1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

ANNOUNCE PATRICK ROBERTS

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by kevinberryno7, Jun 4, 2017.

Discuss ANNOUNCE PATRICK ROBERTS in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I knew this day would come.

Our nemesis returns to haunt us once again.

2. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    I hope Southampton get relegated. * any club that gladly accepts its a stepping stone for players looking for their next big move.

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Has he got the same agent as Armstrong just find it funny why they are always linked

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just read an article there "how celtic could finance a move for Patrick Roberts" that sort of pish does my box in we have taken over £60k a week (reportedly) off the wage bill and have the money from last years UCL and over 55,000 season tickets sold apparently already (seen someone say its 57,000 but we can split hairs) 2 soon to be 3 new strips, prize money (albeit pennies to some for last season) am sure i seen someone say turnover will be over £80m so surely to * we must be able to go to Man City if we want theres £7m and there is £25k+ a week paddy, if he says naw he says naw

but all this

Sell Bitton, Henderson, Ciftci and Izzy that gets you most of the £7m or sell armstrong or maybe we are waiting on Van Dijk moving does my * right in.

the money MUST be there, if not serious questions need to be asked, i am sure i read somewhere the co-op are due full repayment in 2019 but them seems to always get re-financed -- any our accounts boffins know anything of this?

5. Mr Diggler

I don't think the finances are the problem. We can afford Roberts as long as we aren't get roasted for 15 odd million. The problem is Pep and Man City want to have a look at him and he is their player so until there is some movement on their opinions which is he either has no future, needs another loan or can make the 1st team everything is moot.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Southampton, gaaaddd!

To be fair, a decent loan move - they won't be fighting relegation and put on the back foot as badly as Sinclair was at Villa. But he is better than that. Can see City plan to see how he steps it up in the PL, and would be ideal for Paddy to do well and get a new cotnract at City and become a starter for them.

But I am jealous and stubborn as *, so I hope he fails, Southampton don't want him after the loan, City deem him surplus and the rest of the EPL top half don't bat an eyelid.

Enter Celtic in 11months.

7. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Has he gone to them? *

8. jamieparis

where are you seeing this? all ive seen is the * rumours from the daily rag yesterday?

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Like others, I'm just spouting nonsense based on those rumours.

10. jamieparis

ahh ok thought you had saw soemthing confirming

Peej likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Thankfully not. Still hope yet.

12. Dazzzdelux

Do you not think that part of the reason the likes of Dembele came to us is because we convince them that we can develop them and give them a champions league platform so they can get a big money EPL move ? The fans of clubs we get these players from could easily be saying the same about us. As much as I hate it, The English Prem has ruined football and made clubs in most leagues into "selling clubs"

littlekennie likes this.
  13. jamieparis

every club is a selling club really.

14. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    I completely acknowledge that clubs like Celtic and other top teams in lesser leagues like Ajax, Basel ect., will eventually need to sell on their top talent to be able to compete financially in the sport.

I just think English teams need to be held to a different standard simply because every club is making stupid amounts of money and spending stupid amounts of money. No English Prem team has any excuses anymore, you should be aiming to WIN, not acheive a * 8th place finish to deem yourself successful. A team like Southampton could've had a back bone of Forster-Van Dijk-Shaw-Chambers-Wanyama-Mane. Thats a pretty good team.

You can make the argument that those players moved on because they wanted to play for a "bigger club" but thats what * me off. Clubs like Southampton have the capability to compete with big clubs and make a name for themselves but they resign themselves to a small club mentality when they sell top players on to make money. In any sport, your goal should never be complacent. I don't care how unrealistic it may seem, your goal should be winning, not just financial success and a "high finish". That's why I can't stand seeing players go from Celtic to * Southampton, only to leave after 1 or 2 seasons.

15. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I keep seeing this thread has new posts and for a few seconds, whilst the page is loading I have that flicker of hope, only to be broken by general gossip talk.

:31:

:56:

Aussie_Dan and Random Review like this.
  16. shaunm

Still think he will be a Celtic player this season,cant see him playing a lot at man city.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Southampton get hundred million easy but you take away that hundred million and their other income isn't that much compare it to top six who all turn over 200 million or more then they will always be able to unsettle other players and be able to get their man

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

18. Drosejr

Starting tonight against ManU, alongside De Bruyne and Sterling. I know it won't help him get back to Celtic, but I hope he does well. It would show everyone outside the club how much he developed in Scotland, and hopefully reaffirm (yet again) how good the club is at building up young talent.

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    What time is this at?

20. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm hoping that we are just waiting to see if we qualify for CL group stages and, given that will bring in some decent cash, will then see us paying 7m for him n bringing him back to Paradise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.