1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends Sunday, May 28, kick off 2pm Premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2016.

Discuss Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends Sunday, May 28, kick off 2pm Premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    :boxing:
    naw was a guy ma mates brothers ex mrs used to work wae though.

:fear:

Marty McFly and Sean Daleer like this.
  2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Done well getting to Seville but always think we would've won it wa broto,boruc,forster,Gordon even Marshall tbh

CH4 likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE mark Enrico Annoni made on the Celtic Family was significant, although the Italian defender played for only two years for the Hoops.

He is returning to Celtic Park to play in the Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends charity match on Sunday, May 28 (KO: 2pm) in aid of Celtic FC Foundation and he accepts both the reality that the fans made him welcome and the acceptance that his recollections of his time in Glasgow will never fade.

“My favourite memory of Celtic Park was my last match because the stadium was full and the fans were singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone,’ he told the official Celtic website.

Annoni played with the Hoops from 1997 to 1999 and came with a more than respectable CV, having previously played for Torino and Roma in a career that started in 1982 with Seregno. And he is keen to meet up with the captains of the charity match.

“With Lubo I didn’t have time to build a friendship because when he arrived I then left Celtic,” said Enrico. “With Henrik, I will always have memories as he was a big friend.

“Celtic will always remain in my heart. I am proud and happy to have played for these colours.”

The Italian is particularly pleased that the proceeds of the match will go to Celtic FC Foundation.

“The Foundation always has good initiatives,” he said. “These types of occasion show how people at the club care about charity.”

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Cannot wait for this, will be an amazing day.

6. Dirk_Diggler

I

A agree was at fault for 2 goals had his eyes shut for one of them

7. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I would like to see Mahe make an appearance strangling an effigy of Hugh Dallas

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

IT is a partnership that has not faded over time. And while it’s 16 years since Tommy Johnson donned the Hoops in earnest, he is delighted to commit himself to the Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends Match on Sunday, May 28 (KO: 2pm) at Paradise.

“It’s good to come back,” he told the official Celtic website. “We maybe don’t see each other as much as we like but we are on the phone and we have a bond. It is going to be great to see everyone again.”

Johnson is now Head of Recruitment at Blackburn Rovers and visited Henrik when over in Sweden on work duties at the end of last year.

“It is always good to have a natter with him,” he said. And the experience of playing with Henrik and Lubo was one of the highlights of the Geordie striker’s career.

“It’s 20 years since I signed for Celtic and it has flown by,” he said. “Our era was unbelievable, and nobody expected to do what we did. Martin O’Neill came in and we just steamrolled teams. He gave us so much confidence. We were and are a close-knit group.”

His time at Celtic was plagued by injury but Johnson had one historic moment, scoring the goal that won the league in 2001.

“It was great day,” he admitted. “The Celtic fans always remember that. I had injuries and did not play as much as I would have liked but all that is put on the back burner because everyone just remembers that goal.

“I was 27 when I signed and it didn’t work out at first and you don’t want to leave as failure. A treble helps stop that.”

And he is a committed supporter of Celtic FC Foundation. “The Foundation is extraordinary. Celtic is a family club where charity is important. Isn’t great we have a fun and raise money for people who are not as fortunate as us?”

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Henrik Larsson
    Lubo Moravcik
    Joos Valgaeran
    John Hartson
    Vidar Riseth
    John Kennedy
    Tom Boyd
    Stan Petrov
    Simon Donnelly
    Jackie McNamara
    Enrico Annoni
    Rab Douglas
    Tommy Johnson

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

STEPHEN Crainey has signed up for the Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends charity match on Sunday, May 28 (KO: 2pm) and admitted: “I am going to be like a big kid running out again at Paradise.”

The full-back, who grew up as a Hoops fan, played for Celtic between 1997 and 2004, and he cannot disguise his joy at playing in the match on May 28.

“When I got the phone-call to ask me to play I was so delighted. I never thought I would play at Celtic Park again. To get that chance is wonderful,” he said.

But Crainey has been no stranger to Celtic Park since he left the club to pursue a career in England, playing with Southampton, Leeds, and Blackpool. And he cannot forget playing for the Hoops.

“I still try to get to the games when I can. I live in Lytham St Annes and get up regularly,” he said. “As a kid growing up I was a Celtic fan so the whole experience of playing for the club was a dream come true.

“To be involved in that squad getting to Seville in 2003 was just wonderful. I had to pinch myself sometimes. That was a team of real quality.

"There were people saying then that English football was much stronger than Scottish football but we went down there and beat Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool. That’s no mean feat. We were a top, top quality side. We were really strong at the back and spectacular going forward.”

