1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Weak link in this team

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by sidepocket, May 1, 2017.

Discuss Weak link in this team in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Domestic we look out of this world.

For Europe I'm going to be critical here even though I don't want to, New Keeper I love Gordon but would get another keeper in. If we had the great wall right now that would be something.

Centre half we have a few at the club but I feel we need someone Like Kolo but aged 25-28. And another player like Sinclair we are going to lose Robert's and need someone Like Sinclair.

We should be spending IMO 10-15 million get these players in and we could have a good chance to get out the group's, that's if we get a good draw.

2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Exactly. Armstrong still needs to prove himself at that level in my opinion. Same with Boyata.

We need someone to push Rogic as well which is why Brendan said we're going for a top quality playmaker.

Markybhoy and JC Anton like this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree and as others have alluded too, our defence is still questionable at that level.

4. Buster

Domestically is a scoosh and they all look good on the ball. Still need to look for favourable draws in Europe and get into Europa after Christmas via the Champions league as l think the last 16 in the Champions league is our limit at the moment.

The one improvement just now would be getting Rogic up to fitness to last 90 mins

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Right back, centre back, centre midfield and right wing after Paddy leaves.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    The IRA likes this.
  6. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    RB- Lustig . Struggles under pressure , lacks pace, and is horribly one footed. In Europe it gets shown up , as we have seen many times. We need a pacey , aggressive , powerful RB who can defend and attack. ( a right footed KT ).

As we go out and improve the team , good players will start to lose out. Lustig is a good player for us but if we want to improve and impact Europe than players will be upgraded. Unusual situation for us as most summers we are looking to shift deadwood and address obvious weaknesses - this summer not the case. We are in a situation when we are going to upgrade on already good players.

rickyroma25 and sidepocket like this.
  7. ddub11

For the league we are fine.For Europe we a stronger bench,also think McGregor blows hot and cold.

8. sidepocket

Pe
    perfect synopsis, couldnt agree more. And as someone early stated, the problem is its going to have to be 6m + signings to replace any of our first teamers as finding diamonds are not going to be in the mindset to replace any of our current team.

9. TheHappyLoss

In Scotland there is no weakness. We have the best two players in pretty much every position in the country by a distance.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Lustig most certainly is not a weak link in this Celtic side.

The fact folk are actually scrambling to come up with something tells you how good we've been this season.

Our only real weakness is a jewel in the crown number 10 whilst Rogic has yet to prove himself capable of a season of 50 games.

I personally would prefer another keeper but Gordon has improved massively.

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

To take us to the next level.. we need a quality CM with real class. Armstrong, Rogic and McGregor have been excellent domestically but I'd like genuine class in there to push us on as a squad, for the CL.

Boyata has been excellent and deserves a shot a Europe but we need another quality CB with good experience brought in, not another project but an accomplished CB, maybe along with a younger player. Although the game was finished on Sat we lost an easy goal with a simple one-two, so there's work to be done defensively.

I know the OP has said if Roberts stays, this isn't going to happen so we need a player who can play LW/RW.

Random Review likes this.
  12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Unfair to class any area of the side as weak given the season we're having. With Roberts on his way we need a new right winger as Forrest isn't on the same level. We'll bring in a new centre back too with Ambrose, Toure and possibly Sviatchenko leaving. Ideally we can bring in a quality number 10 too.

If we make those 3 additions we'll make a very big mark in Europe next year.

13. Aidan O’Shea

You're probably right, to be fair.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Agreed..

Lustig is a leader and at the perfect age, we need experience in the squad too.

Random Review likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I like Lustig he's a leader and has experience. I'd also like to see more of Gamboa who has looked good when called upon. Ralston too, if BR is comparing him to Danny McGrain then I'd expect him to feature too. RB is not a priority imo.

16. scomur1888

I like Lustig but in Europe the right back is a big problem.Oppostion always have pacey wingers at this level and Lustig is slow.

Other than that a good backup keeper and another striker.

rickyroma25 and Twisty like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We can improve and will do, but as of right now I wouldn't say we have any outstanding weaknesses..

We're in really good shape and only going to get better..

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Agreed.

I'd like us to sign a young 'keeper with the view to him becoming the number 1 not next season but the season after. That young Serbian guy perhaps.

19. joemc

Real play maker able to split defence with an eye for goal to , a pacey steady dependable CB who is comfortable on the ball ,a striker who is tall and fast and can take some knocks and we are pretty well a good cl team maybe a 20 mil spend, as for the rest we have the advantage of them all playing together for a few years and the new ones able to bed in slowly like eboue and gamboa .

20. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Just replacing paddy and another centre back if kolo leaves. Midfield is looking stacked at the moment.
    For Europe though we should always look to be improving the team. Scotty, moussa , kt Stu and brown are the only ones I couldn't see us being able to improve upon within our budget