1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] H Be'er Shiva v Celtic Tue 23/8/16 7:45pm- BTSports 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Aug 19, 2016.

Discuss H Be'er Shiva v Celtic Tue 23/8/16 7:45pm- BTSports 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye it was a nice touch although 'a wonderful country' was maybe going a bit far tbf.

2. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Yeah, Janko is more accountable for it for me. I'd say 70% his fault, his positioning was a joke. Barging into your keeper with force, what competent defender does that? Gordon should have been more aware but the situation looked assured to him. Janko was all over the place all night. Only Celtic could concede that type of goal away from home. That'll be on that 'Own Goals and Gaffs' DVD this Xmas. :smiley-laughing002:

[​IMG]

Janko rightly acknowledging it's his fault. I didn't think someone could be worse than Ambrose against Juve but Saidey somehow managed to surpass it last night. He played like a fan plucked out of the crowd who's not kicked a ball in years. Football was alien to him.

After that, Gordon was flawless to be fair. He showed a good mentality to recover. Saved a few half-decent digs comfortably and gathered a few corners/crosses with confidence.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If Gordon doesn't give him a shout or gives him a late shout should Janko not be following his marker to the very end?

Putting aside his atrocious positioning that had him chasing a shadow into the box, Gordon was still far too slow to react.

Gordon shouts "KEEPERS BALL" nice and early, comes out with the knees up and collects the ball and cleans out anybody stupid enough to get in his way, none of that happens last night.

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I actually thought Janko was pushed into Gordon. For me Gordon is mostly at fault, he's got his hands on the ball and it should take more than a slight knock by Janko for him to drop the ball into the goal. He's too soft and I just don't trust him. Regardless though, neither of those two are good enough.

5. Dr. Frasier Crane

He ran away from his man and straight in to Gordon to be fair. As I said in the other thread Gordon should have been stronger but I don't even know what Janko was doing or why he was still on the park.

6. Nowhereman

I know a bunch of people compared their stadium to Tyncastle, but I've never heard Tyncastle be that good of an atmosphere. TBF, Tyncastle for good reason is a favorite away day because of the atmosphere there, but this place was on another level last night.

7. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Aye very true :50:

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I've been torturing myself with this goal for the last ten minutes, * only knows how many times I've watched it. :smiley-laughing002:

Janko sees Gordon is rooted to the spot so gets in front of his marker to shield the ball and let Gordon collect it on his line. gordon at the last second, full of doubt, decides to make a late play for the ball and they both come together through lack of communication.

Gordon shouts and Janko can just run for the goal line incase Gordon spills it and he can have a chance of clearing.

As it is there doesn't seem to be any shout so Janko gets his body between himself and the ball.

Gordon is the one who could have changed the course of that move, imho.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You need the guy facing play to be barking orders and letting you know who is in charge because he can see the game in front of him.

Gordon fails at this.

10. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Actually thought at the time that the Hapoel guy gave Janko a wee shove. As for Gordon, I don't think he was aware that Janko was so close by. He held his position rather than attack the ball, he also didn't protect the ball after catching like he would when he knows bodies are around him.

These things happen, Cha Du Ri and Forster in Rennes plus a few others. It becomes a problem if the situation repeats itself.

11. Dr. Frasier Crane

You really have been torturing yourself :smiley-laughing002: you've seen it more times than me so I'll trust your judgement until such time I feel like putting myself through what you've been through.

12. wulliebad

something that made me laugh was a few of their fans in the stands wearing other tops....one guy had a man u top on and 3 or 4 supporters away was someone in a barca top....strange if you ask me....going to support your team in someone else colours.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

one guy had an England flag. :smiley-laughing002:

[​IMG]

14. KingArtur'1

their no 9 was a threat all night

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Their entire team were better than us all over the park but regardless, * them. We're in the Champions League.

If we start signing more folk from Israel you know Dahan is involved and I'd rather not personally.

16. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Was he near you paul?

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NAW

18. LoveTheTic88

The number 9 everyone keeps talking about is Anthony Nwakaeme.

Never been capped for Nigeria and is 27 years old.

Clubs he's been at include Petrolul Ploiești, Universitatea Cluj and Hapoel Ra'anana.

Career goal record of 35 goals in 150 games.

11 goals in 40 games for Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

As much as he did play well, we just seem to have this terrible habit of making pretty average players look like world beaters in these qualifiers and have done for the last 2/3 years now.

19. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

* game, brilliant result! :celt_2::shamrock:

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He done his best work for them in midfield, in both ties he dropped into midfield well and passed the ball about well, looked strong on the ball too.

As a striker he done nothing much up front though although is he actually a midfielder who wears number 9?