan as well......it's all been too perfect for them. They can't even get much mileage out of our heavy losses in Europe because everyone with a brain knows we weren't ever likely able to compete with 300 million quid teams. They would look stupid trying to keep that up. We get hammered by PSG so fair enough but if it were a Premiership team would the reaction be the same? Everton vs a mid table Italian team and gets gubbed but little is made of that. Yep they're desperate for us to slip up.

McGrory1888 and neilly1987 like this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Everyone outside Celtic will be desperate for our unbeaten run to come to an end, that alone is incentive enough to keep it going lol.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    There are "Tims" trying to claim Sinclair's pen is as bad as the one that Ross County got against us last year. FFS.

Must be trying to get social media 'likes' off their Hun mates.