1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Anderlecht v Celtic, Champions League, 27th September, Kick Off 19:45. Live BT Sport

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Sep 23, 2017.

Discuss Anderlecht v Celtic, Champions League, 27th September, Kick Off 19:45. Live BT Sport in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    forever the * optimist..............may your glass always stay half empty...............

2. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    Hoping that we can make a statement of intent tomorrow night against Anderlecht, no doubt they will still be dangerous and not as bad as many are making out in the press but this is an opportunity to play ourselves right back into the group straight away.

We all love Brendan and what he has done, none more so than myself but I really hope that behind the scenes he and the players have the deep belief that they belong on this stage... otherwise what is the point in being there other than to boost the bank balance. I think there has been far too much hype with spending power and respect shown towards P.S.G and Bayern Munich so far and it was the same against Man City and Barcelona last year. This can only play into these teams hands in my opinion and they don't need any extra help! I know he is just being a realist but I would like to sense a bit more fire and grit, especially as the perceived underdog. It doesn't seem like mind games to over compliment opponents or trying to lull anyone into a false sense of security but who knows what the thinking is. I just don't like to see us being cannon fodder or written off before a ball is kicked. We are still a very good team in our own right. Respect is one thing, fear is another.

Yes the game has changed somewhat but I don't think you see Martin O'Neil or Lennon even in today's football world lauding our opponents so openly in public. I see no reason why we can't still be competitive in this group. I think we showed far too much respect to P.S.G in the last game and we are a lot better than what we offered. Yes these two teams have megabucks and superstars but in one off games we need to lift our level with the right attitude and determination. Call me crazy but I am still hopeful we can pull off second however we need a win to kick-start things tomorrow night.

I am going for 1-3

3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That's how I see it. This is a team that drew with Man Utd last season in the Europa league quarter finals, they may be going through a tough spell but they're no mugs at all. 3 points here would be an absolutely fantastic result.

4. Mr Diggler

The funny thing about tomorrow night is that if we manage to get a win and PSG were to lose we would be level on points with them. I would take a draw though.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't wait now. Would take a draw but think we can win it.

There isn't many sweeter things than see the Celtic score away from home in Europe. The silence of the stadium as you hear the net ripple...ahhhh bliss.

Have a feeling we will see this first 10 minutes tomorrow evening.

* bless and come on Celtic.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    packybhoy, KevMan and JC Anton like this.
  6. Bratfurdbhoy1

Right neck out 2-1 Celtic surely the law of averages alone means we will win this ! Centre backs having a good game is crucial here plus Craig Gordon not letting anything in at near post . I would prefer Paddy over Forest but Forest may get picked as he defends better

packybhoy and Cupid Stunt like this.
  7. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    My biggest worry tomorrow is ,,,,,, the pub to watch the game ,,,,,, or stay at home and watch it,,,,,, then there is the horrendous alternative ,,,, i meant to be starting work this week,,,,, not tomorrow night please,,,, we have got to have an emoji with a man praying on his knees

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    was confident as * all week, starting to brick it now.

Onyekuru is a handful, Dendonker is an absolute beast who will be playing for his utd move, Deschacht knows his onions and both their keepers arent too shabby.

They do have some internal issues (seemingly resolved) and their facing some players struggling for fitness,but they seem to be back on track, winning heir last two domestics.

I watched their weekend fixtre and they seem * when hit with a counter.

Admittedly im worried about our defence, need Jozo to watch his tackles for this one, spanish officials are retards who prefer to officiate dancing on ice comps.

9. HWFG!

Gordon

Lustig
    Jozo
    Boyat
    KT

Brown
    Ntcham
    Rogic

Paddy
    Dembele
    Sinclair

Hard lines going with Mousa but think it's time to unleash him and expect him to step up and do the business. Good options off the bench with griff mcgregor stu Forrest and edouard. Would have the same as the weekend when bitton was the only 'defender' on the bench. Hope we play the way we know we can and go for goals and the win.

10. Vic Vega

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    I'd have McGregor in for Rogic tonight.

Rogic brings flashes of magic but McGregor does a lot more work.

Also think Armstrong has done enough to stay in the team ahead of Ntcham.

Gordon
    Lustig Simunovic Boyata Tierney

Armstrong Brown
    Roberts McGregor Sinclair

Griffiths​

11. SeanBhoy7

That would be my team.

12. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    It's going to be a tough game, they are going through a bit of a bad spell but they'll raise their game for the CL. 4 points over the 2 games would be great, but they will be saying the same about us

JC Anton likes this.
  13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mon the Hoops!! :ynwacelti

packybhoy likes this.
  14. kevza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People sing
    I'm gonna miss the game tonight. I think we could scrape a win here. :D

15. Thechosenone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I would start moussa i think as i dont think the thumb has been good past 3 games. Thats coming from a guy who would normally have Griff as 1st name on team sheet

16. SeanBhoy7

A win tonight will give us huge confidence going into the Bayern game. We need to keep the ball, play our own game and keep it tight at the back.
    Gordon must be at the top of his game.

17. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    If im honest with myself i cant see us winning tonight or even drawing, they only got beat 3-0 over in germany, despite being down to 10 men and a penalty given in the first 10 minutes.

I think a lot of our support almost see these games against anderlecht as a gimme, when they are anything but.

Obviously hope il be choking on my words tonight.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  18. Aidan O’Shea

I agree with you. These games against Anderlecht are the ones I'm worried about.

Nobody expects us to get anything from PSG and Bayern, so the pressure is completely off. These games, however, test where we are as a club and how far we've come under Rodgers. Absolutely massive and it's going to be very tricky.

19. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    Good team, only change I would make is Armstrong in for Ntcham

20. Mr Diggler

The fans might but we arent playing in the game. Rest assured BR and the boys will be taking this with the utmost seriousness. It is far from a gimme but they were in a wee bit of turmoil and although the ship has steadied its far from stable. We need everyone to play well tonight to get a result but Brown, Sinclair and Gordon in particular. At this level to we must take our chances. We might only get a few.