1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic's Champions League season 17/18

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, May 29, 2017.

Discuss Celtic's Champions League season 17/18 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    If and big IF this game goes ahead on 11th or 12th it's going to be a massive headache for our fans to even get to Belfast from any of the Scottish ports / airports. Ferries and flights are fully booked already with the scum heading over for their Oranjefest.

What other routes are there besides something like flying into Dublin and then train or bus up?

2. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

You can fly to Derry then bus it or get the train to Belfast. Theres also the SeaCat from Troon to Cairnryne. Theres less of them take that route cause its more expensive. There's a boat goes from Campbelltown down into the Antrim coast.....but good luck getting to Campbelltown. You can also fly into Limerick, Galway, or even Cork but its a good old drive from there back north to Belfast.

3. Paul McAuley

John Daly paying with Rangers. People go for the money. A hate ma Job but a still come into work.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  4. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

I've just emailed this to UEFA

seanm and Drakhan like this.
  5. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Seen a few reports that the decision is expected to be made by Friday at the latest.

I'm convinced they'll swap the ties. Whether it's right or wrong is another argument but I think the PSNI intervention will mean we're home first to give them a doing which will maybe take the sting out it a bit for the return leg (probably not).

6. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    That will be the route Lion. i expect at least half our fans attending will be from Ireland and outside Scotland.

7. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Is anyone else noticing the media are constantly saying there could be trouble etc? It should be well highlighted before a ticket is sold our fans are some of the best behaved on the planet. There will be bother its certainty, but the trouble will be completely one sided. The focus should be on letting Celtic fans enjoy the game safely and showing them up for the scum they are.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  8. gasrex

Fly from Bristol:)

9. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Do you listen to renditions of , Up to our knees in * blood , the sash and do your colleagues pin up flags of the parachute regiment and uvf and such in your work place ?

Gabriel likes this.
  10. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Linfield fans on their way to the Irish Cup final, this is going to end well

11. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    I can feel an armalite growing out of me watching these mutants.

12. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In a way, for the safety of our fans, i think it should be at home first.
    Give them a 10-0 doing and then don't go to the away match.
    A football match is not worth being killed by bigots and you can be damned sure that Celtic will be the ones punished by UEFA no matter if it's the Linfield scum at fault.
    The Police will make sure it looks like the Celtic fans that started any trouble in any report given to UEFA.

Sturm Bhoy likes this.
  13. Paul McAuley

To an extent yes. A won't allow it but still here it.

The flags and that no.

I still here turns of phrase like 'thats Irish' or 'taking the mick' or simple casual racism. Our work place needs looked at but its not the culture to complain. Plus am no going to grass.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don't think we'll take an allocation of tickets if it's the 11th or 12th.. which is a joke really..

We can't travel due to Linfield being ubable to liaise effectively with the PSNI to guarantee safety. Surely that's something UEFA need to look at and action should be taken by UEFA. UEFA is all about respect, surely this potential of sectarian violence flys in the face of what UEFA are trying to achieve in that campaign.

It doesn't fall into the criteria for the game to be moved to a Thursday, have Linfield said to UEFA 'We need to change to a Thursday because our fans and community will already be baying for * blood and the sight of a 1000 Celtic fans will send them into a bigot fuelled sectarian rampage?

The tie shouldn't be that close but why should he have to give up 2nd leg home advantage? This will probably be the solution however I would prefer Linfield didn't make it through at all.

UEFA need to look at this though.

LloydsGamble, packybhoy and TESLA like this.
  15. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Linfield need to win their first round tie firstly so maybe we will be going to San Marino instead.

16. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    If the club refuse to take a ticket allocation for Linfield it'll be a disgrace. There is no way we should be stopped from going to Ireland simply because of the nature of the Linfield fans and the bigot fest that will be happening in the city at that time. We should be allowed to go, we should be allowed to support our club. If we behave in the same manner as in every other away tie in Europe then as usual we'll be a credit to Glasgow Celtic. If the Linfield fans start their pish.....which its guarenteed that they will...then that's their problem not ours.

There's one thing for sure though....I've never let some thick as pig * inbred bigot * stop me from going to support my team in this country and I'll boot myself in the baws before I allow the same thick as pig * bigot * to stop me from going back to Ireland. We should go over there....take our allocation....sing or hearts out.....and pump Linfield up and down the park, just to make a point.

17. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Spot on :celt_2:.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Linfield are set to ask UEFA for permission to move a potential home Champions League tie against Celtic to Thursday July 13.

There is a full list of Europa League second qualifying round fixtures that evening but with concerns over the original scheduling of the Linfield v Celtic game, an alternative date is being considered by the Danske Bank Premiership champions.

Representatives from both clubs met after the draw and both were happy with a 5pm kick-off on July 11. However, after the PSNI expressed concerns, Linfield have been called to a crunch meeting on Thursday, according to the Scottish Daily Mail.

Should Linfield see off San Marino side La Fiorita in the opening round, they will take on Glasgow Celtic in a two-legged Champions League second qualifying round tie. Linfield are drawn to be at home in the first leg, which was originally scheduled for July 11 or 12. A suggestion to alleviate concerns has been to switch the home and away ties, but Linfield are keen to host the opening leg in order to ensure a bumper crowd at Windsor Park.

Should the first leg be played in Glasgow and Linfield lose heavily, the Belfast leg could turn into a dead rubber. Hosting Celtic before the trip to Scotland, therefore, could be key to the Irish League side protecting a potential £1 million windfall the Champions League campaign could bring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nfield-seek-permission-push-Celtic-clash.html

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  19. oh bhoy

I hope this is the case don't know what makes linfield think they are just gonna walk this tie they are pish too

20. TheHappyLoss

Scum in work going on about our fans being put on bonfires, vile * with no self awareness of the utter skanky reptile sockets they are. They revel in this sort of bigoted *