1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Inverness v Celtic Sunday 15:00 on Bt

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Sep 14, 2016.

Discuss Inverness v Celtic Sunday 15:00 on Bt in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Danxy67

I know that watching the game there and on the telly are two totally different things but actually being there yesterday I agree with anyone saying it's some of the best stuff we've produced all season! The little interplay between big Tam, McGregor and Sinclair was magic at times and on another day Moussa would've got one or two. KT was a class act as per and was really hoping he'd have hit the net. As for their two goals, as much as I am a critic of DDV, the first was some strike and at the ground it did look unstoppable (maybe different on TV) and couldn't really make out their second from the other end but had their keeper not had the game of his life we'd have routed them.

The people saying "shocking" "disgraceful" etc. need to get a grip

2. Markybhoy

Only watched the last 15mins of yesterday's game but somehow I just knew Inverness were going to equalise. The game just had that feeling about it, I can't really explain why.

A draw up there isn't the end of the world anyway as they've always been a bit of a bogey team for us.

3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Was just a blip but no way should we have dropped points there!! Keeper had a few great saves but should still have put it to bed. Need to be more clinical up top...paddy cut in from the right at 2-1 and went in on goal when he should have squared. Also magregor continues to frustrate me...his final ball is sloppy a lot and couldn't he have released before ball got stuck under his feet when he chipped. These came back to haunt!

Defence is still a wee worry as well.....i think it's concentration levels..i just knew they would throw it into box with their height near the end. KT gave original and needless (imo) foul away. That led to corner and we know what happened with the 2nd phase of that. It was a long week so maybe cut them slack there.

Still a 'work-in-progress' and happy so far in the time they've had!!

ps- DDV is no better than Gordon from what i've seen and a change must be imminent if he doesn't improve. Said a few days ago i think Gordon's had a bit of a raw deal.

4. murphy88

It should be a concern when we need to score 3 goals to beat Inverness though. We are conceding far too many.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The volume of goals we're shipping is a concern but there is definitely no scope for the mock outrage.

We should have took 5 or 6 off them easily.

6. Dr. Frasier Crane

The thing that worries me is we're not even conceding decent goals most of the time. Look through CL qualifying and the league nearly all the goals we concede are from sloppy play, crosses or just total * ups. We're scoring enough that it doesn't really matter just now but the players seem to think it's job done before it is when we're cruising and just stop concentrating.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Almost spat my coffee over my computer! :56:

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Because their keeper pulled off umpteen good saves, we hit the bar twoce and missed a coule sitters.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    :56:

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Totally mate :50: Pretty much the reason many of us thought they'd score. Their keeper gave them a lift, a bit of belief, and we maybe thought, "it's not our day". Mentally they were strong and deserve great credit for that draw.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If we never created any chances it would be a worry, but their GK was MOTM and rightly so.

12. murphy88

I don't think anyone is concerned about the number of chances we created, but we shouldn't need to score three goals to beat Inverness. We can't rely on our attackers to get us over the line in every game. In the league it's not an issue because over the course of the season we will be fine, but in one off cup games and in Europe when it's tight, the defence has to improve.

13. doctor venglos

Arguably the defence has been weakened with the two signings of De Vries and Gamboa, and their inclusion in the team.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I've never wanted two players to succeed as much as De Vries and Gamboa.

I mean I want all players to succeed, surely we all want that because it means good things for our club but those two..? Man that would be so sweet.

15. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye coz we were keeping plenty of clean sheets with Gordon and Janko in it :rolleyes:

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I can see why De Vries has been questioned, GK's tend to get slated even after only a few poor games.

In terms of Gamboa though anyone writing him off already is mental. 2 games, one against Neymar and one against ICT when he wasn't terrible by any means. He hasn't played a lot of football, give him time.

Even in terms of De Vries I might be questioning him however I'd be the first to admit I was wrong if he can go on to gain some good form. I just have doubts over him and those doubts were there before he even signed.

17. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think you're bang on here and it's in Europe where we'll get found out if we keep up with these lapses of concentration. I mentioned KT's foul near the end which brought on that spell of pressure leading to the corner. I'm not getting at the boy.....he was my MOM with Rogic.

The huns goal again was right after we scored and right before HT when we should have been more alert. I'm sure from memory that one of the goals in the home tie against the Israelis was giving away possession cheaply.

Like i said, we're doing ok, just need to keep these to a minimum. Life will be hard enough, especially in CL, without giving away cheap goals. If we can do that i think we can get a result against anyone at home.

Believe!!:celt_2:

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:50:

Some people need to calm the * down with their criticism of those two.

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I said that about Gordon! :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously though, i'm not for punting DDV out yet but i think he'll need to improve. There are question marks??

Gamboa will be fine domestically...actually thought he did ok yesterday. Europe...well time will tell.

20. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Battered them. We were unlucky. As long as we're creating as many chances as we did on Sunday, then we'll win the league by March

We just can't keep a clean sheet man.