1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajer, McCart, O'Connell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, Apr 23, 2017.

Discuss Ajer, McCart, O'Connell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaunm

Any of these players ready to step up next season and force their way into the starting 11 at cb?

2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Starting 11? No chance. Could see Ajer coming into the side on the bench a few times if he doesn't go out on loan.

3. NorwichCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Rogic All time - Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i think ajer has the best chance as he seems to be playing brilliantly with killie but think next season is a bit soon, be a good back up though.

Considering he only moved to cb this season he is doing superbly well to be arguably killies best player, so i have high hopes

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Really hope to see Ajer involved. I have hardly seen him play and I am desperate to see what all the fuss is about. Sounds really promising. I am still not sure if converting him to CB is a good thing or not when people were raving on about him at CM.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    O'Connell will no doubt go. McCart is nowhere near ready for me and Ajer will probably go for another loan like McCart but is much closer to a first team spot at us..

6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Is O'Connell out of contract at the end of the season? Haven't seen him included in any of the match day squads for a while now. Did really well for us at the start of the season. Would be a shame to see him go.

7. GavCFC1

He's on loan down south just now. Walsall I believe

8. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'd like to see Ajer get another 6 months out on loan. English Championship hopefully.

Imagine O'Connell's contract won't be renewed - a shame because by all accounts he's doing well in England and you know what they're like with overpaying for players.

Watched McCart against Rangers not long after he went out on loan and thought he had a bit to go.

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah your right pal. Did he get sent back to us early because of an injury? Heard he got injured but maybe it wasn't a bad one and he stayed down there.

10. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    O'Connell's done well at Walsall by all accounts, but is out of contract in the summer. Ajer seems to be walking it with Killie, and at 18 is no doubt looking to at being something special. McCart appears quite raw and not near ready.

I feel for O'Connell, as I thought he started the season great and really showed promise in UCL qualifiers. For whatever reason, he hasn't got a chance since. I assume he'll go in the summer, but I hope he proves Celtic wrong and gets himself going. Would love for him to stay, as I think he's got the makings of a good CB with good ability. Depending on who we bring in during the summer, I can Ajer getting an opportunity next season with the first team. McCart will be loaned out.

11. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Is he not studying for a degree?

12. cmc7

Carragher and Souness were talking about the mistake Man Utd made letting Michael Keane go the other night. Souness made a good point about defenders (with the exception of a few) not truly coming into their own until they're approaching their mid-twenties.

Bit deflating to see our supporters give up on some of the youngsters before they've had a real chance. Ajer has been superb for Killie, and O'Connell had a few solid performances at the start of the season - particularly in the Champions League qualifiers. Wee bit patience required.

13. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

He was on loan at Cork and got sent back injured, they were gutted as he was supposed to have played brilliantly in the few games.

14. freitassen

I think O'Connell should get an one year contract extension, he might never become a Celtic legend but he would be useful as a squad option and one year more here can help him to go to a better team afterwards. We have 3 CBs plus Kolo who is more of a coach nowadays (which I also want to see him staying) and I don't exactly fancy dislocating Lustig do CB. He certainly will have chances to play throughout the season.

There is also Kelleher, what about him? Never seen him play that much

15. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think Ajer has the quality to fill in at CB or CDM now and again, been impressed with him any time I've seen him.

16. apevrak

If he's going out on loan again I hope it will be to a SPFL club close by, preferably Hibs, St. Johnstone or Aberdeen. It would be easier for the club to monitor his development that way.

17. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Yeah would like to see him go out on loan to hibs.

18. freitassen

Perth and Aberdeen are quite far. It needs to be close because he is studying at an university in Glasgow. Hibs would be doable though

19. St.Mick

Don't think any of them will make it at Celtic, imo, McCart is the weakest of the three. heard Mcilduff, Donnelly, Mikey Miller, are being released, don't think they will be the only ones though.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Calvin Miller being released? I can't see that..

HailHoopy likes this.