1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Pissed off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by venividivici, Mar 22, 2017.

Discuss Pissed off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Our biggest problem is we as a country are in union like our TV our football leagues are not and that's were we get * if we were in dependant and had own tv and telecoms then our TV deal be a * lot higher

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Swervedancer likes this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

Must admit I download the two Mikes podcasts, pretty much the rest is unlistenable, especially Durham

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    To be fair we would be the same about getting a epl team and saying they are not as good as they think although with a bit more realism

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Even the English hate savage last year Scholes called him a bell end under his breath on air

Swervedancer likes this.
  5. freitassen

It might be pish but there is no big achievement or something deserving of praise in winning with a rich EPL team.

The financial gulf between them and us, Ajax, Porto etc is far larger than the one between us and Hearts or Aberdeen. They are allowed to * up with money, players and managers constantly while if we signed a 5 million pound player that turned out to be pish our finances would be in disarray. We have a bigger challenge in winning this "pish" league than all of them with their unlimited resources.

* that franchise league.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    LloydsGamble and littlekennie like this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't know why people still act surprised.

It's the same every time English football starts to get shown up in Europe.

These are the same people that told us the Huns being in the same league as us would make the title challenges more competitive.

7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The fact that they go out of the way to call our league * is ironic and rather paradoxical. No one would go out of their way to say it was a * league if it was a very obvious fact. How many crtitque Wales, Ireland, Belgiums, swedens, norways leagues? These are countries with roughly the same population and arguably our league is the best.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I'd argue that our league is better than Belgium or Sweden Yeh our league has something they don't that is celtic but just look at how well Belgian teams have done in Europe this season

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I respect the OP's stance but if we're perfectly honest I'd never heard of Cundy or Durham. Ever.
    The fact that they felt the need to come out and attack us was nothing more than opportunism at its best.

Their delusional comments made headline news in Scotland and they delivered them in the most sensationalist and provocative manner they could. One way to get yourself noticed (and indeed make a living) is to make vacuous and ill informed comments on social media, sit back and watch the fireworks. Its obvious that they revelled in the attention and muppets like Townsend and * holster extraordinaire Savage took note, followed suit and got their 5 minutes also.

Unfortunately theres nothing to be done about it. English football culture has always had a propensity to look down on other leagues. One can only wait until their money bubble bursts, sugar daddy's walk away, the "super league" is formed and their "proud footballing nation" becomes a back water of underexposed, unsponsered * average players battling it out between * stoke and west brom for the english title.

Meanwhile... we are Celtic. *'em. And the horse they rode in on.

10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If English clubs got the same money we get their league would be absolute *.
    It's only TV money that has saved them.
    They would be the laughing stock of Europe thinking they are a top league but they would never be able to attract big named players without their oligarchs or the |TV money.
    Just like what happened to Arsenal in Europe (10-2 FFS) that would be happening to all their so called big clubs.

11. Celticbhoy17

The SPL is the best league in the world for me, its the only league that Celtic play in.

* what those * say I love celtic and I would love celtic if we played in any league

They dont get what its like to be a celtic fan and they dont understand that there is a world outside their EPL bubble. Who cares?

littlekennie likes this.
  12. joemc

Do you know wot ,Chelsea came in for our keeper , Chelsea are top of their fukin EPL ,Chelsea can pay 4times wot he's on here , we kept our keeper ,so all of those fukwits and Chelsea can s m d .

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    David pleat now came out woodwork and slagged off our youth product saying no manager buys from Scotland anymore biggest mount of * I've herd he even said that their is such a big difference between the top that the other teams have to play experienced and foreign imports to compete .....first of all our clubs can't afford to do that they have to rely on the kids of the future that just tells you his knowledge of Scottish football is like 20 years old senile * that he is also are these * in sky's pay roll or something as soon as bt says they are interested all these guys down south are taking aim

14. venividivici

15. BlackSatinSunrise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * the English league

16. Dirk_Diggler

See it on twitter every day and Facebook it's annoyed the life out of me.... everything a see now regarding the epl a comment and say the german and spanish are superior leagues these days then a say av not watched a decent game down there all year....

It,'s dire Stoke v Southampton?? Or Hull v Middlesborough playing out 0-0 draws it's hyped up pish and declining rapidly, a also luv to say dembele is a 50 million pound player fight fire with fire and wind all the * up