1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

2016-17 Scottish Cup Final: Celtic v Aberdeen- Sat 27 May 2017- 3pm KO - BBC Scotland and Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Apr 24, 2017.

Discuss 2016-17 Scottish Cup Final: Celtic v Aberdeen- Sat 27 May 2017- 3pm KO - BBC Scotland and Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    We aren't getting fewer seats. From what I read it's an equal split but we, yes us, are handing our sponsors 700 tickets from our allocation and not to the fans.

Aberdeen are handing the full whack to their fans.

2. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    People on twitter who have attended every cup match might not get a ticket for the final that's a joke and unfair

Swervedancer likes this.
  3. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So have people who have been allocated a ticket been informed yet? I would have expected to be informed as soon as tickets went on sale but not heard anything yet, I was at the Inverness, St Mirren and Sevco games and on the HCTS so surely I should expect a ticket?

4. technom8t

Fav Celtic Player:
    NAKA
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So this is an equally split but Celtic are giving approx 700 tickets away for corporate responsibility. If that's the case then it's not the SFA fault it's Celtic who have messed up..they must have known in advance this would happen

5. HailHoopy

If this is indeed the situation, then it's the clubs fault.

6. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    I think Celtic (and us fans) are just peeved because Aberdeen couldn't fill their last allotment at Hampden yet want a 50-50 split now.

So even though we are giving away 700 tickets out of our own block to sponsors, we believe we should get more because we can fill more.

But fairs fair. If we were to get more it would play into the whole conspiracy * that we run the SFA and play by our own rules.

Artorias likes this.
  7. Bratfurdbhoy1

Yep Aberdeen would need to hire few of they trucks with the sheep in them if they are to get anywhere near filling there allocation.:36:

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nothing in the statement from the club about sponsors mate?

9. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    "The initial split of tickets means we will receive slightly less tickets than we did for the recent Semi Final tie. As it is a Cup Final there are a number of contractual rights which the Club is tied to and these have to be fulfilled which naturally impacts on wider availability. "

Think that's what it means?

JC Anton likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The Scottish FA notes the comments made by Celtic Football Club in relation to the William Hill Scottish Cup Final ticket allocation.

The allocation of tickets has been handled in full consultation with both participating clubs and the available seating at Hampden Park will be split on a 50/50 basis, as has been standard practice in previous cup finals where a sell-out crowd is anticipated.

It should also be noted that one of the reasons Celtic will potentially receive fewer tickets than Aberdeen is that the East Stand, Celtic’s preferred stand for Scottish Cup matches at the National Stadium, contains fewer seats than the West Stand.

In addition, the ‘football family’, made up of Scottish FA members, commercial partners, other recognised football organisations and staff, have the right to buy match tickets for the final.

This has impacted on the number of tickets the clubs will receive to sell to their supporters with demand for tickets in the Celtic areas outweighing that of the Aberdeen areas.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on Hampden allocation for Scottish Cup final: "It's a strange one. A cup final should be 50/50."

BR: " Staggering as we are third or fourth in relation to the average attendance in Britain, so to get less than Aberdeen is astonishing."

BR: "I would only hope they would look at it. Shouldn't be that we should go into the game with less tickets, at worst should be 50/50."

12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

As this is a possible treble winning season and the fact they don't come round that often. With that in mind and the Season that Brendan has given us I think more than 20,000 supporters would like to see us do it. I think it would be a great opportunity for the Club to have a live beam back to the Stadium, we would easily fill one stand, has the Club made any mention of doing this?

13. Gallagher81

All this raises the future of the national stadium.

Lawwell has thought about increasing the Celtic Park capacity to around 80,000 with a brand new main stand, but has felt because it would only be full for champions league and Sevco games that it wouldn't be financially viable.

But, would it not make sense to do it and make CP the national stadium - host the Scotland games and cup finals.

Sure, them across the city would moan about it, but I'm sure if you gave Aberdeen fans the choice and said "20,000 tickets for Hampden, or anything up to 35,000 for Celtic Park in a far better stadium" they'd take the second option.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Playing finals at our home would be a huge advantage though.. it needs to be a neutral venue.. Hampden is * tho, should use Murrayfield.

15. TheHappyLoss

Yes. If you go onto the club website you can buy your ticket online

16. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Got mine today online!

17. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Im in f6 never sat there before any good?

18. bonzo

In there for semi. Decent view. Got G2 up the back. Don't want to be low down.

Jax Teller likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I dont think this would ever happen while we are in the SPL. As you say, we wouldn't fill it often enough.

However, if it was ever going to happen then under Rodgers would be a good time. We'd likely fill a large proportion of it, especially if we extended the standing section along with it.

But, again, it's not feasible to do it. Whenever Rodgers leaves attendances could easily drop again depending on how things went.

I'd love to see 80k for a CL game at CP mind you :56:

20. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    My first cup final was the dunfermline one in 07 and we must have had 80% of the ground that day. Wee * team like that would have been handy given the occasion.