1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss The Wrestling Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Still to watch GBOF. Looked like a good PPV!

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

As noted, there was a domestic incident between Paige and Alberto El Patron at the Orlando airport on Sunday after the two were seen arguing in a terminal. A woman, described as a huge wrestling fan, recorded the argument and you can hear her audio in the video above from TMZ. Alberto was not arrested but was being investigated by Orlando Police for a domestic violence incident. It was alleged by one witness that Alberto "roughed up" a female companion inside the airport.

Before the audio came out, Paige took to Twitter and blamed the incident on a woman who threw a drink on Alberto after asking for a photo. That woman spoke with Heavy.com and called the allegation "completely false." The fan noted that Alberto "reeked" of alcohol as he chased after Paige inside the airport.

While arguing on the airport tram system, an emotional Paige reportedly screamed that Del Rio had been doing cocaine for "two days straight" and she called him abusive, according to the witness. The woman said, "They were arguing back and forth, screaming at each other."

The woman, who lives in the Tampa area, was dropping her mother-in-law off at the airport when she saw Paige outside of a restaurant close to the entrance of a terminal. Paige looked "upset" while on the phone with someone, pacing back and forth with tears in her eyes. The woman admitted to discreetly trying to take photos of Paige as she walked and talked on the phone. Paige apparently noticed her and walked back into the restaurant as one of the four people at her table walked out, presumably to check and see if she was still there. Paige suddenly came storming back out of the restaurant "crying and yelling." Alberto, who was visibly soaked in liquid, chased after her as she went to the nearby tram system.

The woman followed the argument and was one of the only people on the tram with the couple as their argument grew louder. “He was soaked and she was saying, ‘You’re such an abusive husband, I hate you. You’ve ruined my life, you’ve ruined my career,'” the woman said.

The couple continued their argument for a short while on the tram as Patron allegedly said, "Check her bag, she’s got all the coke in it, it’s all hers."

That is when the witness pulled out her phone again and tried to record the argument, which is where the TMZ audio came from.

Paige did note on Twitter that she received some bad news about the health of her uncle on Sunday. The witness believes the argument started because Alberto said something negative about the uncle. The witness said, "From what I gather, he said something like, ‘I hope your * uncle dies tomorrow, and grabs her wrist because he was mad she was on the phone for so long. They wanted to leave, so he got mad and grabbed her wrist. She got upset and threw water on him and she ran out."

After the audio stops, the woman said she stayed along with Paige and asked if she needed any assistance. She said airport police with a K-9 then stopped Alberto because they could smell alcohol on him.

Zak Bevis, the real-life brother of WWE superstar Paige, noted on his Facebook page on Tuesday morning that he's "very worried" about his sister.
    "I've got too say I'm very worried about my sister," Bevis wrote (sic). "Please keep a eye on her, she had one * Known as brad Maddox who took advantage of an 18 year old girl. Physically and mentally abused her. And now she's with a control freak who think he's a tough guy cause he's beats my sister and has money too cover his tracks.."
    News broke on Monday that Alberto El Patron was detained by police at the Orlando International Airport on Sunday following a domestic incident. Paige claimed the incident was not between herself and Alberto but rather with an angry fan that allegedly threw a drink on the GFW Impact World Heavyweight Champion. Audio of the incident revealed Alberto telling someone to "call the cops" and Paige crying. A witness claimed the wrestling couple were arguing at a restaurant in the airport.
    "I love my sister she will end up like Whitney Houston or Amy Winehouse," Zak wrote on Facebook. "....please share this,,I want the world to know that i care about my lil sister.....everyone keep an eye on her ...you'll be argry at me but I love you, I'm writing this on behalf of all the Knights."
    Zak also noted that their father, Ricky Knight, will weigh in later, noting, "Thanks for all the messages. Yes this is very hard to do. Ricky Knight is the head of this family and will have his say later."
    Knight has been an outspoken critic of Paige's relationship with El Patron, something that has even boiled over into a wrestling match between them.

Paige's half-brother, Roy, also expressed concern over Paige's well-being. He posted several comments on his Facebook page alleging that his family has photos of beatings that Paige has suffered from Alberto over the past six months. He wrote (sic):

"We got pics from the last 6 months bro of her beating I'm glad she's finally sticking up for yourself..the reason there fighting yesterday is cause my uncle on his last legs in hospital and he wished him dead
    "She needs to get away not that simple tho.

"Well now its out there ,the answer to all your questions I keep getting asked is there ,my sis won't be going to WWE cause he won't let her ,he trying get her the sack by keep running on about them,,so many people in the wrestling world hate him but are scared to say it…why ????"

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  3. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Her own fault

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Takes two to tango.

5. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

She had it made in wwe

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

So did Del Rio Who's to blame for this not Paige.

7. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Del Rio sounds like a complete * tbh if Paige does end up overdosing etc it's because of him

8. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Paige is an * she can make her own decisions

9. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's hard though she's a young ish girl in a relationship with a control freak

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What exacctly do you mean by that? Why is it Paige's fault and not ADR? A woman, even an athletic one such as Paige, is not the same size or have the same physique as an athletically built man, such as ADR. Paige probably weighs about 110lb soaking wet and he is probably 250lb. From the report sounds like he was quite physical and abusive. Not saying that Paige is an angel, but that doesn't give ADR the right to physically manhandle her so aggressively.

So why is it her fault and not his?

11. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Her fault she's in this relationship i meant we all know del Rio is a *

12. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

You'd swear she was 14 not 24 the way people are going on about her. She chose to go with him with everyone knowing he was a *, she has chosen to stay with him and has defended him and has risked her job for him. These are her choices.

Not sure if I fully believe it's all Alberto either, it seems like it's always been a two way thing where they always end up fighting and getting back together and stuff like that.

We all know what Paige is like, she's beyond an attention seeker.

Cena likes this.
  13. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    How amny women who are victims of domestic violence stay in abusive relationships, even defend their spouses, in a misguided belief that if just the rest of the world can see what she does in him or know the good times they share or whatever. Paige's posts on social media seem to be consistent with this type of behaviour. Sadly this is all too often a set of classic symptoms of a wider social malaise in abusive relationships.

Again, I know she is no angel, but this does not justify it being written off. And I don't care if a woman is 24 or 44, this is not acceptable behaviour by a man who supposedly 'loves' them.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SD should be good.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  15. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I hate how Orton vs Jinder and Cena vs Rusev are essentially the same feud.

16. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    AJ vs Cena, good * start here.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

How do you work that out. :86:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  18. R.A.

Tamina scares me. She's * huge.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty good show everything moving well for the Next PPV.

20. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Actually looks the part of scowling monster as well, Nia is much prettier facially so the role doesn't quite mesh.