1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nedfest in the soothside the night

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by atomicvertigo, Jun 24, 2017.

Discuss Nedfest in the soothside the night in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's all about opinions.

Plenty of people will think the music you like is *, '*' etc etc. I try not to bother too much, who really cares..as long as you enjoy it.

There's no point in spending time arguing over bands because you will never change anyone's opinion:56: Literally one of the most pointless things you can do.

2. Sween

Absolutely. I just think the Stone Roses are *

Senna s1979 likes this.
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

They've got a few good songs but live they are chronic.

And there are numerous examples of that on YouTube.

4. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    I loved the Stone Roses when I was younger, got into them via Oasis. Amazing first album, This is the One my personal favourite. The Roses and Oasis definitely resonate with a working class lad element. They are one of us come good. I think that plays a big part in their following. They appear "real", in that respect.

As I went into my 20s, I found the American bands far superior, Metallica etc. I would even say bands Panic at the Disco, the Killers and Kings of Leon are way out in front of the Stone Roses.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nedfest in the south side. That no just a normal day..

6. doctor venglos

Naw your just biased. Where do you come from ? London ?

Nothing wrong with bucket hats chief. I was wearing one yesterday. Great for keeping the sun and rain off your head.
    You should try one sometime. The blue ones are the best.:37:

7. stew37

Not my favourite band in the world but they've produced some really great songs; their first album is excellent. Some of Ian Brown's solo stuff is really good too. I've see Ian Brown live before and it can be hit and miss really, so wouldn't go out my way again. A fair amount of my mates were at Hampden last night and haven't seen anyone say anything bad about the gig though.

doctor venglos likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I take it you're from the south side :56:

doctor venglos and atomicvertigo like this.
  9. doctor venglos

The gig was great last night, musically they were superb, and as someone has said already not bad for a band going 30 years they can still pack out Hampden.

I can't be arsed with Oasis either, all this fighting between Liam and Noel is a pain in the * too.

10. TimFloyd Gold Member

I'm more into his solo stuff than I am the roses tbh been a big fan of his solo career over the years.

Seen him live a few times, I hope people don't go and expect a record like voice from him that's for sure :giggle1:

11. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was lucky that by pure chance despite never hearing them my pal was a big fan when the first album came out and invited me to go with him, they played to about 400 people and it's without doubt the best gig I've ever been to, no question, the whole thing was just immense, a few months later the NME and co were onto them and they just went huge within weeks, I saw them in one of their final gigs before they split at Reading and by contrast it was one of the very worst gigs I had ever saw, people were walking away shaking their heads it was so bad, Browns voice had gone, I believe his singing ability that night was famously compared to Arthur Mullard (one for the older members)

I know people who went to some of the so called legendary gigs like Spike Island, Alexandra Palace etc and they all to a man said they were utter * despite the hype.

Hit and miss has never been more apt to any band than Stone Roses but for about 6 months in 1989 they were sublime, take my word for it

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Some of his solo stuff is utterly brilliant and criminally underrated, especially FEAR, Keep What You Got, Golden Gaze, his voice sounds better in those recordings as well