1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] FC Astana v. Celtic, CL 3rd Qual Rnd 1st Leg, Wed 27th July, 15.00pm ko, Premier Spor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Jul 21, 2016.

Discuss FC Astana v. Celtic, CL 3rd Qual Rnd 1st Leg, Wed 27th July, 15.00pm ko, Premier Spor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To play that much below average that's a great result. A better team would've floored us.

So it's back to good old grass in Paradise with an away goal, lessons learned and a new defender.

Strong position guys.

2. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Agree 100%

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hope to * we get this Sinclair deal over the line and we're laughing. Young O'Connell should be proud of himself tonight.

4. wulliebad

And breathe.

5. realshocks

First class. Overall the passing, defending and composure was very good. With Paddy and Griff we always carry a threat. A wee mention for O'Connell- maybe another young lad to establish himself in the team.

6. Darnok

Meh. Not really much going forward, I thought the middle three were uninspiring. Poor from set-pieces again, and very lucky at the end when their striker missed a free header.. Saying that, after Brendan put Bitton on and changed the shape, we looked much more solid without really threatening too much going forward. Roberts was a handful, and O'Connell was really solid even if his passing was poor. We should be beating them at home.

EDIT: the pitch was a disgrace too. I can se why teams struggle when they go there to play them.

7. ThisIsGhod

Roberts MOTM no ifs no buts

8. realshocks

Well, if Athletico could not beat them at home I'd say the rest did no bad, hmm?

9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    i didn't say they could think :smiley-laughing002:

10. GavCFC1

Happy enough with that. Hopefully have Sviatchenko back next week and do them at home

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Full Game

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GKIBOPqQHg[/ame]

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good result in the end, wish we could aim higher in terms of results but can't.

13. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    * performance, brilliant result. Easily the worst refereeing performance I've seen since that game vs Hearts at Paradise when Wanyama got sent off and Big Forster saved a last min penalty.

Hope to * Kolo and one of Erik/Ajer are ready for the 2nd leg and we should be able to finish the job.

14. Shaun

Rodgers I think was just chocking for the final whistle to go.
    He really is a very calm manager and that reflects well to the players on the park. I stood by Ronny, he had no REAL respect from the players, they went through the motions.
    It might have been a friendly, but we came back in the last Saturday friendly to get a 1-1 (Pens aside) and tonight we did in for real in competition. This brings confidence that we so badly lacked in the 2nd half of last season.

Only way is up here pheeps.
    If we get past this mob next week we are 100% playing group stage football. So I would like to think we get 2 or 3 players in, and get Efe to *. His ball watching in the 92nd minute was, well, Efe!!! He stood ball watching as 2 players ran past him. It was his fault for the lead up to the goal we lost. I am thinking that was Efe's last game in a Celtic strip.

How we managed to get a 1-1 with so many injuries, we have what? 8 players injured? Make shift 11 today, crap park, tons of travelling. Get the players home, check on Erik, get Toure game time and finish this crap off next week. The ref was a *, that mob are just thugs, they be lucky to get through next week with 11 men. Guy kicking the ball full force at KT at the end was a red card in any other game.

I am more shocked we got 1-1, but if we can get a 1-1 in these * circumstances...
    ...Well this is the 'Bredan Rodgers effect' He is just so frikkin calm.

:shamrock:
    Might get ma nat king the night now :56:

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Nope, Dembele was *, efe was *, Gordon terrible for the goal...Armstrong *, Mcgregor *

16. ynwa1987

Bitton looked good when he came on.

That away goal could prove to be vital. Have these guys started their season yet? They looked sharper than us

17. Andy bhoy

Great result :50:

Five hour time difference, against a team who are well into their season, on a * pitch, with a * ref and also playing Efe...

Hopefully Sviatchenko is fit for next week to play next to O'Connell or Kolo. Also really need to bring in a natural left winger, Armstrong and Forrest are not the answer.

18. ordinaryman

When Griff scored and the camera was.on BR walking/applauding, behind him, was that Janko sitting on the bench showing no.emotion? If so, is he bothered being here?

19. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I will :bbpd:

20. realshocks

FFS, you're a hard taskmaster.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk