1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Linfield vs Celtic 14 july 5pm, Champions League second round

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CelticKurd, Jul 9, 2017.

Discuss Linfield vs Celtic 14 july 5pm, Champions League second round in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jesus * this thread.

2. London Dub Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over.
    You should see the thread for the match in Gibraltar last year... Full of predictions of 7+ winning margins...

I'm sure someone once said that football is a funny old game...

And yes, I know it was a period of transition....

If we weren't playing a Protestant Loyalist team people would be more cautious and less prone to slagging off people suggesting it might not be a walkover.

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You don't have to change your opinion. You can say what you want. Still doesn't change the fact that you are obsessing about a result for another team that may or may not happen.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I was here I seen it ya Muppet.

5. London Dub Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over.
    Good for you...was I abusive or rude to you by the way?

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

If that's abusive then I give up.

7. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    By all means have a differing opinion but by backing yourself into a corner with comments that border on insanity, ie "We could be turned over in Belfast", "The atmosphere will be the most hostile we have ever faced", "We will do well to scrape a narrow win" "Linfield will play the game of their lives" etc, is leaving yourself wide open to ridicule.

It's almost as if you have no faith in the current team and manager to start the season with a decent win. Many accept that there is a risk we might not win by 6, 7, 8 goals etc but the only comments you've made about this game all appear negative and what I really don't get is that in another thread you say,
    "I don't think anyone can accuse us of arrogance if we say with any confidence that the treble is not only achievable next year but very likely with our current squad."

So we're good enough to have another invincible season but most are arrogant to think we will easily beat Linfield?

Proof is in the pudding as they say so we'll see what you've got to say for yourself after the game on Friday.

As for crying about others being rude or abusive FFS stop acting like a wee wain that has * in his nappy. This is a forum and when people make silly comments it's only natural they are going to have the * taken out of them. Honestly if you're finding the replies abusive or too rude then maybe this isn't the forum for you?

8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Yass. * intae him !

packybhoy likes this.
  9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If you are going to be part of the TC forum you have to learn how to reply to posts

"Good for you, Ya Numpty.. was i abusive or rude to you, ya bawbag" is a little bit weak but an emoji might help :boxing:

its always better to start with the softer insults as on this forum things can escalate quickly :47:

and if you want to win any argument with @Notorious don't forget to call him Paul the Tim :bye1:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hostile atmosphere aside i don't see how they are a threat tbh. I'm pretty sure roy carroll is their best player by a country mile, and thats their GK.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Wednesday 19th.

Jax Teller likes this.
  13. Paradise88

So the Lyon game is less than 24 hours later?

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Youth team/second team V Lyon.

15. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Think the atmosphere will actually help our players. Playing a much inferior team and the crowd will give the match some bite.

16. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I often find this argument with regards to crowd and atmosphere overlooks the main indicator, performance. Atmosphere can effect both ways, however this can be over-ruled by the players ability and mentality. Both of which I believe we have more in abundance than our opponents.

Good players and good teams will more often than not rise above or not be influenced by extrinsic factors.

Brendan talked week in week out, month after month for the whole of last season about the players having the right mentality. Gibraltar got mentioned previously, yet the simple answer to that is we are 12 months down the line. In that 12 months, we've went unbeaten domestically(mentality and ability), won 3 trophies(mentality and ability), added to the playing squad(mentality and ability) and developed as a team since then(mentality and ability).

I personally don't have any worries on the field with regards to this game, others do. I have confidence in what I've seen from this team and from the management and coaching of this team.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If we score an early goal, the atmosphere will turn poisonous against thier own side.

18. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't think it will, simply because these lads expect nothing from the game. They are there in hope and to abuse. I still expect this to be a very professional win to nil, I just don't think we will see an absolute hammering in Belfast. I am far more concerned by hammer throwing.

London Dub Celt likes this.
  19. joshua767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgeady, Robson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, hail hail, athenry
    How can i watch the game live? Stream?

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC’S Champions League encounter against Linfield in Belfast on Friday will be refereed by bungling Spanish whistler Alejandro Hernandez.

The controversial match official hit the headlines last season when he became known as the man who went a long way to costing Barcelona the title after a dreadful error in their match against Real Betis in January.

He failed to award a goal after Aleix Vidal’s effort appeared to be a yard over the line.

Hernandez waved away the appeals by Messi and Co and they had to be satisfied with a 1-1 draw.

Real Madrid went on to win the title by three points and Hernandez later apologised to Barca.

He said: “When you make a decision and see the images you are hurt, because your professional prestige as a referee is at stake.

“It was a very clear decision, but with three players in front of me, I could not see what was happening.

“I understand the anger of a lot of people, but it was impossible for me to see it. It happened very quickly and my assistant could not see it and I could not help him.

“It leaves you with an unpleasant taste in the mouth and is a mistake that stays with you, because every time you have a challenge ahead of you, this will come to light.”

chiefo likes this.