1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jj81

re read my post and come back with how you got from my post i said beliefs were put on a banner , cheers

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

I genuinely fell it hard to feel any sympathy for them in regards to pyro when you are told so blatantly no pyro. Then use pyro and you're comeback is aye but

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. mickey95

'sorry but i wont stick up for them for beliefs we may have that should stay away for parkhead'
    This not where you said their beliefs should stay away from Parkhead, may have interpretated it wrong if so I apoligise

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye have to agree there, as much as it looked good that amount of plastic around it. :88:

James likes this.
  5. jj81

no problem mate

our stadium is bouncing with them GB in it , they do other stuff too outwith the ground and match days thats a good thing, but knowningly taking banners we know will be hammered by UEFA is just plain dumb , other fans pay money and might miss out on games if we get a closed stadium.

James Mitchell likes this.
  6. mickey95

If there was a stadium closure over it everyone would be well entitled to be up in arms about it, but they're not going jump from €10,000 to a full stadium at the absolute worse case scenario it would be a partial closure of the GB section and if that happens they have no other choice but to take it on the chin as they've openly admitted they knew they would get in bother but the clubs statement is what has annoyed most of us, completely ignoring the other offences cause by the club and poor policing to get the boot in at a group that already get enough * from the Police and SMSM. Don't see a problem with the banner myself thought it was ment to be tongue and cheek to wind up the Huns and it certainly done that, wasn't ment to be political but no doubt sailing close to the wind

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So what if the police blocking stairwells gets us a closure is that different?

8. jj81

you dont see a problem with a banner with brendan on it , our manager , liked to the sniper at work sign?

everyone up in arms wont open the turnstiles to let us support the team

here is a question, well 2 , what age are you ? and why do you think these banners help us a club? if it doesnt gain anything why fly it?

i dont really give a * about what the police say or dont say , i could write you a book on what police have done to me

9. jj81

10. Derrybhoy1

Really we can boil the whole situation down to no * being able to take a joke or a different opinion anymore? * off. Jesus * Christ you ain't allowed to antagonise people anymore? You ain't allowed to offend a * anymore? * off.

Honestly in 20 years you won't be able to sing any more. I completely agree about the GB being naive etc (we knew about repercussions etc) and yes they do "offend" with flares etc, they also put a * load into the club with merchandise/revenue opportunities etc.
    But there's never any true outcry until the board put their spin on it. I wouldn't trust a single board member as far as I could throw them. To be quite honest, I want to type so much more but the sheer hypocrisy and sycophantic behaviour the board are beginning to show toward "neutral" organisations such as UEFA can take a run and * off a cliff. If you know your history and football without fans and all that jazz.

* off.

Gabriel, StPauli1916, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  11. jj81

DB thats the thing, we have our strong beliefs , but when you know you are going to get your club hammered by doing something then thats * up, the huns and msm were waiting to pounce and the GB delivered yet again.

FranceCelt likes this.
  12. Derrybhoy1

I've seen this "what does it do to help the team" comment all too often. It's a club with an identity, a pretty unique identity. But sure let's give that up to be another UEFA *, sit down, * up and pay your way club. Sorry but I'd rather Celtic were playing in the Zimbabwean u-12s than bow down to those hypocritical * in Switzerland.

I completely respect the simple thought process of "it's against the rules, you'll be fined." Ok. Should we accept being fined for this? Should we show such * cowardice so as not to stand up for our club?

Difference between accepting and agreeing with the rules. Until the blatant hypocrisy from UEFA ends we shouldn't pay a * penny in fines. Ideally, a few other clubs would join but I would much rather support "my" Celtic in the 18th tier of Andorran football than a UEFAtised Celtic no matter what level.

13. jj81

absolute madness , i agree there is hypocrisy AKA the poppy and palestine flags , we shouldnt have got into bother for flying it but that last week was weak and pathetic , especially with our managers face on it.

where in derry you from?

14. Derrybhoy1

Aye mate but therein lies my problem. We haven't had a single board member stand up for us in a long while. Lawwell did fight lennys corner in terms of sporting injustice but anything outside that scope is deemed an embarrassment to us, although honestly, at times I'm pretty embarrassed with the Celtic board.

People have to get away from the notion that because UEFA said no, we can't do it. They are hypocritical * plain and simple. The worst thing to do would be to simply bow down and never display a single political banner again (unless of course UEFA ask us to, as it suits their agenda).

Clubs across Europe get fined literally weekly, if not biweekly, how many stadium closures do we see per month? Stop the bed wetting lads, it won't happen. There's a clever game of chess going on whereby the board appropriate the use of the most draconian measures to sanitise the club and get us a step closer to the filthy, rotting iron gates of the EPL. To me, that's the be all and end all, ultimately it's what they want. I appreciate they're a PLC and have an obligation to do well by their investors, but I sure as * won't be compromising for the sake of a few pound. And I guarantee there's more than enough of us in the support to make a real difference.

Tl;dr can't wait for the North Atlantic league (tried to do the laughing smiley but it won't show me the shortcuts haha).

15. jj81

" I would much rather support "my" Celtic in the 18th tier of Andorran football than a UEFAtised Celtic no matter what level."

i think its time to call in graham

16. jj81

fair enough mate, we have have been done by uefa now but for a long long time, we all know how we feel regards ireland , israel , etc the msm and huns look constantly for anything our club or fans do to score points, lets wrap it and win 10 in a row and make £ in the CL , sing our REAL songs were they are allowed and * em all.

only ones getting done from this is our club mate.

FranceCelt likes this.
  17. Derrybhoy1

By no means am I discrediting what you believe, I do agree the GB should be more subtle perhaps, but to me the real issue is highlighting what our "governing body" promotes or discourages.

I came across in serious favour of the GB, I hold my hands up and admit sometimes I've thought "fs lads" but there's never any ill-feeling or disgust. Yes, they broke the rules, yes, they'll do it again. But look at Barcelona, them * are punished every week lol.

I accept criticism of the GB, of course I do, but I'll never accept rolling over and becoming another piece of fodder for them * * in UEFA, or those on our board who accept the rules when it suits them. Clearly there's a bit of PR going on with the Palestine issue. I'm sorry but you cannot pick and choose what causes to denigrate and what causes to support. Never mind sitting on your * hands until you see the global reaction.

Also lad I'm originally from Fernabbey down beside Galliagh, lived there for 18 years but I've now moved on, miss the place though! Where you from yourself?

DoTheBroony and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. Derrybhoy1

Ahk ye know what I mean, it sounds drastic but eventually the continent will be awash with clubs that are just EPL clones. I was using a bit of hyperbole to illustrate my point. :56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. jj81

UEFA wont do * all about the old huns cheating, they were corrupt as you say but still we gotta do whats right for US , we all have our feelings and probably some of the GB will have experienced NI in the 80s/90s
    clydebank , mothers family from aberfoyle ( not the scottish one )

20. Derrybhoy1

Don't disagree with anything you've said at all mate. We're both singing off the same sheet deep down. For what it's worth, I won't be there for Rosenborg but if I had the chance, I'd go and try and support a show of defiance or whatever, for me boycotts aren't the way but I respect people who choose that route.

Something just doesn't sit right with me in allowing UEFA to apply blanket rules, but then pick and choose punishment when they see fit. My main gripe is their hypocrisy without doubt. I just want the board for once to show some balls.

It's an emotive as * issue, but what we do know is that the Celtic support will never be fully divided. This will blow away as usual and further down the line something else will pop up. But we'll all always be there :50:

simpy, StPauli1916 and jj81 like this.