He relished being alongside players such as Henrik and Lubo.

“Training with these guys day in, day out was a lesson in professionalism. It helped me in my later career. To get that experience so early was great,” he said.

“Henrik in training was incredible. He would finish for fun. His all-round play was brilliant. Lubo was incredible too. He was unplayable in five-a-side. He would leave you sprawling. An astonishing talent.”

As a former player and a lifelong supporter, Stephen has a grasp of what Celtic FC Foundation and the Lisbon Lions, who will be saluted on matchday, mean to the club.

“The Foundation is what the club is about,” he says. “And the Lisbon Lions will still be legends of the club for the next few hundred years.”

Stephen, now 35, is coaching at Fleetwood Town and is aiming to be in shape for his playing return to the stadium that has meant so much to him.

“I have stepped up my training since I was asked to play,” he says. “I'm buzzing about this and I know there will be such a great atmosphere.”

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    Stephane Mahe :yeah:

Always had a soft spot for the big mentalist :84:

13. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    STEPHANE Mahe cannot wait to relive the glory days at Celtic Park. The French full-back has signed up for Celtic FC Foundation’s Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends charity match at Paradise on Sunday, May 28 (KO: 2pm) and has revealed just how much the club means to him.

“I have not a particular memory of Celtic Park because my four years spent at the club were so intense,” he told the official Celtic website. “I can’t forget the fans, my team-mates, their songs, the atmosphere, never ever. It was just unbelievable and the league title in 1998 was just magic.”

Asked about his memories of Henrik and Lubo, the Frenchman said: “For Henrik it's just all what he did for the club. He was just brilliant, a wonderful player.

“For Lubo, it's that one game against Rangers in 1998, just after he signed,” he said. The little playmaker made an indelible impression on the Celtic support in the Glasgow derby that afternoon, scoring twice.

Mahe, who now coaches * sides, regrets he is not able to return to Glasgow as often as he would like but he has no doubt about the place Celtic holds in his heart and in terms of his career.

“It has the best memories for me,” he said. “I cannot forget the passion, the love from the fans for their club and for theirs players. It is a big club with a great history. It was an honour to play for Celtic, and it is an honour to be taking part of this event in aid of the Foundation.”

Bumblebee likes this.
  14. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    really looking forward to it should be a cracking weekend

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mahe! :party048:

Love the mad psycho.

16. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    The first ever game i went to he scored, im sure he only scored 2 goals for us, So that makes it more special for me :giggle1:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  17. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Really wish I was going. Those players were the ones I grew up with and it'd be nice to see them again. :frown:

18. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    A few will be shiteing it in case they are up against Bobo :eek1: Remember him halfing somebody in Stans game I think it was. This is probably why Sammy hasn't been mentioned up till now. My Mahe plea came up so now I'm going for the bold Samaras.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE history of Celtic is part of Tosh McKinlay’s life and very DNA. His grandfather and father took him to games. He was presented with a medal as a boy by Jimmy Johnstone. And he was part of the team that won a Scottish Cup in 1995, a league cup in 1997/98 and a league title the same season.

The former defender was almost 30 when he finally joined the Hoops but his links with the club were forged by being born in a Celtic family.

“I grew up with the tail-end of the Lions,” he said. “My first game at Celtic Park was 1972.”

He will return to Paradise for Celtic FC Foundation's Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends charity game on Sunday, May 28 and is particularly looking forward to the salute to those who won the European Cup 50 years ago.

“Jinky was my all-time favourite," he admitted. "I was privileged to watch them but privileged to get to know them. And Jinky presented me with a medal for a five-a-side tournament at Partick Burgh Hall.

“These things stick in your mind. These guys are very humble people. It was great to grow up supporting the team and then playing for the team and then meeting all those greats.

“You can’t explain what it means to you as a club. When I was growing up my father and grandfather took me to games. Unfortunately, my grandfather did not live to see me play for Celtic but when they talk about living the dream I know what they mean.

“I will always be grateful to Tommy Burns for allowing me to do that,” he said of signing for Celtic in November 1994.

And McKinlay rates Henrik Larsson as the best he played with, though the competition is strong.

“Henrik’s goal at the start of the St Johnstone game that stopped 10-in-a-row will live long in the memory," he said. "I was fortunate in that I played with the Three Amigos – Jorge Cadete, Pierre van Hooijdonk and Paulo Di Canio – and I also played with Andy Thom and Paul McStay but the king was Henrik.”

And Tosh McKinlay is looking forward to the charity match. “It is always good to get back on the hallowed turf and pull the boots on.”

JC Anton likes this.
  20. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    anyone no how tickets are selling for this