1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I * hate that * Hawthorn with a passion, he is a fat pompous * of a man.

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Well this has been an interesting read. Going from a ban on the GB, which I doubt anyone wants as we all know what they bring, to some saying without them we would be on a par with partick thistle :52: :56::56:

The truth is they/we know that they have landed us in the * with uefa before and they continue to do it. So something has to give, simple as that. The statement issued as well basically ends with them saying they will keep doing what they have been doing ,which obviously just cant happen/be allowed, as we will see more harsh punishments dished out. (Unless we are prepared to withdraw from uefa competition and we know that's not even an option and its certainly not a serious one).
    Regarding the singing, my own view (and based on what I have been told by mates at the game) on that is I don't think its, as some have indicated, an endorsement/major return of the 'tunes'. It just so happened to be a game against a vile bigoted shower of * and people wanted to get it right up them in the easiest way possible. The proof of this will be in the season ahead I guess though, well that's assuming we don't end up like thistle that is ...

3. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    * the PLC and * Bawthorn.

The IRA and StPauli1916 like this.
  4. mickey95

What the * do they need to investigate from the Hearts game? It was two months ago and the so called 'safety concerns' from the Linfield game were cause by the Police from what I've seen. I've they are so bothered about the Hearts game why take their season ticket money in the first place?

Keano88, The IRA, KRS-1888 and 4 others like this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As i said the other day Celtic will be the only winner from all of this, they will refund the GB and allow other people to buy the tickets (as they know people will want tickets) or if they do let the GB back in the first time they even breathe the wrong way they will be gone, what a sad state of affairs this all is, Mr Lawwell, Fat Ronnie and the head of the GB or their committee should all clear their diaries and get round the table straight after Wednesday's game!

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

* joke
    [​IMG]

packybhoy likes this.
  7. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Couldn't have put it better. What do they want, a sanitised and empty stadium?

8. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Club has turned this whole affair into something worse than it was, utter Shambles.

9. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    And embarssingly ex players and supporters on FB are delighted they are doing it.

The IRA, Twisty, LV426 and 2 others like this.
  10. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Glad I'm not on fb, people on this site are bad enough with condemning the guys we all enjoyed singing along with etc on Wednesday.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Celtic Official FB Page is full of people saying politics has no place in football.......about a club that appoints Torys and Blairites to its board.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I understand their wanting to ban the GB for 2 games from Celtic park though don't agree with it or their reasoning but away games? That's bullshit, you can't just blanket ban 900 folk for all games.

The main cause is safety concerns? This is going to * the chances of keeping a standing section when the main issue was a * banner, the pyro should of been dealt with immediately but it's as if they kept it back as a tally against them in case anything else happened.

So * up that all the attention of the start of this season is on the GB and board. Sick of it.

13. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If they dont clear all this * up, just boycott all games after we qualified for Europe and they will see how a stadium which is filled only with 20k people will work. Or much better go to the games support the team in full power but everyone has a protest sign with him/her. This situation is bigger than the Green Brigade, it´s about a board who wants to make us like a mid table EPL club with armchair fans who just pays the money in the pocket of the board.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. Green Socks

The problem with a place like TalkCeltic is that it becomes an echo chamber for things like this. You guys are in disbelief or "embarrassed" by the view of Celtic fans on twitter or facebook regarding the Green Bridgade saga but don't you understand the Facebook and Twitter is a much better representation of the majority of Celtic fans?

Look I'm not happy with how either party has gone about this but it's clear that most Celtic fans don't want to see the political banners and pyro that the GB have said they will continue to use. GB need to realise that although they disagree with some rules, it doesn't mean that they can break them without consequence. If they continue like this, the majority of fans will completely turn against them.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Sell out season tickets for the first time in years... ban the GB indefinitely.

The board were happy to turn a blind eye when they needed their money then ban them when they are surplus to requirements.

* the PLC.

StPauli1916, Gabriel and celtic89 like this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I might be wrong here but the away games 'ban' could be a result/response to the GB's statement ending with they will continue to do as they have been doing.

17. mickey95

I would disagree, anyone with a slight interest in Celtic can like the Facebook page and comment on the situation whereas on a Celtic forum you are more likely to actively follow the team

Twisty and ScouseHoops like this.
  18. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:

Bullshit, majority of Celtic fans would not like to have pyros, but political expression seriously? It´s not like they stand there with a armalite banner directed at Linfield fans or chanting the vile stuff the huns do. Rebel songs and small expressions like the Rodgers at work banner are part of the supporters culture and everyone who wants the Green Brigade to * off completly can go eat *.

19. Millerntor

Personally I'd rather go with the thoughts of the match going fan than some internet bloggers that have a lot to say but funnily enough never attend matches. Like it or not, the people who went to the match on Wednesday reacted to the banners positively, as the ensuing rebfest by the majority proves. You can bet your bottom dollar that Sunderland will see similar songs in abundance and most likely pyro (most pyro at away games is done randomly and not and organised show like the GB one). The away support last season was superb - a mixture of traditional Celtic songs, Ultra led songs and, importantly, rebel songs the latter most so in years. People on the internet can tut tut along at this political showing by supporters at games, but it isn't going away anytime soon.

20. Cupid Stunt

One thing I wondered when I saw this was how would Rodgers react, he's talked about reducing the divide between Celtic and Rangers fans as opposed to widening it. He's also got friends and family still in Northern Ireland so putting his name above a display such as the one the GB did was pretty * stupid. If you wanna attach someone's name to something like that you should have to gain that persons permission, I'm in no doubt that Rodgers would have told them to get to *.

Bernie Bhoy likes this.