1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Barcelona vs Celtic, Tuesday 13/09/16, 19.45. BTSport3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Random Review, Sep 7, 2016.

Discuss Barcelona vs Celtic, Tuesday 13/09/16, 19.45. BTSport3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dr. Frasier Crane

Dunno why people are that bothered, it was always gonna happen. We're in a rebuilding process and we need the cash from the CL desperately to try and rebuild so we might have to take a few of these results. Would imagine something similar at the Emptyhad aswell.

2. jamesfr

Agree we are a work in process and if anything it will show BR and the board that although we can dominate the Scottish game we need to bring in more quality if we want to avoid this sort of result in Europe.
    Barca were on top form last night with a point to prove after the weekend defeat,they would have defeated any team last night

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Good job we scored that pen or it could have been 6 or 7.

4. JoeDan67

The team selection was wrong and I said so as soon as it was anounced. What was the point in playing wingbacks and wingers?

How many managers faced with the front 3 of Barca would think it's a good idea to double up on the flanks and funnell them towards the goal?

5. Dopey63

Hard to take but a result like this was always on the cards. Remember the play off matches. We need to just accept that there is a real chance that we will struggle to get any points on the board during this campaign. Hard to take but it is a reality as the current squad are not good enough for this level. Still happy to be in the CL and really hope that our performances improve. Hail Hail

6. Bonobhoy

It was Barcelona at home ffs in the mood, angry and a point to proove.

Teams will come away from this ground worse in the future as well...

A 400 million pound team...

A shame it had to be us ...but on to the next

7. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Delighted with the result yesterday against Barca, 2-1 defeat is not that bad

8. Norm Peterson

Was it, aye? :rolleyes:

Too soon pal, too soon.

9. murphy88

I've not read this thread since the game finished so I'm not sure what the general feeling is, but personally I'm not too down about the game. I didn't expect us to get anything from last night, and if I'm being honest I did half expect a bit a thumping as a reaction after the loss at the weekend was inevitable. It did get a bit embarrassing in the end and that hurt, but they can do that anyone on their day. Last night was never going to determine how we do in the group, but we need to get the result out of our heads quickly. My biggest fear before the game yesterday was that a heavy defeat could have a negative affect on the squad, so a win on Sunday is now imperative I feel. The group we are in is probably as hard as it could have been, and we all knew that prior to a ball being kicked, but it will be our three home games that decide whether or not we progress in Europe in any capacity, so we need to dust ourselves down and prepare for a much bigger game against Man City in a few weeks.

10. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    expected a bit of a going over but at the end of the day if we can get some thing in the 3 home games and away at Borrussia you never know, didnt like all the fannying around in the pen area when we won the ball back off Barca why try short passes to another player? Just hoof it ffs Brown alone got caught about 5 times ,Lets move on well played Barca

11. Lyonniste Olimpico Liyonês

7-0 isn't surprising, but it hurts.

12. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I know it was Barcelona but I thought we might have done a few things better. Being unable to retain possession has been an issue in previous European games, it was an issue again last night. Players not tracking runners or positioning themselves, wee things that we could have done better in. These wee things might have made it only 4 or 5-0.

I know it's harsh but it's something we will need to brush up on for our other opponents as well.

13. lockerbie-bhoy

we need a keeper with a presence and some attitude-bring back Boruc

14. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Not harsh at all mate, that's the standard required at this level, and yesterday many in our team proved they can't cope with it.

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Did they at least have any * dolls our board can make a statement about?

16. optimusmike777

I thought Rodgers got it all wrong last night, he tried to pack the defence but that left so much time and space in midfield to pick a pass. The 5 at the back just did work and wasn't organised enough.

Honestly think we wouldve been better of playing our normal 4 2 3 1 formation and lost 7-3 instead of 7-0 haha

Also forrest should have played at some point last night

I also think Rodgers took way to long to change anything and in the end he didn't really change much. After 2-0 we shouldve changed something but oh well

17. JoeDan67

15 mins in I was raging that he appeared to be waiting until half time to change anything. Couldn't beleive it when the same players came out for the second half .

18. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree but it's easy to say this in hindsight. Hopefully we learn lessons from this and get some results in the other games.

19. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We were the * doll, my friend :icon_mrgreen:

20. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    He seemed to play a more defensive game but to be fair we could have 2 extra players in the team and we would still have lost by 7 :rolleyes: We were quite literally chasing shadows and the only two I could see trying to go for it were Broony and Sinclair.