1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fans hailing from other places at Celtic Park....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ScouseHoops, Jun 10, 2017.

Discuss Fans hailing from other places at Celtic Park.... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Dead on mate. So lucky I get a student discount.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So the Diaspora that makes Celtic, "Celtic". They should support their local team?

Why?

Edit.

Why does your Newry mate supporting Republicanism have anything to do with him supporting Man Utd?

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :43: I would be well * then. :84:

Random Review likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We all know you're a member of the prod squad. :giggle1:

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Ssshhhhhh, hundercover. :fear:

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Belfast Brigade. You're rumbled Billy.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Rumbled, fully paid up Tory voting *. :54:

littlekennie likes this.
  8. Sween

I agree but a lot of Celtic support (myself inncluded) come from a glasgow diaspora even if they havent lived in Glasgow. The west coast, Dundee, Fife, etc, are full of people a generation removed from glasgow and that is why so many support Celtic. I think most people get into football at a young age based on where their dads took them.

Id also say om the 'glory hunting' thing, there is much more glory in watching the top teams in the EPL or even Euro leagues (my neighbours kid supports Barca for no reason at all). I think the glory hunter tag is pretty out of date.

But I do agree in principle that people should try to support their local team. I just think in reality there are stronger family ties binding you to other clubs.

packybhoy and delboy2780 like this.
  9. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think there is something in this local team thing!! I stayed in Inverness for 5 years as a kid and always look out for them and was quite sorry to see them go down compared to some other sides!!

I now live about 10 miles from Killie and again i look out for them too and keep hoping year upon year that the * get relegated!!;)

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

* this 'support your local team' pish. Support whoever the * you want! If anyone has an issue with that then * them!

Can see the OPs initial point of empty seats/unused tickets for midweek games when travelling isn't viable. Personally I think Celtic should implement a system were these tickets can be used by locals who couldn't otherwise afford to get in or a buy-back system which allows the club to generate more income and gets the seat filled - enhancing the atmosphere...or both!

packybhoy likes this.
  11. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Most elite sports franchises/clubs run their own 'Ticket Exchange' via their online ticket sites.

In the US, ticketmaster have a ticket exchange section for NFL clubs season ticket owners.

One route suffers from inflated ticket prices, the other doesn't. Not to mention the risks of touts mass buying books for selling on 3rd party sites like TM.

Here's an example of Chelsea's exchange setup.... first google hit.

http://www.chelseafc.com/tickets-membership/general-ticket-info/the-ticket-exchange.html

ScouseHoops likes this.
  12. gasrex

I get you your point. I do support - and have a season ticket- for Bristol Rovers, but the family thing means I have also always followed Celtic and in later years managed to be able to afford a season ticket. I know some people find it odd to follow two teams, but there you go, it's not something I can change.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    If that's called explaining yourself then that's sounds fair enough to me.:smoke:

14. gasrex

Of course, the other point with following your local team is how far do you take it? As I said, I follow Bristol Rovers down here and live about 5 miles from the ground, but there are closer non league teams I could go to. Is it okay for a Celtic fan to be from Maryhill? Or Govan?

15. RudiVata

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    No. I think thats awesome mate .

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I support Celtic and my local team Kettering town, I would be * if I couldn't support Celtic cause I don't live near the ground (300 odd miles away). Of course, I envy anyone who can get to enough games to justify buying a season book, and the temptation is there to move up the road and get one myself, but that's cause I want to - it doesn't then make me a 'proper' fan.

If I had a season book though, I'd try get to every game (even just for the fact I'm a tight * who wants his money's worth :84: )

packybhoy likes this.
  17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Would be interesting to know who has a season ticket travels the furthest to attend every Home game and where they are doing it from, I've sat next to a few from Ireland and their devotion in doing it game after game is astonishing.

I remember reading about a guy in Englnd who had a season ticket at Inter and went over there for every home game, their ultras had a tribute to him when he sadly died....amazing stuff

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Of course it's ok. Celtic are still a local club to those people and we all know it's not just based on distance.

19. London Dub Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over.
    I find it hard to understand why supporters of a club formed to aid diaspora would have any significant issues with a global fan base.

Celtic has always been loved wherever the Scots and Irish have travelled and we have travelled everywhere between us!

That said, I do, at times, wonder what someone living in another part of the World and with no connections to the club gets out of supporting us. But maybe that's because Celtic is my family team and an integral part of our heritage.

I do, however, think there should be some scheme in place to make it easier for the less well off in Glasgow to attend matches. Maybe a ticket exchange discount for locals living within Glasgow or a locals first priority scheme for certain matches.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well for starters they do not get any bigger supporters of Celtic than Donald Fudge and he lives on the Planet Vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur,now that is a long way away!