1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Dundee v Celtic - 19/3/17 - 12:30 kick off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Mar 12, 2017.

Discuss Dundee v Celtic - 19/3/17 - 12:30 kick off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I really do think the season is catching up with us now that's nearly 50 games now, players know it's job done as BR said they ain't robots

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Job done!

Quite sloppy at times but the league will be won soon enough :ynwacelti

Mon the Hoops!! :60:

Swervedancer likes this.
  4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    By the way, what a pitch! Puts ours to shame

1489935537315.jpeg

neilly1987, Artorias, Twisty and 5 others like this.
  5. Swervedancer Guest

Was very sporting of Brendan to congratulate the Dundee player for that wonderstrike but see if the huns ever score a goal like that against us he better not have the same response :56:

What's incredible is even though I can appreciate it's Brendan's first season and he's performing way way beyond what I ever expected and the CL group stage was outstanding I thought considering we'd not been in it for a couple years.

But it doesn't mean we can't have a moan when performances are dropping and we know we can do better. It's not saying the team are *, it's saying we can be better. However, we're one game away from winning the league so it does feel a bit weird to be complaining when this time last season Aberdeen were going to win the league. I mean it really is a remarkable job Brendan has done. I think the nerves have a lot to do with the semi final and how we want to be on our best form for that so we hate to see us underperforming, especially as it's the huns and they celebrated like they'd won the league that game. I think most of us are dying to get them well and truly pumped this semi final in contrast to last seasons. They need put back in their place.

Great stuff from Brendan though. I can't believe we've not been beat. That * Hearts pitch though, it makes ours look like Dundee's. Will be interesting to see how we approach that.

cambridgebhoy likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hearts just got their full pitch relaid mate it's like a Billard table

Swervedancer likes this.
  7. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    A game to forget, Dembele, Sinclair and a few others been really off the boil lately. Hopefully the break has came at the right time and we can give one final push.

Still only three more points needed :60:

Swervedancer likes this.
  8. Ak1

The squad looks knackered to me, and it reflected in the performance today.

Lustig, Tierney, Sinclair, Armstrong and Dembele all looked shattered in second half injury time. Whether Brendan fully trusts Gamboa, Izzuiguiri, GMS, Henderson and Griffiths though to replace them all at once is another matter. Hearts away will show us all I suppose!

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We are struggling to find space in the final third as teams learn how to play Sinclair and KT especially, who have both toiled a bit lately.

The return will of Rogic will give us a different dimension to our attacking play and free up space for others, we're a little too predictable at the moment.

Swervedancer and neilly1987 like this.
  10. Dirk_Diggler

* poor in the final 3rd dembele and sinclair were * again.. kouassi gave the ball away everytime he touched it when he came on.

Not a great performance teams are sitting in against us and with the formation we are using with the 1 up top everything goes wide then back to the centre backs.... a would change it and play 3 at the back and stick an extra guy through the middle either in centre mid or up top with dembele.

Swervedancer likes this.
  11. dmac

Dembelle has the potential to be as good as Drogba but he is still young and learning and he will have poor games like today where nothing comes off, today he kept going whereas last week he looked as if he had given up at times Sinclair has been great so far this season but he has had a dip in form last few games we can't expect players to go through a full season without having a few bad games even though it is frustrating

neilly1987 and Swervedancer like this.
  12. Paradise88

Nah what i meant was i was impressed with Forrest (2 assists), and Broony played well especially at the end showing what he's made off.

Paddy looked good but he gets dispossessed to easily. Think he bites of more than he can chew a lot of the time.

13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :50:

14. Paradise88

kouassi should have given his shirt to a fan at the end, because i don't think he's good enough to wear it quite yet.

Swervedancer likes this.
  15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I really don't see Rodgers making many changes for this game tbh mate. Especially with it being the one where we hopefully clinch the title. I just don't see it happening.

Swervedancer likes this.
  16. Swervedancer Guest

Oh cool that's good to know. I know it'll suit Cathro's ambitions too but it should suit us more as we have better players and it's also the biggest game of the season so far. We should be really pumped up for it and a nice surface will help our creativity enormously. Really looking forward to it more now because that old pitch you never knew that to expect. Lenny set his Hibs team out to just long ball it basically and the tactics worked. However I don't want to see us doing that but if the pitch is awful what can you do. Have you ever seen footage of pitches in the 70s when it's been raining? There is not one sign of grass, it's just pure mud :56: Great for passing though because if you hit the ball up in the air to land in a certain spot it would stop stone dead in the mud for your player. Wouldn't want to see the a pitch like that though.

So if Hearts have already laid theirs then that means the new turf must settle quite quickly. I should look it up on Google but I'm dying to know how long a Desso pitch takes to lay and settle. Very intricate process but they have a machine for inserting the plastic grass. Just hope it's fully functioning for our qualifiers.

Wouldn't it be great if Rogic was ready for the Hearts game if it's like a snooker table, he'd love that. Forrest should love it too and Sinclair, very good surface for fast paced players and great passers.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    KRS-1888, Artorias and Swervedancer like this.
  18. pop47

I dont know,think he might start Griffiths against the Diets.

Swervedancer likes this.
  19. Swervedancer Guest

What I thought was interesting regarding what you're saying is because Dundee (and other teams) are committing players out wide to take care of KT and Sinclair and also doing the same on the other side for Forrest and Roberts (3 players I noticed every time Paddy got the ball) is when Boyata had the ball running from defence a couple of times he just hit it into the space in the middle and it was picked up by Armstrong and someone else. But I thought it was a good idea because there is no way they're marking so much width without conceding space in the middle and I think Boyata seen this. If Moussa was on better form we might have made more from it.

I also think KT and Sinclair have to figure out a way to get past those markers using one twos or something. Same with Paddy and Forrest, they have to look up quicker and spot a pass because there is no way they're getting past three players. Just a thought that we could work on. Whenever I've seen Gamboa he looks excellent at the quick one two with his speed defences can't handle it and he knows that's a good way to get past them.

cambridgebhoy and JC Anton like this.
  20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    He may do mate but we were talking more about making 4/5 changes to freshen things up.