1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Brilliant effort from everyone involved.

4. carpe diem 67

Just about every team that plays Man City in Europe their fans meet in the city centre of Manchester and then walk all together up to the stadium.

I might be wrong but this has never really been done with our support at an away game.

Would be excellent if the GB could make this happen

5. adios

We done it in Malmo and it was fantastic. All fans leaving from a central point and walkin through the city to the game

6. carpe diem 67

Sounds good! There was similar in Amsterdam last year buy wasn't exactly fan organised, just the police wanting everyone on the same train.

Most teams now do it from merchant city when they play against us and always looks good.

7. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

We got stuck 10 foot in front of the Helsingborg's fans on Argyle St after the game a few year back. Was uncomfortable as * with 200 Swedes shouting * the pope and Celtic scum while 5 polis try contain them:giggle1:

8. Bi-Winning

Also sit near the BHOYS, its definitely expanded over the last year. Makes a huge difference to getting the crowd going in our stand. If there was another group like it in the lower tier we'd have the full stadium going for most of the 90.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    As mentioned Atletico Madrid away (was on YouTube) , Anderlecht away (was at that) were long walks. More cause of polis though..

Juve away in the 3-2 and Porto away when we were blitzed and pished on in an open end, both big convoys. Coincidently those 3 are amongst 3 of my worst trip's..

Best one's for me are when you spontaneously go wherever (the fun element) and aren't cattled about or asked to be at a certain place at a certain time like Turin on the coaches..

Swervedancer likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Swervedancer Guest

Thought our fans sounded excellent tonight as usual. Didn't notice any hints of volume control as was discussed during the Sky Aberdeen game.

We always sound like the home support at Kilmarnock so no surprise there, I don't understand why they don't show up, didn't they used to have decent crowds? I mean it's got the population for it and a Friday night especially is one you'd expect the most to go to.

Well done the Bhoys in Green!!! One of the best supports in the world :ynwacelti

PS. Crow is there a donation link for food bag contributions like last year?

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

sorry mate I don't think there but I will find out for you.

Swervedancer likes this.
  13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The main stand at Killie is always deserted and the opposite side isn't that much better and when you consider they don't use any other stands for home fans that's incredibly * support, we had over 8000 there in a crowd of just short of 11000, do the maths, that's shocking in anyone's language, as you rightly say it wasn't always like this at Killie

I had a free ticket in the main stand about 5 years ago and in the end had an entire block to myself, for their biggest game of the season what hope is there, as depressing as it sounds I don't think the Killies, St Johnstones etc could even sell out these days if it was free entrance, that's very sad when you look at the bigger picture

Swervedancer and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. Millerntor

Kilmarnock is a great away day. Absolutely bizzare that some folk think it's rubbish.

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Been said before, but fewer Killie fans attend games against us and Sevco than their ordinary games. They got 4k against Hearts and 4.5k against Aberdeen, which I guess is what they consider big games.

From what has been explained on here before, they don't like us, they don't consider us particularly glamorous, they know they will get pumped 8 times out of 10 and that Sevco and we will bring thousands of fans and they will have to listen to a 90-minute reb fest* (us) or bile fest (Sevco).

A lot of their fans just think "* that".

* To be clear, I like the rebs, but most non-Celtic fans in Scotland clearly don't.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  16. Bratfurdbhoy1

Love the new WHam version for Brendan very festive

Random Review likes this.
  17. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Were the fans singing a song for Sinky when he was given a yellow card?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    chiefo likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

It's awful. cringe to the hills