1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Positives to take from that game.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BR Fenian Army, Mar 12, 2017.

Discuss Positives to take from that game. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dirk_Diggler

We lacked any ability and played right into there hands with our slow build up from the back, they watched the way still mirren played against us and deployed the same system to stop us playing simple as that...... the manager made an * of it taking off Armstrong and Bitton getting injured didn't help us either, Erik, lustig,Tierney sinclair and dembele were all rank rotten to be brutally honest.

Roberts should have been on much sooner imo, a frustrating watch because we lacked a bit of quality for the first time in a we while, hopefully the manager kicks there * can't be drawing with that * at home away is acceptable but not at celtic park......

Also want to add the referee should have just wore his rangers top yesterday he was * howling and am not talking about the penalty claim, numerous baffling decisions against us, he gave us * all miller 2 feet of the ground not even a booking?? Ffs and the one on Roberts was discusting and he let Holt play on !! Our park didn't do us any favours either yesterday it's a * mess and we need it redone with decent turf to allow the team to perform to the best of there abilities.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night

Agree with this , probably the most blatant bias ref performance I've ever seen if he gets another old Firm game we should question it.

Dirk_Diggler likes this.
  3. BruceLeeBhoy

Uhuh

4. BruceLeeBhoy

Its the SFA no doubt he will get many many more.

he played a blinder for them.

5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Only Brown and Armstrong get pass marks imo.

Bad day at the office. Pitch was *, Players looked under pressure, ref was a sevco * and if we're being honest BR shat it tactically.

After getting their draw their now back to being the "world beaters" they were in the championship. We've handed a bit of confidence to this mob and IMO its completely unacceptable.

6. KevvyBhoy

I tend to agree and don't think a draw is a disaster either; the semi-final is the big one. Sunday's match would've had no impact on the title had we lost, and the last game in the SPL against Rangers will be an irrelevance as far as the league is concerned as well. Not to win when the team really ought to (home game, better squad, excellent run of form, Rangers' form patchy) is always disappointing, but it's not worth worrying about. In the grand scheme of things, I'll take a draw on Sunday if it means we win the semi-final and keep the treble alive.

If anything it'll serve as a reminder to up our game, take our chances and be more creative for the semi-final next time round, which can't be seen as a bad thing. On Sunday I felt we were lacking ideas going forward especially in the first half, and it's the first time I've really thought that this season in the league. Too many backward passes and a lack of willingness from our usually creative players to take people on, and the strikers were ineffectual for the most part. Rangers defended better against us on Sunday than they have all season, but we're capable of much better than what was on show as well. Rangers will also feel they've found a way to get a result against us and may plump for the tried and tested, meaning we can work on specifics to avoid this next time round.

However, as for last season, it's a totally different scanario IMO. I think a lot of fans last season saw a defeat coming in that semi-final because the team were playing poor football, and many were wanting Ronny out of the door at the end of the season as a result with the loss on penalties basically sealing his fate. If there was ever a time for them to beat us before getting up to the SPL, it was that game, which actually ended up as a draw after 90 mins anyway.

7. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We were at our worst. They were at their best. They had the ref giving them everything. They still only managed a draw. That's what it takes for them to be on a par with us.

8. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I never realised that results over the weekend officially ruled Rangers out of the title race. I suppose that's a positive, as now only Aberdeen theoretically stand in our way.

It also means that we can end their season at Hampden, and hopefully produce a MON style end-of-season Ibrox win to show them exactly why we're the Champions again.

9. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Positives for me is that I remember * all after half time. Big day/night.

10. TheHappyLoss

When you think of it it's * mental when you think we were a bit gutted after drawing our second game in 28 league games. They are a * team so are Caley Thistle sometimes it happens. Make it all the sweeter when we crush them next time. Our players will be raging about how poor they were

11. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

But we can still play like that which is a problem

12. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    We need to calm down I think. We were over-confident and complacent, a state of mind that occurs with being 33 points ahead of the competition. The positive is we can recognize our complacency and put the foot back down on the gas and pump them at Ibrox next time around.

13. Fatface

For me, there wasn't enough of an edge to this game for Celtic. We are miles ahead with nothing to prove. They, on the other hand, are desperate for any kind of credibility against us and had a new manager to try and impress. After the season they have had, some of their players must be worried...

The semi final is far more important and I think we will see a much better performance for that game.

The Regime and Damnati like this.
  14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Craig Gordon??:39:

Farmer, Keano88 and Paradise88 like this.
  15. Damnati

I think these games are so emotionally charged that it's almost impossible to make it through the course of a season with all of them being decided by pure skill/form. The positive that I take from it is that we are still unbeaten and it really guards against complacency when we next meet them in the much more important cup game.

16. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    I agree, I also think there is an important psychological point though. We embarrassed them at the start of the season, they are scared and intimated by us. That result takes the shine off us a little. We should not give them hope or confidence, we need to keep our foot on their neck, don't give them hope or oxygen to breathe because once that shine has gone, it's hard to get back.

17. doctor venglos

I agree with this.And that is why I was so angry at the 1-1 draw. Not so much that we dropped two points to our biggest rivals, after all we have a 33 point lead. Up until this point they thought Brendan and us were invincible with unlimited firepower. Them grabbing that draw has shown them chinks in Brendan's armour, and gave them belief that they can repeat the formula at Hampden, and win the Cup. They are also saying they did it all without Garner and Kiernan, and they will have those two back for the Cup Semi.

18. Swervedancer Guest

*, I was hoping they'd have Senderos back too.

We'll have a totally different attitude in the semi so they'll have to cope with a lot more pressure.

19. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Garner and Kiernan are hardly reasons to be fearful.

We had an off day. Everyone did. Even then we should have had a penalty at the end and who knows for sure but chances are we could have came away with a win. It was a blip and I'm glad it didn't come in the semi. Our run meant it was getting more likely each week a team near the top of the table was going to maybe take points from us for just the second time this season.

There's no need for any reaction other than chalking it up to a poor day all round, focus on regrouping and kick on again like we did after Inverness earlier in the season.

Swervedancer likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Even better they think that..