1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Family Cars

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Avatar Daizen, Sep 5, 2016.

Discuss Family Cars in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Got a Peugot 3005 and we love it. About 9k used though.

1.2, low tax, decent fuel consumption, loads of boot space (important believe me) bluetooth touchscreen dashboard and loads of leg room.

Nice high driving position too.

2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I drive a citroen Picasso , does the job but they don't hold their value .

3. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    ive got the 1.8 type s gt,has everything and has never skipped a beat,great car that ill replace with either another honda or lexus.

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Il also vouch for the Astra. Great car, and ideal for what you're wanting. It's the exact reason I got mine.
    Plus you can say 'oh, hello fellow Astra driver every 2 mins as you drive by one' :icon_mrgreen:

5. Onefootwonder

Don't buy a diesel unless you do a lot of miles. There's too many expensive bits to go wrong. We're only a few years away from diesels becoming phased out too.

Something like a Honda Civic would get my vote. Not very exciting but they are generally more reliable than other similar cars.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Must have missed this:97:

7. Onefootwonder

The pressure against diesel cars has been building for years.

They'll be taxed to the hilt and banned from city centres in the not too distant future.

It has been well documented.

8. Haywood Jablomi

Forget all these poncy cars, go for a real mans car,,,,,,,, the Austin Allegro.

9. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That would be my pick:50:. If you could stretch your budget I would go for 320d or 320i touring(estate). Cracking car, with your budget the mileage might be a bit higher but I think it's worth it for the quality of the car.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2016
  10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Cant go wrong with hondas mate, ive got a type R myself had it for over 5 years and other than a radiator which burst, and the usual wear and tear brakes etc its never skipped a beat. Very reliable.

11. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Also to remember about diesels is repair bills are sky high if anything goes wrong with the engine. Its ridiculous the repair bills for diesels nowadays, as has been said a dpf filter regeneration could cost anything up to and over £1000 (im a mechanic and see these things daily) and thats just a basic running fault. Faulty injector can cost around £500/£600.

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Also got a civic for nearly 7 years the things bullet proof. Iv replaced the brakes and 1 dodgy calliper. 2 drop links for the speed bumps too. Service myself because the oil filters in the engine bay so just use one of those oil suckers. Gets the lot out. Runs as smooth as the day I got it. Iv got the "big scary bills diesel" though.... nearing 7 years and waiting on my big scary diesel bill so I can convince the other half I need a new car and not a kitchen.

13. Henke102

Had a VW golf for about 5-6 years and never had any trouble with it, replacing the timing belt at the next service but apart from that only had to change brake pads etc and one small issue with the exhaust. Can easily fit two sets of golf clubs in it and other * at the same time, and still looks good after I valet it out and polish it. Pretty basic version I have but I still recommend them.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

I've got a Ford Fiesta - new shape one.

It's a * nightmare with the bairns and prams and everything else.

Was alright for a young single guy :56::54:

15. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Same here.....well it was a Bora which i gather is a Golf with a bigger boot. Never missed a beat and it had over 155k (i did about half of them)on the clock....just not big enough for me now though. Eldest daughter is now 5'9'' and only in 2nd year.:eek1:

Only other thing was the front arches started to go a bit cause i'm a lazy *!! Had it for 9 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2016
  16. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Had 318d for 7 years great car less power than the 320d ,same 2lt engine pick them up now for 5 to 6k but your looking at a 10 year old motor Upgraded four months ago got the 4 series auto diesel ,stunning looks beautiful inside

Some drive