1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Inverness v Celtic Sunday 15:00 on Bt

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Sep 14, 2016.

Discuss Inverness v Celtic Sunday 15:00 on Bt in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Two goals should be enough for us to win a match though, especially against he bottom team in the league.

Our defence gives me the * fear.

I love the attacking play don't get me wrong but if we need 3 goals just to win every match then it's going to be a rollercoaster season.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Couldn't agree more mate.. Always uncomfortable at 2-1 up there, sometimes happens in football, keeper has a blinder.. And they * a draw.

3. TheHappyLoss

Pounded them second half. They defended brilliantly then we didn't

4. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That match doesn't concern me. For one we should have been down to ten or they should've had a peno.

We had enough chances to win 3 matches. Their keeper played a blinder, we hit the woodwork a few times and one of their goals was a beauty.

My concern is coming up against Champions League teams and although I didn't expect much progression in that group I have major concerns about taking more serious doings.

You could also argue there was a bit of a hangover from the Barca game but I didn't see it, players looked fresh with good energy and movement.

5. jamesfr

We really need to stop conceding,start with getting De Vries tae *,the keeper should be there to win games he is there to lose them for me he brings * all to the team

6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Have a * word with yourself. How can you have watched that whole game and come away raging at the performance? Absolutely baffling. A bit more clinical and with a bit of luck we'd have scored 5 or 6. We passed them off the park that second half.

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What was bullshit ? :smiley-laughing002:

Of course we need a centre mid as well but it wasn't there the problem was today.

8. Paradise88

* for the traveling support

9. Deco17

Callum McGregor had about 8 chances that i have counted to do something proper with the ball outside the area instead of hammering it over the bar.. With this said the other players were * poor today like roberts and Rogic! Dembele never really got going as he was heavily marked. You can see we definitely need a Proper midfielder in there as brown half the time looks like hes controlling the game on his own with no one to support him.
    DDV was shocking as per usual should have saved the 1st goal. * off we didn't take our chances properly either. Taking our time and not killing teams off when we should have.
    Think Brendan needs to re evaluate team selection in the coming weeks as we have very tough games ahead. I will certainly be looking for a reaction against Alloa midweek! a want a hammering to bring confidence back. Failure to get a proper Midfielder for the middle of the park has cost us in these type of games.
    Im not letting it get to me too much though but it was quite disappointing.

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Strolled the 2nd half but wasted so many chances, should of been 3 or 4 ahead but for their keeper. They took their chance and fair play they dug in all game and isolated Dembele. Worst performance I've seen by Erik, Gamboa isn't settled at all and looks like De Vries has no confidence. Not the worse result was always going to be a tough game.

11. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    We attacked well, but I doesnt take away from the fact we conceded two goals, we give goals away so easily even against * team, and it is * brutal, if we need to score a power of goals just to counteract the amount we concede then we will have a rough season.

12. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    This thread is embarrassing lol calm the * down:rolleyes:

13. jamesfr

And * off celebrating a point at home ICT

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Because we dropped points against the team bottom of the league. We conceded 2 goals from about half a dozen attacks. We missed half a dozen sitters.

That's why I'm raging.

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We need to work on the defence big time, our attack is great time to build a solid backline with a reliable defensive mid.

16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    anybody who thinks McGregor is Celtic quality please give me your value of the player in cash terms

The boy tries but he just doesn't impress me .. he plays the odd nice pass but i'd take any of the Beer Sheva midfielders over him in a heartbeat. Too lightweight and done nothing first half

17. wulliebad

To many times our players are shooting from * stupid angles when we have one or two stood around the pen area waiting for a cut back.....every one want to be a hero and score a goal and it cost us today.

18. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Wasted about 10 chances, row z stuff.

19. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    No Bitton or Kolo Toure hurt us today imo. Griffiths is needed domestically as well he usually finds way to goals in these games.

So that's three big players, I don't think we can really complain about a 2-2 given the way the whole game went.

We move on to same old Alloa.

Also should add Jozo was very impressive bar one blip bad pass, definitely could fight for Erik's spot next to Kolo going forward.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Criminally complacent, should've buried that game. McGregor needs a spell out the team, only strengthens the majority view that we should have been signing a quality CM in the summer. For the time-being I'd give Henderson a run of games.

The keeper looks like an absolute turkey at times. How did he get Notts Forest POTY?!