1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk about Gordon's kicking

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Hadouken, Oct 18, 2017.

Discuss Lets talk about Gordon's kicking in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Done some nonchalant wee kick after we'd worked hard to pass it about under pressure and get to him..

One of those lazy wee arsed one's he does and put us under pressure again. Think it might've been Broony he stuck in it..

I'm trying to be less critical because of what Brendan wants but he's doing my * in..

Artorias and packybhoy like this.
  2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I've being quite a strong backer of his but this has faded quite a bit the last wee while. I think it's actually his decision making that's the biggest culprit. Expansive football from the back or not if he's in ANY * doubt he can't safely reach a player of ours without causing danger he needs to put the * leather through it! End of!! I this his time is running out because if he can't do it to a decent level, and i have my doubts now, i think he's heading for the chop.

By the by, i don't think he was main culprit for tonight with the goal. He certainly didn't help the situation though and would have had no decision if ball had been dealt with properly.

3. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm getting sick of it to be honest. He improved a bit last season but now seems to be making stupid mistakes on a weekly basis.

It's a shame because he's a good shot stopper. What the * he was thinking running out like that tonight I'll never know.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    It's another mistake costing us, I've said it a few times we need to replace Gordon next season.

Been great getting him a free and has done a job but it's time to get a better keeper in and improve the squad.

5. GlenLoovens'LusciousLocks

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens the legend
    He is, and always has been a liability when it comes to his distribution. We must do better than him. It can be very very costly at this level, which we have previously learnt. (See both Astana games the first time round.)

6. shaunm

Brendan wants him rushing out,he just isn't very good at it

7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Haven't saw the first Bayern goal again. Just what I saw in the stadium. And at the time I thought Gordon was at fault. These stupid mistakes are costing us big and I think his concentration seems to be the problem.

8. jamiebhoy67

I agree with the passing out from the back right but why when he can see us under pressure at the bsck is he not launching he could hsve got brown sent off tonight or injjred with the stuoid finese pass he gave him and i think if he stays on the line for thr first goal then good chance of not losing the goal

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Kicking is dreadful and passing into Scott brown at 50mph when's he marked has got to stop

LloydsGamble likes this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

You can actually see his indecisiveness having a negative effect on the defence. Very poor all round.

I’m also sick of seeing people say he’s a good shot stopper. Surely all professional goalkeepers should be good shot stoppers? If you’re not a good shot stopper then you won’t get a game for the juniors never mind for Celtic.

11. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    #freeCostil

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Every kick out in the first half Bitton was ready to receive the ball but he didn't use him.. one of the points of playing him there is so he can build from the back. Got better in the 2nd half and had a good stop with his feet. But for me it's a priority position after CB that needs an upgrade.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

AJ Styles likes this.
  13. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He didn't cover himself in glory but the blame lies squarely with Boyata for me for not taking control of the situation and getting the ball to * first time of asking.

14. scootz

So, it seems we MUST have a pantomime villain, and we've selected the new fall guy... step forward CG!

Yes - his decision making surrounding whether to stay put, or go meet the challenge, is one of his very few weaknesses.

But he was the LEAST culpable of Boyata, Bitton and Lustig for Bayern's first goal. Firstly, Boyata is sound asleep. This is the MAJOR calamity in the piece. Secondly, Lustig and Bitton were watching what was happening - did one of them give Boyata a shout to wake him up?

Coman had the legs on Lustig (oh, yes he did!)... he was about to skin him and it was going to become a one-on-one no matter what.

Had CG initially stayed put, then he was going to have to come and make a challenge at some point in the penalty box. Keepers don't stay glued to the line on a one-on-one. They have to go meet it. But now the challenge would be in the penalty box... the risk factor is through the roof (and we don't even have one at Paradise!). Does anyone honestly think that ANY type of CG challenge on Coman in the penalty box is going to result in anything other than either a goal, or a pen and red (a player like Coman knows EXACTLY how to play a one-on-one... suck in the keeper... put the ball past him if he has the angle... or make / take contact and go down). The odds were stacked heavily against CG being succesful in this scenario.

