1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk about Gordon's kicking

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Hadouken, Oct 18, 2017.

Discuss Lets talk about Gordon's kicking in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hasn't been bad tonight but needs to stop that * pass up the middle to Brown. Giving me the fear.

kramer1 likes this.
  2. Dallas Cowbhoys

Gonna cost us big time sooner rather than later

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Once again, absolutely atrocious. Anyone who says it's not his main game needs to take the blinkers off now. Time and again he puts us under pressure with stupid balls into the centre of the park. Do it against the bigger teams and we'll be punished. He needs to stop now.

4. LloydsGamble

So casual...and happens multiple times a game now

5. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Constantly gave aberdeen the chance to attack second half with those * passes into the centre

6. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Genuinely think he does it for the banter.

Dia-*-bolical tonight.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's a * mentalist. I get that Rodgers wants him to play it out but * *, use your brain.

Those * wee passes out to Brown just put us under pressure straight away. Brown did well the first time to win a free kick, the second time resulted in an Aberdeen attack that they eventually fluffed.

Needs to cut it out.

The IRA likes this.
  8. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Horrendous tonight, only caught the end of the second half but he passed it to Brown who had about 3 players round him a number of times in the 20 minutes I watched. Even when he doesn't try the short passes he loses it, his long passes are even worse. He's not a bad keeper overall but for Brendan's style we definitely need a new one

9. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Why the * does he even bother with that wee roll out pass to Brown/Armstrong? Just puts us under unnecessary pressure. Just lump the * thing if nothing else on....

10. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I thought his passing and kicking out in general tonight first half was very good. He had 2 or 3 moments though when trying to pass out into the CMs and they were already under pressure.

I don't think he's doing this off his own back. He has the perfect view of who he's passing to every time and whether they're marked or being closed down. I'd wager given how Brendan wants us to play that he's instructed the CMs to come short and take the ball from Gordon even if under pressure.

Regardless, if that side of things was cut out and he kept it short to the defence or kick outs to the wide areas - wingers/strikers, which I thought were very good tonight especially up to Moussa, then there will be less concern surrounding this part of his game as he tends to do it very well in my opinion and tonight showcased that. Just cut out the kamikaze passes and suicide balls to Brown when he's already being man marked while coming short for the pass.

Also, on a side note; what a difference it is having Moussa up front to win flick ons or take in the keeper's kick outs. Griffiths is great at it and has really improved that side of his game this season especially but with Moussa it's so natural and effortless and must make Gordon's kicking up to him much easier knowing how comfortable the big man up top is at dealing with that type of aerial passing.

kramer1 likes this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He got worse immediately after I posted this. :56:

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  12. Lubo's Laces

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song
    So who are the bigger teams than Aberdeen? PSG and Bayern? You’re forgetting both of them hand us our * on a plate. Blinkers???

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

What would you have him do? Back to old frustrating gordon who punts it out the park and returns possession to the other team. If he plays that way hes dropped. Fact is any keeper who plays the way rodgers wants will make mistakes. Also one of his passes nearly created a goal. It was qaulity.

14. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    As i said I dont think he's a bad keeper, just that if we want our keeper to pass the ball then we need to get one who is capable of it consistently.

15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    His kicking is getting worse.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Put Broony under immense pressure at least 4 time's last night, 1 in the first half and 3 second I can definitely remember..

This is what Brendan wants though. If it goes right, Broony or whoever can eliminate an immediate press or 3 high up and next thing we've got plenty of options having taken the complete forward press out the game..

It's a risky part of our game and definitely isn't pretty but when it work's, it's quality to watch. You seen it yesterday with Bitton for example under pressure....beats his man and then floats a ball centrally in to Armstrong under zero pressure as we've bypassed 3/4 sheep player's and we're away..

Gordon needs to sharpen up his passing though. He lays it to Broony a lot of the time where Broony has no option but to take a touch and go back and can't see what's behind him. He needs to start being a bit more savvy. Laying it through to Broony when say Shinnie is bearing down on him, and Broony then has more option's, either letting it run through and taking the presser out without having a touch. That straight, flat pass bang in the middle of him at no pace is a recipe for disaster..

Big els and The IRA like this.
  17. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

His passings *,
    He smashes Summer Harl every night.
    That’s why we sing this song.
    For Craigy Goooordonnn.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Wish I could kick Craig Gordon, never mind talk about his kicking.

* is an absolute *.

I'm done with him!

Gyp Rosetti, PaulM1888 and TimFloyd like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Drop him next game effectively cost us 3 points tonite with his moronic display

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk