1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Hun scum - 12/03/17 on sky sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by leeso-ardoyne, Mar 4, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v Hun scum - 12/03/17 on sky sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Swervedancer Guest

From the start it looked like only Broony, Armstrong and Gordon were up for the game.

We should be playing them like we played Red Imps at home, Beer Sheva, Man City at home and the 5 1 game. I know they packed their defence but we've got superior speed and power to break through it, Armstrong showed how it's done so the strikers should be able to do it even better but they just weren't in the mood. Moussa didn't even seem to come deep for the ball like he usually does when he's in a packed defence, it was like there was no motivation. I expect that to happen in an unbeaten run but not against them. They should know by now how important it is we destroy them every chance we get and we must be giving 100% determination and treating it like a cup final game every time.

There was a great moment from KT when he nutmegged a defender and get right into the box but there was no one in space to pass it too. Surely we should have runners getting in there and Moussa and Sinclair finding space when they see KT making that run?

Anyway don't want to repeat myself but it angers me we were so poor and they were celebrating like they played us off the park. Even some pundits saying they've sussed us out. Our passes were going all over the place, how is that sussing us out? When we're at our best our passes are precise and our movement quick and decisive. I just hope Brendan knows how to hammer that home in the right way so they are up for every game from now on. I don't care about the unbeaten record, just the Treble but mostly I don't want to see Celtic players not really bothering.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Tbf to Brendan the players have been more than up for the vast majority of games this season, the uglies will head into the cup semi final with a degree of optimism, it only means our victory will be all the sweeter, because rest assured we won't see another performance as poor as we did yesterday.

Swervedancer likes this.
  3. celtic20

I actually can't remember a game against this Rangers or the previous version where I've gotten over the disappointment so quickly - that shows just how confident I am that this is a one-off.

I never felt that the game had a comfortable pattern from the off. Thought the huns came out the traps and got in our faces. That part didn't concern me too much, because we've had that before when the huns are underdogs and come out looking for a fast start, and I also think they've made quick starts many times this season before tiring out. However, when we got to about 25 minutes and we still weren't really in the ascendancy and of course Waghorn missed that sitter, I felt after all the gloating during the week that this may have come back to bite us. The goal settled us to an extent, but we never kicked on. You could tell the orcs were another goal away from imploding because they started to make more loose passes and were getting riled at each other.

The second half I thought was going to be more dominant from us because a lot of the time this season we've been a "second half team" so to speak. But yet again it was the huns that came out the traps. Sure we got a grip of it for 20 mins or so where the huns couldn't really get a kick, but I never felt we were too threatening. The closer we got to full-time the more you just felt they would nick a point due to how deep we were dropping. We brought on so many ball players in McGregor, Roberts, and Griffiths but still just hoofted it up the park. I never felt that we tried to find our passes on the counter. The reason we pumped them 5-1 back in September was because they committed to get back into the game and we picked our passes sensibly on the counter to exploit that. I never felt we had that composure yesterday.

Not going to even start on the penalty or the red cards. We all know the truth behind why they weren't given. However, we should've won irrespective of that.

Dembele, Sinclair, Bitton, Sviatchenko all particularly poor for me. Only one with pass marks really were Armstrong and Gordon.

I'm more than over the game now but thought I would give my own perspective. Onwards and upwards to wrap this title up.

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    :50: spot on!

Swervedancer likes this.
  5. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I broadly agree. I didn't dwell on it afterwards, and I'm content to chalk this one up to Rangers playing their best and us playing our worst. Hopefully, our players and coaching staff will learn from this, and it won't happen again.

Results like this do happen, but we're just extra * off because of who it happened against, I feel.

Swervedancer likes this.
  6. Shane1888

Few points now that the dust has mostly settled:

- Our worst team performance of the season. Only Tierney, Brown, Armstrong and Gordon get pass marks from me.
    - Madden screwed us out of a definite penalty at the end and also should have sent Miller off in the first half for a two footed challenge and deliberately trying to injure an opponent.
    - Roberts is twice the player Forrest is and should have started.
    - I was utterly baffled by Brendan bringing on McGregor. I'm not a fan at all and don't see what Calum brings to the team.

The one positive to come from it is that we won't be as complacent against them now in the semi final next month, or the final game at Ibrox. Also, Dembele and Sinclair cannot play that poorly again. It's a shame that their off day came against the zombies, but such is life.

There's no real harm done. We're still streets ahead of them. They came out all guns blazing and got in our faces, pressing us high, which none of us (including Brendan) were expecting. They've used their secret weapon and still not been able to beat us, even with the ref on their side.

Swervedancer, pablo88 and Hammy89 like this.
  7. celtic20

I think the real kick in the teeth for many of us was the late goal. If they equalised earlier than they did we wouldn't be as gutted. Always a sickner when it's that late.

Swervedancer likes this.
  8. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That, too.

9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    I'm over it. Onto dundee

10. Dirk_Diggler

The headline on the front page read we are the people, * unreal a will be buying the star from now on

11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your right mate if it was us equalising in87 minutes with them leading 1-0 we would probably be sitting fairly content saying " they * s thought they were going to break our unbeaten record and we GIRUT".

celtic20 likes this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Couldn't agree more. Said it all.

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Ag
    Agree with most of it certainly don't think this season Roberts has been twice the player of Forrest think they've both been excellent for the majority of the season, Forrest cracked in a lot of important goals e.g. Perth , tynecastle, cup final at home v Alloa when we were toiling home v dons and Motherwell and had plenty of assists, think wee paddy s been excellent aswell, granted Forrest no done it against the Huns.

Swervedancer and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    It was wee are the ppl, the emphasis being on wee as they were only allowed in the bogs 1 in 1 out, not that I'm sticking up fir the sun

StPauli1916 likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just get your news online, mate. :50:

16. Bonobhoy

This will benefit us....they have awoken the sleeping giant imo.

We needed that kind of jolt to get us through the rest of the season.....Only the ref can stop us in the cup (and they will be trying their best) so we need to keep calm and score the goals now.

Paddy on for forrest and griffs on earlier than usual

17. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    could somebody ask wee murty for a couple of his drawing pins so we can pin up tomorrows papers aka

Best squad
    We'll win the cup
    Win the league next year pish ...... obviously we need all the motivation we can get after that * 1-1 draw anhialation :55:

18. Henke102

Hoping to * that Kouassi Eboue is the sturdy combative midfielder we have been crying out for to replace Bitton. I like his attitude that when he goes out he aims to be a 'lion' on the pitch.

No room for passengers now, there is a league to be wrapped up and treble to be won. We have had it relatively all our way thus far this season. Every team will be out to stop us from going undefeated even more so now, and the semi final will be a real acid test. We should comfortably win it but with a biased referee and with the huns hurting from the SC final and having a brutal season we have to be at the top of our game, much better than we were yesterday.

19. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    I thought when we hit the high ball up to Sevcos territory you could see they were under immense pressure and that Sinclair and Dembeles pace put them under immediate scrutiny and instead of taking our attackers on they scoffed the ball out. Waghorn is *. He's not got the quality to score. Already stated Sevcos keeper is an accident waiting to happen with the slightest amount of pressure.

20. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Huns in work today :56:unbelievable