And his passing... again!. * me... we've covered this to death (old dod - new tricks) and it's actually no bad for an old dog. His 50/50 long punts were landing close to his outfield targets and I don't recall one of them winning the subsequent aerial challenge. Can't blame CG for that.

Some have accused him of passing out to defensive / midfield players who had opponents nearby. Well of * course they're going to have opponents nearby - Bayern were pressing everything.

Seems no one is mentioning the number of balls pinged back to CG at stupid speed / angles last night, that were either forcing him to make another risky pass (the BR way), a long 50/50 punt, or just plain hoof it the * out of the park.

Seen some posts today suggesting that he was nonchalent when passing out. He's a 6'4" awkward looking Bhoy attempting something that's been completely alien to him for most of his professional career - how the * do you want him to shape himself when passing the ball? * off!

And at the end of the day - the goal should never had stood - seems CG rushing out DID have an impact because Coman had to use his * hand to take it past him!

Get off the Bhoys back - no good can come of this moaning. He made an excellent save last night - his core role! Toast this, rather than the * served-up by a number of players daydreaming and one who a least tried to take responsibility!

Forget the passing - it'll just do your * in. He is being told to do it and he is a * long-in-the-tooth goalkeeper! Even the super-duper-sweeper-keeper Neuer has a lengthy bloopers-reel (go look on YouTube at Neuer mistakes - many many MANY worse that CG's challenge last night!).

So, he's this mornings talking point - but what about Armstrongs failure to convert a sitter and give us the league... far bigger technique-fail than CG's! What about Bitton not fully committing to the challenge for their second. Martinez decided HE was having it - he knew he was going to take a sore one and * threw himself at it. Result - goal... and a properly gashed eye. Bitton - half-arsed attempt and a wee cut on the back of his heed from where the brave boy clattered him.

Seems some missed the midfielders missing the occasional easy pass last night. These are our 'pro' passers guys. If they * up sometimes, then it's only normal that CG is going to do likewise every now and then.

Let's not dwell on the 'fall guy', or the result! Let's glory in the performance last night - single defensive brainfart aside, we put in a performance to be proud of. Brooney - solid as ever. Jamesy - learning to stay on his feet and muscle his way past opponents. And Tierney - * me... Big Sutty wasn't wrong when he said he was the best in his position in the UK. What a talent - and he's a * kid!!! So glad we got him signed up on a 6 year deal as he will be off long before it expires - and the purchase price will be eye watering!

One daft moment, but a performance to be proud of.

Hail Hail.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

With a bit of focus and like he gives a *. The players had ran about being harried and closed down and done excellently to keep possession...then he gives it up cheaply with a half-arsed kick as if he's down the park for a kickabout with his dog.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

To fail to see that Craig Gordon is Celtic’s weak link is to fail to see the identity Rodgers is trying to build for us.

Forget the goal, it’s not about that. We’re trying to become a possession based football team at the highest level. When you keep the ball for 20 passes and bring the keeper into play for him to * it out the park with a big stupid lump is completely and utterly pointless.

We NEED better, Rodgers knows we need better and we will go out and sign better.

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Do Chelsea still want him?

Good shot stopper but the amount of times he comes out his box is just crazy. Could've seen a few cards last season because of it and its costing us games

18. scootz

NOTE TO CG... remember and make sure you have a 'focused' and a 'I give a *' look on your face when kicking the ball... your 'normal' face is not acceptable! :56:

Gimme peace!

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Who said he had to put on a face? :celtman2:

You can half-heartedly kick a ball without the need for pulling faces.

20. scootz

How the * do you know if he's kicking it whole heartedly or half heartedly?

I reckon he's experienced enough and committed enough to believe that what he is doing is the right thing and he's putting his every effort into the pass!

Whether it turns out to be successful, or not, is another thing. He's not having a casual 'kick about with his dog down the park'. He knows what the pressure is going to feel like when he * up, and I'm fairly confident he tries his best not to end up in that situation!!!