1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Hearts Vs Celtic, 07/08/16, Sky Sports 1 HD, 14:15 Kick aff

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TESLA, Aug 4, 2016.

Discuss Hearts Vs Celtic, 07/08/16, Sky Sports 1 HD, 14:15 Kick aff in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Eddie Murphy

That was a great test today. Not much of a football match, but a true test of the team's championship-winning credentials. Lucky to not suffer a serious injury the way they Hearts wanks were playing, but credit to the guys for keeping their composure and not getting drawn into it.

Its this kind of challenge that we would have lost last season, glad to see a bit more steel in our resolve.

Got to say, Scott Brown deserves credit today. He looked fit as a fiddle, a step ahead of everyone else. Was breaking up play, driving forward and making good, positive passes. Makes a change from his deep sitting, near immobile, side pass only, performances of old. Here's hoping he has a bit more license to impose himself on matches. If he keeps this up in the big games, I'm happy to call him Captain.

Forrest too, had his best performance for a while, was more willing to run and go direct, very good goal too. Dropped off in the second half, but the whole team kind of did.

And lastly, a special mention for KT. The kid's a * rock.

Roll on 6IAR

2. Keano88

Probably our 2nd or 3rd hardest fixture possible and we've come out with maximum points against 1 of the pretenders.

Whilst the 2 other pretenders dropped points in easier fixtures.

Perfect start to retaining our title.

3. Shaun

It was asked off me for 8 years to be fair... :56:
    Thing is I am a PC Tech :54:
    Well I got there...lol

#MultiQuotingMasterCSC

:shamrock:

Unless they are drunk and, like me, getting rode HARD by an upset Hearts wife :smiley-laughing002:

I would embarrass Scott Brown, offend Brendan Rodgers and * wee GMS...

Yeah, I am in...so to speak

:56:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  4. oh bhoy

Where is the public outcry about one of players almost being chinned by one of those animals ,looking through a few sites not a * mention of it

5. Shaun

Sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cool story bro :50:

HH :shamrock:

7. Aidan O’Shea

#JeSuisGaffa

8. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Nice story Gaffa :50:

9. Heb Celt

What page are the goals and highlights on Crow,thanks and cheers.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Shaun

r543'0

Sorry. Trust me, won't happen again.
    I just get caught up in the moment ... :54:

:shamrock:HH
    Good win Yesterday all the same...

~~
    Gaffa, you were warned about posting irrelevant images in Celtic Chat within the last week.

12. BruceLeeBhoy

Well that was just awesome.

A very entertaining game and a great advert for SPFL.

We were under the cosh a little bit but we stood up to it well Gordon had a couple of good saves.

Scott Brown was amazing really dominated the midfield gave hearts no time on the ball.
    Jamesy was also very good today electric in the first half and scored a nice goal.
    Toure looked very assured, composed - a big influence he will be for us.
    Sinclair scored a great goal, although i thought he wasnt in it much at all, but its all good.
    Dembele is still finding his feet- but has shown enough in flashes to get excited about.

That penalty decision was insane did hearts get a peno because the huns slipped up yesterday?

great result and thas all that matters

13. Keano88

Ban hammer :bbpd:

:84:

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Gaffa can do whatever he wants.

15. hendycfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    How'd you hide a single members posts?

16. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I was actually being genuine when I said nice story :smiley-laughing002:

17. Darnok

Go to the 'User CP' panel above and then the 'edit ignore list' link on the left of that page.

18. celtic20

Fantastic result yesterday, even if the performance itself left a lot to be admired.

Gordon looked shaky, but thought the defence looked solid enough. Hearts threw a lot of balls into our box and I thought big Kolo Toure was exceptional with his no-nonsense approach. Biggest difference between having him and Efe in the team is Efe would've tried to dance around the Hearts attackers and lost possession, as opposed to just clearing his lines.

McGregor and Armstrong were poor, and I was disappointed with that because I think they're two really tidy players in the middle of the park who are good at creating some room. Forrest was brilliant I thought, because he was always looking for the ball and beating his man more often than not. For once we finally saw him getting stuck into the opposition. However, the standout in the midfield was Scott Brown. I've been criticising Brown's performances for a long time, so I think he deserves immense credit for holding the midfield together and playing the way we used to admire him for. Loved seeing him trying to stride forward with the ball and take it past the Hearts midfield on occasion, that's the kind of Scott Brown we saw at Hibs.

Wasn't impressed whatsoever by Moussa Dembele. Thought his first touch was decent and held the ball up to an extent, but I also thought he showed a lack of pace and never felt he was any sort of threat to the Hearts defence. He just continuously gave the ball away and struggled to find his man. There must be a cracking player in there though, as you don't get the likes of Zidane coming out and praising you if you aren't. Griffiths didn't have the best of days, but when will the Hearts fans learn? The more you wind him up, the ore he's likely to come back and haunt you. I can't remember the last time I saw a player with the "bounce-back-ability" that Griffiths has. He reminds me a lot of Larsson in that respect. Some people might forget this, but Larsson missed a lot of chances and broke down moves as well when in possession, they just don't make DVDs of those moments. However, Larsson always came back and showed the class he has as he would either score or assist (usually the former). Griffiths is great at that as well, no matter how many he misses, the one thing you can guarantee is he'll be back. It's that kind of character that won us the game.

For the subs, it was a great start for Sinclair. Really embraced by the fans now after that one, and showed a great desire to get to the ball. One thing I've noticed hasn't been mentioned much is the brilliant ball he gave to Griffiths before Griffiths darted down the left - thought it had a lovely bit of curl in it to take it past the Hearts defender. Didn't really have a kick before his goal, but this is a supremely tough fixture nowadays and it was a great start from him. Didn't notice Rogic too much, but he was tidy enough. Janko was on too late to make a big difference, but again he did the simple things well and helped to see out the game.

Great to have a manager that knows when changes are needed and knows what changes to make. For the first time in a long time I felt that I agreed with every substitution he made. Such intelligence from him to change the shape on a couple of occasions, and I completely agree with others who say we would've drawn or lost this game last season.

Fantastic three points for an opening day, now onto Motherwell. Could do with a convincing win there.:shamrock:

19. Sonny7

Good post Celtic20:50:

20. celtic20

Appreciate it mate, few typos in there when I read it back again so hope you understood it :smiley-laughing002: :50: