1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Things you used to love doing, but dont/cant anymore...

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Jax Teller, Nov 30, 2016.

Discuss Things you used to love doing, but dont/cant anymore... in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

I've posted this before, but any excuse! :56: Look out for @Pinstripe with his tap aff

TimFloyd and Swervedancer like this.
  2. MattMurdoch

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Also not eating at school through the week to save up your lunch money for your carry oot! Ah good times.

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Playing Football and Rugby I miss the most, although in the mornings I wish I hadn't played them as much :giggle1:

4. Swervedancer Guest

Haha that's fantastic! What a night that looks like! I don't know what Pinstripe looks like but all the guys with their tops off looked totally buzzing. Mind you so did everybody there, some of the expressions on the faces and the dances moves were superb :party:

Marty McFly likes this.
  5. TimFloyd Gold Member

Ah the pure euphoria bursting through every vain in your body, not a care in the world, everything is magic and everyone is your best mate in the world.

Swervedancer and Marty McFly like this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

Sleeping :nonono:

Swervedancer likes this.
  7. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I mind I had took a couple sugarcubes dipped in acid and wasn't feeling much until I took a massive bong. We then proceed to head out my mates house and his ma and da who where aff their rockers start asking me to join the labour party, saying they need more young people like me and *:56:

Couldn't tell if it was all one big trip, their faces were melting and everything and I was just * myself at them. Good times.

8. Swervedancer Guest

Hahaha brilliant, can't beat a good politcal discussion with your mates parents who are well versed, dunno about on acid though :56: Labour could do with some LSD, they need a few left of centre thinkers.

Doogs. likes this.
  9. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    :celtman2: aye and being too embarrassed to lift it down ....... knew the lassie that worked in the shop :(

The Prof and Swervedancer like this.
  10. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    A * 6? If youd said a 10 id understand. Bit of a dark horse at the old sports were we? Too good to tell me your highest break at snooker and now a 6 knocks you for, well 6, at the 18th!

Swervedancer likes this.
  11. TheHappyLoss

Can't stand golfers , "what you playing off these days"? "* off ya boring v neck wearing *"

12. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Getting drunk off a £1 bottle of pulse cider doon the park....miss those days.

Liam Scales and Swervedancer like this.
  13. Swervedancer Guest

Pulse, the alcohol version of poppers :tongue:

14. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Yeah, football with me too. I remember being on a beach a few years back, just booting a ball 30 or 40 yards back and forth with a friend. Next day i couldnt believe how sore my thighs were!!!

Running also....i used to run a lot, but stopped after all the stuff about it being bad for your joints etc.

15. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

Was the rental expensive on a bag of popcorn?

It's strange how games lose their appeal as we get older. I have a collection of consoles and games that I could only dream of when I was 13 and I have MAME with several thousand arcade games. These says it seems like a chore to dust off the SNES and fire up Mario kart.

16. Raindrops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Dembele
    Think it depends on person. Some people absolutely love retro games. I for one became someone who can't play old graphic games. It just makes me not interested in the game

17. jordan_

I have a ps4, i have it more for the point of having one now sadly. I rarely use it myself but good for having if the lads are over for some Fifa.

I still love the retro games, good friend of mine has the ultimate collection it really is a joke. Ill try find a picture for you of his facebook. For all the high quality graphics on games you really can't beat Zelda on the N64, true childhood game!!

trip2themoon likes this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I did not have you pegged as a youth Space Cadet for a second :56:

Swervedancer and Saul Goodman like this.
  19. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    The 16 bits like the Super Nintendo and the Mega Drive still hold up well today. Even the NES and the Master System have plenty games that are still good fun to go back to. I've got plenty of good games for all 4 of those systems.

One system that looks terribly outdated now is the PS1. It had 3D graphics forced upon it that it couldn't really handle so now it's driving games and games like Tomb Raider look horrendous. It took the N64 to come along and show how 3D graphics should be done.

jordan_ likes this.
  20. jordan_

Trying to find pictures on a guys Fb with thousands of pics is proving difficult! 1.jpg 2.jpg those two all i can get, sent him a message as its annoying me now haha.

Street Fighter on the sega megadrive will never get old. All this talk is getting me on the mood for hitting the arcade up on my lunch :56:

trip2themoon likes this.