1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] H Be'er Shiva v Celtic Tue 23/8/16 7:45pm- BTSports 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Aug 19, 2016.

Discuss H Be'er Shiva v Celtic Tue 23/8/16 7:45pm- BTSports 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bumblebee

I was extremely confident for the first leg, really couldn't see past us even when they scored those two goals I really thought we had another two or three goals in us.

This leg however I don't feel the confidence from the first leg maybe its cause its an away game and the Champions League group stage is so close it just feels to good to be true, sorry I don't want to come across as a negative down beat cloud just don't want to get my hopes up.

Going to be a long 90 minutes.

Mon The Hoops :shamrock:

2. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

FTFY

3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I am nervous about this. We should do it, but it's not as if us getting beat 3-0 away from home in Europe is unheard of. There was a period where it seemed our standard scoreline. Hope we score early to take the pressure right off.

4. angiebowie

Who would you play? We are a little spoiled for choice now. I think we absolutely must play Rogic, hes got to start.

5. angiebowie

Btw I think it will be 2-2. Just saying.

6. Dr. Frasier Crane

I don't like him as a starter in Europe, he's a good impact sub but I think his pace and stamina let him down badly in these games. His closing down last week was awful and he looked * after about half an hour. Think I'd rather start Bitton as long as playing against a team from Israel isn't too much for him.

7. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley

Rogic is a must start for me . Will need his ability to retain possesion and allow us to keep the ball in the final third/middle. He is just the type to help take the sting out of the game and give us stable possesion of the football.

8. murphy88

I expect one change from the starting X1 on Saturday. Lustig will come in for Janko, but I reckon that will be it.

9. Dr. Frasier Crane

I didn't think he did that at all well last week. He's fine in a game where we are expecting a lot of possession, so domestically in Scotland. But when we are looking to hit on the counter and not having the majority of the possession I don't think the game suits him at all. I think this will be one of those games.

10. Eddie Murphy

He's nowhere near ready, or even sure if he'll be part of the squad at all, but I must admit, games like this I'd like commons in the no.10 role. He can hold the ball, he's got great composure, can spot a run and isn't too shabby at finishing.

This isn't a game for Rogic. He's looked off the pace in the last two games, and his goal aside, I don't think he's done much - lot of slack passes, poor ball retention, all seems down to him looking shattered. He needs more intensive fitness to be a starter. Still think he will feature, could be a good impact player once the pace of the game had dropped.

Personally I'd sit Bitton deep and play Brown and maybe Hendo in front to break up play higher up the pitch and get the ball to the front three. Allow Scotty to float from the left wing into the no. 10 space, with Tierney more than capable of getting up the left flank. Gives us a nice asymmetry to unsettle their backline.

We need to take it to Be'er. We've shown we don't play well on the back foot, so the only way for us is attack.

11. ordinaryman

3-1 to HBS with us scoring in last minute of 3 min extra time. Craig will be shown a red for coming out and tackling their guy who beat the offside trap. Broonie will be shown a yellow in 1st half and be oh so lucky not to get sent off in the 2nd.

Normal game for us.

12. murphy88

Rogic was good on Saturday. He took up some great positions to receive the ball and was constantly looking to drive forward with the ball. What you have said about Commons could just the same be used to describe Rogic. I would say Rogic's got more composure on the ball and is better at holding the ball and protecting it than Commons as well.

No chance would i have Henderson in the team before him, in fact, it would be madness to do that. Henderson isn't ready for a game of that size, and he hasn't shown much in the short cameo appearances he has made. If you want us to attack and take the game to Be'er Sheva, then I can't fathom out why you would want Henderson in ahead of Rogic.

13. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Id go for:

Gordon
    Lustig
    Erik
    Toure
    Tierney
    Brown
    Bitton
    Rogic
    Forrest
    Sinclair
    Griff

14. ordinaryman

Like it but concerned that Erik has not played any football for weeks. Think he'll stick with O'Connell. Also need either Brown/Bitton to sit in front of back 4. Last week when they went forward in 2nd half it was too easy for them - scored 2 and could/should have had at least 1 more. We are typical BR team - great to watch going forward but too open when defending. Tomorrow will be test of whether we are just a great SPFL team or something a bit more.

15. jamesfr

I think we will score at least 1 ,hopefully we score first and their heads go down to make it an easy viewing night
    The more likely scenario is they go 2 up ,we are sitting biting our nails and we bag a couple late on,not that we need to score but i'm very confident we will.
    All in we will progress

16. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think we will win out there as well 2-1

17. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The only change id make from last week is dembelle for rogic.

18. JamesM09

Unless we score early, I can't see this being easy. They've already shown they know how to score and they'll take huge confidence from how easy they found it. We'll need to score to go through.

19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Think we'll play alot different than what we've seen so far. Compact, using Forrest and Sinclair on the break and probably 3 in the CM positions with Bitton sitting deeper.

I'm confident, we battered them to * last week but this will be a different game.

2-1 to the Tic.

20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Wit?:smiley-laughing002:

We basically gifted them the first and the other one was a good strike that Gordon should have done a bit better with. Apart from that they hardly got a sniff while we dominated the game.